The "If Gamestop was open I'd buy Madden right now" Post-Game Commiseration Extravaganza with lots of cursing at Aaron Idiot Rodgers who Screwed us from the very beginning and kept on screwing us because he can't ever throw an interception God forbid he

MacReady

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Can't you all stop complaining?

How many of you thought we would be EIGHT AND THREE and in first place??

We are 8-3 right now but what good is it when you perform like that on national television?   It was pretty pitiful and embarrassing.  Gute has a lot of work to do before we can entertain the notion that this squad is a serious playoff contender.   We have some serious holes that need to be filled, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

This turned out to be the case.

I think Sheppard was their guy. If not mistaken, they didnt get rid of Davis till Sheppard was alive and kicking from his injuries. I think thats the case.....and Sheppard was a really bad talent evaluation.

I mean that was the plan but I don't think it was one even beforehand (I'm on the record BEFORE he did returns somewhere on this site) that it was a pretty crappy plan. Here's a guy who was a tryout player and an average PR in FCS. Yeah it might work out but it wasn't like he was accomplished. There was zero accomplished returners, minus I guess Tramon?

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

We should have traded 5th Down.  All jokes about him aside, I think when it comes to chances of winning another Super Bowl, his faults outweigh his strengths.  Saying that now is like saying we should move on from Favre in 2004 probably, but we should have.  We should have. 

If you don't agree with that, how is anybody going to disagree with the following statement:

We should have made Rodgers play out the final two years of his contract before re-signing him.  He would be a free agent heading into this coming offseason right now if we had waited.  Think of how much we could have saved if he'd played like he's played the past two seasons. 

You have tooted this horn about your disdain for Rodgers for a while now but if you think HE was the problem tonight I don't know what to say to you.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

We are 8-3 right now but what good is it when you perform like that on national television?   It was pretty pitiful and embarrassing.  Gute has a lot of work to do before we can entertain the notion that this squad is a serious playoff contender.   We have some serious holes that need to be filled, that's for sure.

That post was sarcasm. When I (and others) pointed out flaws when we were undefeated everyone told me that I couldn't complain about flaws because of our record and I've never let it go.

• Like 1

Just now, Pugger said:

I agree with you Pugger that much work still needs to be done Pugger.

But the sad truth is that Gute has already done a lot of work, getting rid of so much of the dead weight he inherited and signing FAs like GB hasn't done for 15 years, and still glaring holes remain.

I predict its gonna be another interesting offseason in Green Bay.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

My hot take is not hot it is room temperate and right.  I hate football.  I would pay someone 1,000 dollars if they could Eternal Sunshine football from my life. 

Why do we watch football 2$-5 i/ the point?  Where do we come from?  Why are we here?  

Did you mainline a bottle of vodka?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Problem is that guy can be Aaron Jones, and he has been his security blanket for many games this year. LaFleur and him need to get him involved again in the passing game. I also just refuse to believe we can't make it work with guys like Lazard and MVS as our true WR2. I also feel like we've gone way way away from MVS. Kumerow and GMO are getting snaps over him. Its a disappointment Graham didn't turn into his Jordy, Even though I think Jimmy is playing better.

Rodgers just needs to do less and get the ball out of his hands, like you said short and easy stuff, it feels like when he starts hitting those he gets his mojo back in games.

Was he ever this trust driven back in the day? Did having guys like Jennings/Jordy/Driver/JJ/Cobb/ for so many years make him like this?

Unfortunately outside of Adams and A. Jones we don't have the quality receivers we once had back in the day.  If the line sucks and the receivers don't get open what in the hell can Rodgers really do when he is running for his life all night long?

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You have tooted this horn about your disdain for Rodgers for a while now but if you think HE was the problem tonight I don't know what to say to you.

I mean it pretty clearly was.  If your $30 million QB can't hit a ten yard out uncovered with no pressure, you aren't winning anything, end of story.  The guy with the biggest gulf between his pay and play is Rodgers, and on top of that he's playing the game's most important position.  There are other flaws with this roster, but if your QB is playing like this I'm not sure how much they matter.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

I mean that was the plan but I don't think it was one even beforehand (I'm on the record BEFORE he did returns somewhere on this site) that it was a pretty crappy plan. Here's a guy who was a tryout player and an average PR in FCS. Yeah it might work out but it wasn't like he was accomplished. There was zero accomplished returners, minus I guess Tramon?

Hey.....I liked Davis handling returns. Anything he could muster at WR would have been a bonus. I didnt see the trade coming. Didnt think it necessary and figured they were figuring on Sheppard. If so - that plan fell apart pretty much from the get go.

Not handled well IMO.

I dont think the EQ matter was handled well either - but it is what it is at this stage - and our PR/KR games are nonexistent.

4 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Lol I was in the stand so I must have missed it. The only one I remembered was the deep one out of the back of the end zone. Feels like his targets have fallen off a cliff

Did you stay until the end (of the first half)?

Just now, Leader said:

Hey.....I liked Davis handling returns. Anything he could muster at WR would have been a bonus. I didnt see the trade coming. Didnt think it necessary and figured they were figuring on Sheppard. If so - that plan fell apart pretty much from the get go.

Not handled well IMO.

I dont think the EQ matter was handled well either - but it is what it is at this stage - and our PR/KR games are nonexistent.

Smith looks like he can at least field them. I didn't trust Shep to do that so at least we have that going.

I said this today but I think Gute knew we weren't good enough yet and was waiting for near year. It's tinfoil hat but it makes more sense lately. Who knows. Teams have looked like they had little chance at this point and won SBs plenty of times.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Smith looks like he can at least field them. I didn't trust Shep to do that so at least we have that going.

I said this today but I think Gute knew we weren't good enough yet and was waiting for near year. It's tinfoil hat but it makes more sense lately. Who knows. Teams have looked like they had little chance at this point and won SBs plenty of times.

I dont know other than we waited two weeks - anticipating this game and what it represented - only to get handled.

Not even close. Didnt need to get on the plane.

Thats two games within a few weeks.

Thats not good. Cant cut it any other way. Thats not good.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Sheppard played scared IMO.

He was tentative. Made bad decisions. Was falling down.

The real season real game speed with the top athletes on the field was way too fast for him.

• Like 1