Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

On FD? OK, this is good if that's the case.  I asked earlier if there was much of a difference between books b/c w/ baseball, it's stupidly different in value so hoping they tend to be similar so I can still enjoy the app that provides the best end user experience to me rather than having to jump back and forth.

Actually just updated the post with Akers at 400 and Dobbins at 550

9 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not sure if people like to utilize cheat sheets but I find this person's to be helpful in other sports. My first season on gambling Twitter for the NFL so not sure of the value but still wanted to share.

Big take home message - use whatever tools you find helpful, but 95+ percent of your stakes should be single plays.   Parleys are OK if they're a small portion of your bet card.   I get it, the appeal of a 5-1, 10-1, 20-1 is awesome.  But the rush ppl get even when they hit - they start chasing it.  And reality is that even if you hit it 1x, overall it's a money-loser for 99% of public bettors.   

I say that as someone who will take free bets the books offer and use it for a 0.2U parley (this week they're offering super boosts to everyone instead of small free bets, so will pass this week) to hit a 5-leg or 6-leg on my player props or ATS/ML picks.   But I'm using the 0.5-1U in free bets vs. the 20-25U in single plays.   I get you heard this last year, but I'm repeating it again for the new crowd this year.  BOL!

• Like 2

I still live in CA where I can't do the sports betting, but like I've done in recent years I'm going to post some guys I have in DraftKings lineups because I'd assume there is some overlap between daily fantasy and prop bets.

QB: Joe Burrow
RB: Bijan Robinson
RB: Josh Jacobs
WR: Jamarr Chase
WR: Van Jefferson
WR: Tutu Atwell
TE: Luke Musgrave
FLEX: Miles Sanders
DST: Commanders

QB: Geno Smith
RB: Bijan Robinson
RB:  Jamaal Williams
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: DK Metcalf
WR:  Deandre Hopkins
FLEX: Tutu Atwell
DST:  Commanders

QB: Justin Herbert
RB:  Raheem Mostert
RB:  Brian Robinson Jr
WR: Justin Jefferson
WR: Keenan Allen
WR:  Mike Williams
FLEX: Jamaal Williams
DST:  Commanders

• Like 1

Juwan Johnson's yardage prop has risen from 26.5 to 28.5 on most books - I still think it's very playable.  DK hasn't put up alt lines, but FD finally did at 50+ rec yds +280 and 70+ rec yds at +680, so I took the 1U & 0.5U alt line (I’m already playing 2U on o26.5 Rec yds).  TEN's a bottom 5 TE D last year in yardage, and Juwan runs both short and seam routes, so chunk yardage is there.   I have him projected at 4/45, so the alt lines are too good to pass up at those odds.

Juwan's TD prop on FD went down (along with DK), then came back up (DK stayed down), so I'm going to go +320 / +3000 2+ TD's at 1.2U / 0.3U on FD.  I may regret this if the last-hour TD odds increase happens, but I think with news that Mark Andrews is out, while Isiaih Likely will get a lot of talk, Juwan's name is going to pop up a ton.

That's definitely it though, as I've now hit 30U for Sunday and 31U overall.   Ideally I'm somewhere between 20U-25U, but week 1 often provides more opps for value.   Entire Sunday card is update on my Page 304 - linked below.  BOL!

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

Sunday Plays: 

Jahan Dotson O43.5 Yards (1u) - don't see Terry being 100% & Arizona's secondary is terrible

Nico Collins O41.5 Yards (1u) - high O/U, I anticipate Nico being Stroud's #1, Baltimore's secondary is meh, & I think he could feasibly hit this on only 1 catch

Jordan Addison O40.5 Yards (1u) - yes please

Lamar Jackson O1.5 PTDs (1.5u) - I just love this play at +EV. High O/U & I think Baltimore comes out looking to prove the offense is different. 

Sam Howell O1.5 PTDs (1u) - Same logic as Dotson. Arizona's secondary is terrible & I think Howell comes out firing. 

Brock Purdy U30.5 Attempts (1u) - don't see them letting him uncork it first game back; he exceeded this total in only 2 starts last year

Bijan Robinson O69.5 Yards (1u) - just a feeling he goes over 100 yards game one 

Eagles -4 / Bengals -1.5 Parlay (0.5u) 

Lions +11.5 / Eagles +3 / Seahawks +2.5 / Ravens -2 / Commanders PK / Vikings +2 Teaser (1u) 

Season-Long Plays: (very similar themes to the above plays) 

Bijan Robinson OROY (1.5u) - don't see Bryce or Stroud or ARich winning it with their WRs and Gibbs with his usage

Christian Kirk O70.5 Catches (1u) - both of the Jags top WRs recorded 80+ catches last season 

Calvin Ridley O72.5 Catches (1u) - same logic as above

Jahan Dotson O47.5 Catches (1.5u) - I think there's a non-zero chance he outproduces Terry this season 

Diontae Johnson O82.5 Catches (1u) - this number is crazy to me; he's beat this number every year since his rookie season & the offense should be ascending

Michael Pittman O72.5 Catches (1.5u) - again, crazy; he had 99 catches last season with terrible QB play & 88 the year before that

Jordan Addison O675.5 Yards (1u) - top rookies have easily been clearing this number in recent seasons + he's on a top passing volume offense 

Keenan Allen O86.5 Catches (1u) - the only fear here (as with most season-longs) is health, but I think Keenan is primed for a massive season

Nico Collins O600.5 Yards (1u) - like I said, I see him being Stroud's clear #1

Dameion Pierce O5.5 RTDs (1.5u) - 4 last year, much better offense this year, setup for a huge workload 

David Montgomery O5.5 RTDs (1.5u) - already got one Thursday night, only need 5 more across 16 games 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

New offense but always seems like the offense comes out blazing

I agree! And that is the basis of most of what I am playing in the morning 

Calvin ridley over 62.5 rec yards - colts corners are inexperienced and they will look to get him involved early. He has a real special connection with Lawrence. 

Ravens team total over 27 - DeMeco is great but this should be the Baltimore offense's coming out party. I think they want to make this a statement game. Lamar about to go ham. 27 isn't a lot. 

JK dobbins over 62 rush yards - ravens should have the lead, and I like the rush prop of heavy favorites

Lamar over 225 passing yards. LIS it's a statement game. I like the big play ability of zay and Bateman. Feels like one of them is going to have a long TD. 

Nico Collins over 41 rec yards - ravens secondary is banged up. That is where they are vulnerable. Texans should be losing. CJ Stroud throws dots. Nico is a huge target. I like him to get 8+ targets and 41 yards shouldn't be hard 

Ravens -3/over 37 teaser 

I can't help but like the patriots. That defense is legit, one of the best fronts in football. Bill will have something ready for hurts. I expect a low scoring game. I will do a teaser of 50% of the ravens teaser on the pats +10/under 51

I'm sure I'll have more for the afternoon later. 

• Like 1