Week 11 Non Vikings Games

SemperFeist

3 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Haven't seen it, but I read the Steelers tried to pull his helmet off earlier? That does not excuse what he did, just asking. 

It was a late hit to Rudolph, after the QB threw the ball to his receiver.  Rudolph  then appeared to be trying to retaliate against Garrett by taking his helmet off while still on the ground from the hit. Garrett lifts him up, rips Rudolph's helmet off and then smacks him in the face. 

Rudolph throws his arms up, as a "what gives?" gesture and then gets hit from behind by #65. At this time, Maurkice Pouncey retaliates on Garrett by throwing punches at him, taking him to the ground and then attempting to kick him.

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Well, Myles Garrett should never play another down in the NFL. 

Agreed.

It's comical with how many fans think he should just get 4-6. Dude commits assault and battery on national TV. Should've been arrested lol

• Like 1

Yeah, Myles needs to be suspended for a long time. I'd probably say 16 games seems fair. He seems like one of those players who isn't so much an idiot, but gets caught up in the moment and has no idea when to stop. Even on plays, he's gotten so many late hit flags during his career and should have on that play. And he'll get multiple in a game. It seems like he doesn't have that mental piece that tells him play is over, calm down. I personally think that any late hit, even if it's on the QB while the play is still happening, should count towards ejection. Also there was this stat, I can't find the tweet, but Garrett has a ton of penalties, Hunter, with his 48.5 sacks, has only 42 yards of penalties in his career.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I did find it rich that James Harrison chimed in on Twitter. He may have never hit a guy with his helmet, but the dude was dirty.

Garrett deserves a year suspension, at least. He should also be subject to criminal charges. 

I’d think the Browns would be wise to fire their head coach after this one too. He’s coaching on borrowed time anyway and there were several dirty hits in this game by his team. Don’t see how they keep Kitchens.

• Like 1

IDK. He certainly deserves to be punished, but I find all of the media outrage sorta disingenuous... A guy playing a violent sport lost control in the heat of the moment and did something totally out of line. That should really be the end of it. Antonio Smith got a couple of games (preseason I think?) for something nearly identical.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d think the Browns would be wise to fire their head coach after this one too. He’s coaching on borrowed time anyway and there were several dirty hits in this game by his team. Don’t see how they keep Kitchens.

It's sad that the Browns are such a dumpster fire. Their fans are great and passionate. They're loaded with talent. Yet, they just can't pull anything together. 

Just now, JDBrocks said:

IDK. He certainly deserves to be punished, but I find all of the media outrage sorta disingenuous... A guy playing a violent sport lost control in the heat of the moment and did something totally out of line. That should really be the end of it. Antonio Smith got a couple of games (preseason I think?) for something nearly identical.

I can't agree with this. What he did was beyond out of line. It was extremely dangerous and beyond the bounds of a violent sport. A football helmet swung by a man of Garrett's size and strength is a deadly weapon. A few inches, and Rudolph is in a coma or dead. That cant be condoned. Period. 

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

I can't agree with this. What he did was beyond out of line. It was extremely dangerous and beyond the bounds of a violent sport. A football helmet swung by a man of Garrett's size and strength is a deadly weapon. A few inches, and Rudolph is in a coma or dead. That cant be condoned. Period. 

I don't think it should be condoned. I said he should be punished. 

My complaint is the amount of attention that this is getting and all of the NFL pundits wringing their hands like this kind of stuff just doesn't happen in an intrinsically violent sport. A sport were players, in the same game no less, use their helmets as weapons during the course of the game. Meanwhile guys like Tyreek Hill roam the NFL freely.