Which game is the GOTW?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is the GOTW?

• #23 Navy @ #16 Notre Dame
    • #4 Georgia @ #12 Auburn
    • #8 Minnesota @ #20 Iowa
    • #10 Oklahoma @ #13 Baylor
    • Other (Specify in Thread)

In 2024 the SEC will begin a new media rights deal.

I believe that CBS Sports will expand its SEC rights to not only include the games on the broadcast network, but also games on CBS Sports Network as well as that network's first Power 5 rights. CBS will also gain some key rights that they don't have under the current deal - first pick in weeks 1 and 2 (they have the last pick those weeks currently, an artifact of when CBS had the tennis US Open on its schedule), and the rights to televise five regular season games in primetime on Saturdays, and one on Black Friday (they can only air one night game at present). They will also have the option to move the SEC CG into primetime.

ESPN will continue to broadcast games, but in addition to CBSSN, they will share the cable rights with WarnerMedia's TNT, as part of that, WarnerMedia will take over operation of the SEC Network.

The new media rights deal will call for the SEC to expand by 2 in the first five years of the deal. Those two I believe will be Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

In 2024 the SEC will begin a new media rights deal.

I believe that CBS Sports will expand its SEC rights to not only include the games on the broadcast network, but also games on CBS Sports Network as well as that network's first Power 5 rights. CBS will also gain some key rights that they don't have under the current deal - first pick in weeks 1 and 2 (they have the last pick those weeks currently, an artifact of when CBS had the tennis US Open on its schedule), and the rights to televise five regular season games in primetime on Saturdays, and one on Black Friday (they can only air one night game at present). They will also have the option to move the SEC CG into primetime.

ESPN will continue to broadcast games, but in addition to CBSSN, they will share the cable rights with WarnerMedia's TNT, as part of that, WarnerMedia will take over operation of the SEC Network.

The new media rights deal will call for the SEC to expand by 2 in the first five years of the deal. Those two I believe will be Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

Noted.

• Like 1