The "If Gamestop was open I'd buy Madden right now" Post-Game Commiseration Extravaganza with lots of cursing at Aaron Idiot Rodgers who Screwed us from the very beginning and kept on screwing us because he can't ever throw an interception God forbid he

MacReady

They really should be 6-5. Dallas game turned early on that Cooper flub that landed in Alexander's hands. Cowboys go up and probably run away with that game, especially if our running game was minimized by a trailing deficit. Detroit game was an utter display of incompetence by the referees as we all know. 

Edited by Howler

Just now, YaddaHolla said:

You are right coach sorry. As a coach you probably know a little about what he’s going through I assume.

Accepted ... he did indeed look like a deer in the headlights and yes ... it really sucks not really knowing what the hell is going on.  That comes with experience and age.

• Like 1

“We played a lot of man-to-man. (Defensive coordinator Robert) Saleh called a lot of man-to-man today and we felt like that was the plan to try and stop the run and stop Aaron Jones,” Sherman said after the 37-8 win on Sunday night, per the 49ers.

Great group of wrs you have there. Now the opposing defensive coordinators are basically gloating.

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

They really should be 6-5. Dallas game turned early on that Cooper flub that landed in Alexander's hands. Cowboys go up and probably run away with that game, especially if our running game was minimized by a trailing deficit. Detroit gamet was an utter display of incompetence by the referees as we all know. 

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.  Shoulda woulda ... don't make excuses for this and that.  There are plays every frickin game that determine the outcome.  To cherry pick certain ones and not mention others is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.  Shoulda woulda ... don't make excuses for this and that.  There are plays every frickin game that determine the outcome.  To cherry pick certain ones and not mention others is ridiculous.

True. But these clues give a greater explanation to the true state of the team. Top teams don't get dominated like that twice in 3 weeks. The signs were there to see a few weeks earlier.

Edited by Howler

Just now, Howler said:

True. But these clues give a greater explanation to the true state of the team. Top teams don't get dominated like that twice in 3 weeks.

Those "clues" for Dallas and Detroit had nothing to do with getting waxed by 49ers who were a much superior team.  8-3 however you get there is a pretty nice place to be regardless how they got there.  Learn and move on.    

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Those "clues" for Dallas and Detroit had nothing to do with getting waxed by 49ers who were a much superior team.  8-3 however you get there is a pretty nice place to be regardless how they got there.  Learn and move on.    

Problem is that they were similarly dismissed by a non-playoff team like the chargers. Chargers dominated that game as well. Yesterday was not an aberration.

Edited by Howler

45 minutes ago, Howler said:

Problem is that they were similarly dismissed by a non-playoff team like the chargers. Chargers dominated that game as well. Yesterday was not an aberration.

Yeah, there was a pattern there:  both games on the road, both games out west.  So what?  Yesterday they lost to probably the best team in the NFC on their home turf.  Yup they got their cans kicked.   A problem would be if they were getting toasted at home.  Many a team hasn't played well on the road and I bet that trend will probably continue for years to come.  It's a 1st year coach learning the ropes on the fly.  Time and experience will hopefully keep these "problems" to a minimum.

ARI gave SF all they could handle two of the past three weeks.  GB didn't look like they belonged on the same field as their opponent two of the past three weeks.  The soft remaining schedule should see GB into the playoffs, but this team is not a real contender. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

ARI gave SF all they could handle two of the past three weeks.  GB didn't look like they belonged on the same field as their opponent two of the past three weeks.  The soft remaining schedule should see GB into the playoffs, but this team is not a real contender. 

Getting into the playoffs is a hell of a lot better than anybody every thought when the season started!  The soft schedule is due to the very tough front part of the schedule ... it all evens out.  Time will tell if they are a contender or not ... right now is questionable ... down the road who the heck knows.

1 hour ago, Howler said:

Even the best Packers teams have struggled against the same gameplan the 49ers utilized last night. Dominant DL and flood the secondary with guys. The Chiefs did it in '11. The Bills in 2014. The Giants in 2007 and 2011. The Seahawks on a routine basis.

It's been the Packers and, particularly, Aaron Rodgers' kryptonite. If they want to sniff another SB with Aaron they either need a defense that can carry the load or get lucky that these teams get knocked out early.

• Like 1

we played a real good team with a lot of early 1st rounds picks on that defensive line. We moved on from TT too late, and are on year two of a roster purge. Yet we are still 8-3. There are a lot of ups and downs, and there is still a lot of football to play. We got our teeth knocked in, and really never looked good at all. That being said it's over now. The 49'ers have a crazy schedule to play, and ours... well if this team can bounce back our big one is again Minny (where we have never won). I guess you can choose how you want to look at this team, this season, this game, and the remaining year. I think there has been progress, but we aren't there yet. Seeding isn't decided, and from what I heard from 12 the locker room response was not of a team who is about to quit. This may not be a Superbowl year, but it isn't over yet, and I really like this locker room. I look forward to seeing how this team responds. 

• Like 1

1PjVlOM.png

Lewis wide the hell open for a first down? Hell no, I've got a covered Davante Adams that I can overthrow by 5 yards!

Qkx1f8d.png

It's my #1 receiver wide open over the middle for a first down? Can't stand and deliver, goes into the fetal position and takes the sack. Quick release my ***.

NQqAOxV.png

More Lewis wide the hell open over the middle? Another bad deep ball to Davante Adams!!!

NnVIy1Y.png

A first down? By throwing over the middle? Don't you know that Geronimo Allison dropped a ball over the middle that was almost intercepted??? We're never doing that again.

3nim3o4.png

Lazard absolutely humiliated Sherman off the line here. This ended up in a checkdown for a gain of 3.

lltTC2K.png

Lazard running away from a Linebacker? Better take a couple of jog steps to make 10,000% sure he's clear enough that I can throw this ball without risk of a pick. What? He's too close to the sideline now? Damn, oh well, at least it's not a pick.

PrHKAUt.png

Time to show off the rocket arm and throw a late breaking route to the outside for a first down? Nope, time to checkdown.

o1nB4Zb.png

It was 4th and 8. The 20 yard line was the first down. If you think Rodgers stared at Davante right up until he felt pressure and then surrendered on the play, you bet your *** he did. 

• Like 2