• DeAndre Hopkins
    • TY Hilton
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Keenan Allen
    • Michael Thomas
    • Mike Evans
    • Another player that wasn't listed

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

This thread is on pace to beat the Kamara thread for worst thread on this site.

Haven’t been in that thread for some time but if it’s gotten as bad as this I have no reason to go there. I just stumbled back into this thread... this is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, I can’t believe the past few pages has been allowed to go this far without some warnings or bans or something. I’ve never seen anything like this here.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not to mention Brees' impending retirement. There is no way he maintains this pace.

That’s true. I still think he could dominate as long as he’s got an offensive genius calling the plays in Payton... (as an aside: it kind of makes me wonder what Payton could’ve done with someone like Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson).

I think Brees is a really good QB but I suppose I’ve never been quite convinced that Payton wasn’t the more important component to that offense. Kind of like how both Baker and Kyler were able to put up numbers in Riley’s system. No offense to either, but at some point it becomes more about the system/playcaller.

So I think without Brees, Thomas still eats, as Payton tends to put his top players in positions to succeed very consistently. But you’re right, not having a top cerebral option throwing you the ball will certainly impact Thomas ability to pace at an elite level. Because to decleat a record that has stood for such a long time it will require the margin for error to be razor slim.

A decent QB probably allows Thomas to eat, but there isn’t a guarantee defenses won’t be able to better figure out that QBs tendencies and stop him at a better rate than NFL teams with Brees. So that’s a good point for sure. Though perhaps if the Saints get a really good QB, we see more explosive plays from Thomas, so perhaps it could go either way. Will be interesting to see.

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

That’s true. I still think he could dominate as long as he’s got an offensive genius calling the plays in Payton... (as an aside: it kind of makes me wonder what Payton could’ve done with someone like Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson).

I think Brees is a really good QB but I suppose I’ve never been quite convinced that Payton wasn’t the more important component to that offense. Kind of like how both Baker and Kyler were able to put up numbers in Riley’s system. No offense to either, but at some point it becomes more about the system/playcaller.

So I think without Brees, Thomas still eats, as Payton tends to put his top players in positions to succeed very consistently. But you’re right, not having a top cerebral option throwing you the ball will certainly impact Thomas ability to pace at an elite level. Because to decleat a record that has stood for such a long time it will require the margin for error to be razor slim.

A decent QB probably allows Thomas to eat, but there isn’t a guarantee defenses won’t be able to better figure out that QBs tendencies and stop him at a better rate than NFL teams with Brees. So that’s a good point for sure. Though perhaps if the Saints get a really good QB, we see more explosive plays from Thomas, so perhaps it could go either way. Will be interesting to see.

Agreed. Though I feel like speaking on this point is blasphemy here.

21 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

What if Sean goes to Dallas? I still see Brees playing 2 more years depending his health. 

30 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

What if Sean goes to Dallas? I still see Brees playing 2 more years depending his health. 

Brees could hang them up either way after this season. He was pretty emotional after the Panthers' win, something that seemed very out of character. There does seem like there is a sense of urgency here, especially since Brady looks like he is falling off a cliff and is just a little bit over a year older than Brees.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:03 AM, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

No one is salty. You just saw your saints brother have a melt down and he couldn’t take it anymore lol. You’re the cause of it. You’re killing him. 

Man this lack of playoffs is making you lose touch. Hope for your sake the Rams aren't as bad next year.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Who said Thomas needs Brees?

Please don’t me have to lay everything out. Saying he can’t maintain the pace without Brees, I would love to see his production in the 5 games he was out and project over 16 games to see in fact if he can maintain the pace without Brees. Confused why I have to explain this 

16 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

can you post his adot please, and where it ranks? 

And just to expand on this, how many people view Derrick Henry as the best rb in the league. If you dont, why?

Love how weak this argument is. So you are going to cling to this 1 stat (that isn't all that important of a stat), and call it some sort of argument when Michael Thomas just set several records leading the league in most important stats for a WR during this historic season.

The Henry argument is laughable. I thought you realized this and backed off, but apparently not. Did Henry have a record breaking season? Has he had a record breaking start to his career through 4 years in several major statistical categories (which has been covered in this thread) like Michael Thomas has had?

• Like 1