Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

I like SF to handle business on SNF. Last time GB came out to LA they got stomped by the Chargers. In that game GB struggled vs the run and couldn't pass protect at all. Which is exactly what the Niners do best.

I also like the DEN money line @BUF. I don't think BUF is as good as their records indicates and I don't think DEN is as bad as their record indicates.

Right now I have this parlayed:

CLE -2.5

PIT -2.5

BAL -2.5

ATL -2.5

TEN -2.5

DEN ML

SF -2.5

NYJ +3

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

What is there that is non sensical?  In a neutral site, BAL - 6, at BAL, BAL - 9.

Looks Ok to me. It might be a bit high due Jackson mania right now.

I just feel like the Rams haven't done anything to earn that line, and the Ravens have looked like one of the better teams in football. I would expect BAL to be favored by -6.5 at least; even on the road. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a blowout.

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I just feel like the Rams haven't done anything to earn that line, and the Ravens have looked like one of the better teams in football. I would expect BAL to be favored by -6.5 at least; even on the road. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a blowout.

If the Rams got -6.5 at home I would empty my savings lol the Book is just smarter than the average person. Game will be closer than people think. Lamar hype at all time high, but Books don't pay attention to that. 

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Can someone explain the BAL@LAR line to me (-3)? It makes no sense. Something is up there.

Vegas still respects the Rams. I think the disrespect for the Rams by others is insane. They are (6-4) same record as the Cowboys. The Texans and the Chiefs both have the same amount of losses as the Rams. The Rams are literally a Zeurlein FG make away from having the same record as the Seahawks. Plus if you look at the Ravens, they have only played one legit defense. It was the Patriots and in that game the Ravens was at home coming off a BYE so they had two weeks to prepare. The two really good defenses the Ravens played with no extra time to prepare was the Browns and they were held to 25pts and got beat by 15pts. Then the Steelers whom it took OT for the Ravens to beat by 3pts and the Steelers held them to 26pts. The Rams defense is the best defense the Ravens will have played all season long outside of the Patriots and they wont be at home coming off a BYE. Since the Rams acquired Ramsey, they have been an elite defense all around and best in terms of points per game allowed only allowing 11.4ppg. What the Rams do best is stop the run. They are 5th in the NFL in stopping the run. The last team to come in LA with the best rushing offense was the Niners who was averaging 200yds rushing per game. The Rams held them to 99yds rushing on 44 rushing attempts. The Rams held the Niners to 20pts. So yes the Ravens are playing great. Lamar is a strong MVP candidate. I think people perception of the Ravens and Rams have alot to do with the thinking of the Rams going to get destroyed. The smart people will say its going to be a close competitive game that could go either way. Then Ill throw this out there. Last week against the Bears was the first time the Rams decide to give Gurley a heavy workload. He had 25 touches. The Rams are hard to beat when Gurley touches the ball 20+ times. So if the Rams come into this game saying they are going to feed Gurley heavily with getting Cooks back and possibly Woods then you still have Kupp, like no way this game is going to be dominated by the Ravens.

Edited by stl4life07

10 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Since the Rams acquired Ramsey, they have been an elite defense all around and best in terms of points per game allowed only allowing 11.4ppg. 

I do think the Rams defense is very good, but this isn’t all that impressive considering their opponents since Ramsey joined have been the Falcons, Bengals, Steelers and Bears. That’s three of the leagues worst offenses.

I appreciate you taking the time to write up that lengthy response, but I still don’t really buy the Rams. They’ve underachieved this season, have lost to some very average teams, and Goff has struggled from what I’ve seen. The offensive line is still a mess, and teams with good lineman like Baltimore will take advantage of that. Baltimore on the other hand is the hottest team in football and looking like a legitimate Super Bowl contender. They made quick work of a very good New England side and have been tearing through the teams they should beat. Their defense is also coming into it’s own as well, ironically enough, with the addition of Marcus Peters. 

It’ll be an interesting game for sure. I still think the Rams have time to turn it around, but it would be tough to convince me to take them in this one. 

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I do think the Rams defense is very good, but this isn’t all that impressive considering their opponents since Ramsey joined have been the Falcons, Bengals, Steelers and Bears. That’s three of the leagues worst offenses.

I appreciate you taking the time to write up that lengthy response, but I still don’t really buy the Rams. They’ve underachieved this season, have lost to some very average teams, and Goff has struggled from what I’ve seen. The offensive line is still a mess, and teams with good lineman like Baltimore will take advantage of that. Baltimore on the other hand is the hottest team in football and looking like a legitimate Super Bowl contender. They made quick work of a very good New England side and have been tearing through the teams they should beat. Their defense is also coming into it’s own as well, ironically enough, with the addition of Marcus Peters. 

It’ll be an interesting game for sure. I still think the Rams have time to turn it around, but it would be tough to convince me to take them in this one. 

What do you care? Are you betting? No? Then don’t let it bother you. Jesus Christ. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

We shall see. This game is going to be a big one for both teams. The one thing the Ravens dont want is for the Patriots to get HFA because as great as Lamar is playing he dont want to see the Patriots again but this time in New England. Obviously if Rams win this game their playoff chances go up.

As a Ravens' fan I predict the Rams will beat us. I think it's a good matchup for the Rams. The weak spot of the Ravens offensive is the interior offensive line, and the Rams have Aaron Donald. On the other side of the ball, the Ravens defense is super blitz heavy and dependent on coverage sacks that take time. The Rams going up-tempo with 11 personnel and throwing quick passes can help them break through. 

From an intangible side, it's a west coast night game and the Rams are probably a little more motivated for a win (although the inter-conference nature makes it less of big game for both teams). The Rams are also a lot more used to prime-time games since the schedule makers decided Lamar wouldn't be good enough to feature to a national audience. I'd pick the Rams and the Under.