The "If Gamestop was open I'd buy Madden right now" Post-Game Commiseration Extravaganza with lots of cursing at Aaron Idiot Rodgers who Screwed us from the very beginning and kept on screwing us because he can't ever throw an interception God forbid he

MacReady

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Oops.  I called 5th Down something else on accident.  I’ve been drinking too much.

After watching just one quarter of that game, I can tell you with 100% certainty that you could not have drank "too much".

About the only takeaway that I could muster was this....  If you want to win in the NFL, draft DL high and draft them often.  You get a good enough DL, you can get by with average corners playing a zone defense.  To me, that was the difference in the game.  Their DL manhandled us.  It was really that simple.

I feel for the 9ers fans having to listen to everyone saying "let's wait until they play someone" lol

Jimmy G will hold them back from what they could be, but that's a damn good team. 

We are not ready. So much promise this year, but in January how are we going to move the ball if our receivers can't get open and they sell out against the run? 

I mean Rodgers was not good yesterday but we had the following happen before the game got out of hand:

1. Phantom penalty that caused the loss of a drive

2. Two dropped passes that ended drives. 

Sometimes things just don't go your way and they avalanche. The Vikings were in the same position last week against a crappy Broncos team. The difference is the Broncos are crappy while the 49ers are actually good. 

Rodgers needs to get back to using Jones in the passing game. The dude can take over games and since Adams has come back we are right back to throwing 30 yard fly routes to a covered Adams every other drive. Even worse is over half of those aren't even catchable.  Plus are fly routes really the best use of Davante Adams? I always thought of him as more of a possession receiver with elite get off and route running. Not necessarily a burner who is going to run past a corner. 

The defense did its job today but just got gassed by the 2nd half. That's what happens when your offense cannot get a 1st down or sustain any drives at all.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Some point out the fatal flaws because we've been down the one and done road enough times to know it when we see it. While a couple of possible wins against the Giants and Redskins might be fun to watch, I think it's pretty fair to say that we aren't really much of a threat to do any real damage in the playoffs. Punches to the face are never fun to absorb even when taking the time to realize that this seasons expectations have probably been exceeded.

None of us if we are honest with ourselves ever thought we'd be tied for the division lead at this point of the season.  To have this kind of success this soon is rather encouraging.  It is no fun to witness a mess like we did last night but if we can fix some of these issues this coming offseason 2020 should be even more promising.  

58 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I mean Rodgers was not good yesterday but we had the following happen before the game got out of hand:

1. Phantom penalty that caused the loss of a drive

2. Two dropped passes that ended drives. 

Sometimes things just don't go your way and they avalanche. The Vikings were in the same position last week against a crappy Broncos team. The difference is the Broncos are crappy while the 49ers are actually good. 

Rodgers needs to get back to using Jones in the passing game. The dude can take over games and since Adams has come back we are right back to throwing 30 yard fly routes to a covered Adams every other drive. Even worse is over half of those aren't even catchable.  Plus are fly routes really the best use of Davante Adams? I always thought of him as more of a possession receiver with elite get off and route running. Not necessarily a burner who is going to run past a corner. 

The defense did its job today but just got gassed by the 2nd half. That's what happens when your offense cannot get a 1st down or sustain any drives at all.   

Yes.  The tone was set early with Linsley getting his *** handed to him.  Pressure up the middle will kill '5th Down' more than anything else.  Linsley's play was a huge disappointment.  Then Bulaga limped off the field.  It realistically was over at that point.  I hate to have to agree with outpost, but '5th Down' had people open and he just can't/won't throw over the middle.  Light didn't play terrible after he got his feet under him,  but we got punched in the face on national TV AGAIN.

Going forward, our only chance to improve rests solely on '5th Down's' shoulders.  Our defense is what it is, lot's of pressure giving up lot's of big plays.  We need to keep them off the field as much as possible.  So.....Mr. Rodgers....1-2-3-throw. 1-2-3-throw.  Got it?

p.S.- JK Scott- WTF happened to you.  Have you been Menengasized?

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

After watching just one quarter of that game, I can tell you with 100% certainty that you could not have drank "too much".

About the only takeaway that I could muster was this....  If you want to win in the NFL, draft DL high and draft them often.  You get a good enough DL, you can get by with average corners playing a zone defense.  To me, that was the difference in the game.  Their DL manhandled us.  It was really that simple.

But you also have to be bad enough to draft high.

49ers were dog dirt last year.  That is how you get a Bosa.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I feel like every target he gets is 1.5 yards downfield and he gets tackled immediately

Which really doesn't fit what he does at all.  I think Trevor Davis or EQ fit very well in this offense.  Allison is playing hard, but not succeeding.  The drops aren't helping his case either, but even if he caught everything, we would see a lot of really short gains because we are asking him to do things that he is not good at.  It is like using a screwdriver as a hammer.  Sure it works, but not very well.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

True story.  And sadly, it's too late to tank the season for a high draft pick, so we'll pick somewhere around 25 again this year and hope to God it's a winner.

9 hours ago, Striker said:

Well, some of that "crap management" still managed to win a Super Bowl and field two more teams that contended so...

Why can't Rodgers shoulder some of the blame? He's the face of the franchise and plays the most important position in the game. If he's not playing up to the $$, he should get some criticism. Honestly, this reads just like the defenses of Favre every time he imploded in big games. Always someone else to blame EXCEPT the QB.

I want to like this twice.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It's even easier when you're garbage for an extended period of time and then your last four drafts have you drafting at 2 (Nick Bosa), 9 (Mike McGlinchey), 3 (Solomon Thomas), and 7 (DeForest Buckner).

• Like 1