Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm actually way happier with Griese than I thought I'd be. Jimmy has been playing better than ever IMO. I think Scangs has done a lot of coat-tail riding throughout his career that got him jobs that he isn't necessarily qualified, or may ready for. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'd take Bosa every day.  Only a QB can affect the game more than a pass rusher.  11 Rushes the passer on almost every play, stuff he did two years ago and in college, and a few plays per game, probably doesn't make him DPOY.  I'm more into skill sets than awards though.  If Bosa gave any more effort, he would have to give up a large part of his sanity, or rest, or balance, or something that makes him optimally effective.  His effort on every play is undeniable. 

I had to edit it from unquestionable to undeniable.  It was unquestionable until this jerk questioned it.  I suppose you can question it, but you would just look dumb and wrong.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I’m still super pumped that we landed Drake Jackson. He is 4th on our PBUs in his limited playing time with 8 and I feel really good about him being much more productive taking down the QB next year. 

I would like to see him be more productive as a pass rusher. He simply hasn't generated a ton of pressure when he has played. He has over 200 pass rush snaps and very few actual pressures. He's got some moves and looks good sometimes when it goes right,  so I'm hopeful it's really just a lack of consistent playing time. 

The batted passes are a nice offset, but I'm not sure how sustainable it is. At least at that rate. I think that is asking a lot. TJ Watt has never had a season with that many passes defensed and he actually is out in coverage sometimes lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would like to see him be more productive as a pass rusher. He simply hasn't generated a ton of pressure when he has played. He has over 200 pass rush snaps and very few actual pressures. He's got some moves and looks good sometimes when it goes right,  so I'm hopeful it's really just a lack of consistent playing time. 

The batted passes are a nice offset, but I'm not sure how sustainable it is. At least at that rate. I think that is asking a lot. TJ Watt has never had a season with that many passes defensed and he actually is out in coverage sometimes lol 

It’s entirely possible that he ends up being an Aaron Lynch type guy where he just teases you, but I think if he takes what he’s learned this year into the off-season he could make a big jump next year.

He’s still very young at just 21 years old and I think with his natural abilities, our D-line staff, and the guys in his room, he’ll have every opportunity to very good moving forward.

• Like 4