Blessuan Austin

Abe56

Austin_3.jpgDamn this dude has been good at for his 1st two games in the NFL coming off two torn ACL’s, plus he just has that look and cockiness of a big time CB

If we can just get one more good CB, between him and Poole in the slot, we might be totally set in the secondary

He might of been total trash, but Macs last pick is looking like a total gem

Edited by Abe56

As a big RU fan I'll say the only reason he fell was due to injury.  When he was on the field he was ignored for large portions of games because of how good he was playing.  Teams stayed away from him and attacked other areas (and had success because of how awful they are).  Hope he can stay healthy because if he can he'll be a contributor.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope he’s a steal... but I’m over hyping up our mid/late round guys after just a few good games.

Yeah same. He’s looked like a competitor though so far. Tru and Roberts both had very very little fight in their game. Tru simply can’t play the position anymore he’s way too slow. Bless can move well and I like the aggression. Corner is very hard to play at this level after the rules completely favor the receiver, you want guys that can at least keep up and battle for a ball. Stay healthy and keep ballin.

A lot to feel good about here. He's played stellar football for 48 snaps in back-to-back weeks. He didn't play the final 12 snaps of the game, but it didn't appear to be injury or performance related. My guess is they just wanted to give Canady some work and in some ways "rewarded" Austin for his performance. 

We have to keep expectations in check because his injury history is a real thing, but so far looks like a 6th round steal. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

A lot to feel good about here. He's played stellar football for 48 snaps in back-to-back weeks. He didn't play the final 12 snaps of the game, but it didn't appear to be injury or performance related. My guess is they just wanted to give Canady some work and in some ways "rewarded" Austin for his performance. 

We have to keep expectations in check because his injury history is a real thing, but so far looks like a 6th round steal. 

Hopefully he can be one of those guys who goes through a bad injury spell and then puts it behind him. He played almost every game his first 2 years in college and then had back to back knee injuries. Hopefully the Jets med staff and trainers can figure out a good regiment for him and he can stay healthy. It's not like Dee Milliner who had a snake bitten career throughout college and had multiple injuries to different body parts. 

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If we take this version of Austin, who should get better as he plays more. With the best we’ve seen of Hairston, who’s been overall solid and Poole who’s been a very good Nickel then I would be okay pencilling that 3 in as our top 3 Corners heading into camp. 

Unless we see some type of crazy development from Harriston, there is no way he should be penciled in as a starter heading into camp - He was a healthy scratch last week with virtually zero competition on our depth chart - I think he's going to be viewed as a camp body fighting for a roster spot, nothing more. 

Austin is interesting because even if he does keep this up, his injury history is far too glaring to ignore. At the very least, we should look to bring in a viable replacement as injury insurance. I'd look for Douglas to prioritize depth/competition at CB similar to what the Eagles (Unsuccessfully) have done. 

Poole has been great, lock him up. 

31 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Unless we see some type of crazy development from Harriston, there is no way he should be penciled in as a starter heading into camp - He was a healthy scratch last week with virtually zero competition on our depth chart - I think he's going to be viewed as a camp body fighting for a roster spot, nothing more. 

Austin is interesting because even if he does keep this up, his injury history is far too glaring to ignore. At the very least, we should look to bring in a viable replacement as injury insurance. I'd look for Douglas to prioritize depth/competition at CB similar to what the Eagles (Unsuccessfully) have done. 

Poole has been great, lock him up. 

He wasn’t a healthy scratch and he’s been solid outside of last game. We can’t have faith in Austin in minimal snaps but not have some sort of faith in Hairston who’s been our best outside Corner by far