The "If Gamestop was open I'd buy Madden right now" Post-Game Commiseration Extravaganza with lots of cursing at Aaron Idiot Rodgers who Screwed us from the very beginning and kept on screwing us because he can't ever throw an interception God forbid he

MacReady

22 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Are we ignoring Jones, or is the defense taking him away?

At this point, if any team not tanking is putting in a game plan accounts for him.

They didn’t get him involved in the passing game at all last night. Like scheme it up. I get it, we run kyle’s playbook, so he knows what to look for and tells his defense. But still I feel like they could of done more.

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

Yeah exactly, it's one of those things where whether it's related or not it exercerbates the problem the same way regardless.  He's wildly inconsistent deep, afraid to throw over the middle, and fears getting hit as he throws.  I do think his fear of throwing INTs plays into it more than I let on above; how many times has Rodgers managed to escape the pocket, rolls right, then just throws it away because he can't find anyone.  I get that people probably aren't super open, but at the same token at least give your receivers a damn chance.  How often did we see him fit a ball into a guy who straight wasn't open?  Remember that time James Jones caught a pass against the Saints he couldn't even see because Rodgers literally threw it into the crook of his arm?  When was the last time he tried a throw like that?  Oh right, twice against the Chiefs when Adams was out.  Last night, where was the player who threw that ridiculous attempt to Williams in the back of the end zone?  Where was the guy who felt he could just throw it up to Kumerow as he's being dragged down?  What is it about his security blankets that causes him to lose all faith in every other player on the field?

I realize I'm just ranting at this point, but I can't seem to stop myself.

Once last night.  He nailed Graham with a ball that Graham should have hung onto.  About 25-30 yds.  But that was the only one last night.

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Play action team that doesn't throw over the middle when they bait the LBs up remains a bizarre *** concept to me.

This!!!  We watch teams carve us up over the middle, but we do NOT respond in kind.  There are opportunities running free with green and white jerseys on.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I mean, MLF used to love the deep dig route in Tennessee.  It's one of the main concepts they ran, but maybe that was because Mariota liked the concept.

Seems like a Rodgers thing to me.

When finley used to run the slant/flat with jennings et al, every once in a while he would run that angle route and come back for a quick hitter moving up the field rather than across it.  I haven't seen rodgers attempt that throw in a long time.

Rodgers does not like throwing over the middle.  Might have been the Finley injury in 2013 that reinforced that home.  

My guess is that the playbook has those plays and concepts as options, but when MLF and Rodgers go over a fine tuned game plan of plays Rodgers likes, those fall to the bottom of the preferred list.  

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Not entirely true. SF had everything go right for them last night. The game started horribly with a dumb penalty by 17 that ruined a drive followed by a fumble that gave SF the ball at the 2 yard line. We then had a chance to make it a game down 10-0 on a 4th down and simply didn't execute on the OL and got stuffed. A 10-7 game right there changes the rest of the game. 

On the other hand, GB simply may not be a SB caliber team. We still have some big weaknesses on the team, notably at ILB, DL, WR and TE. But, assuming we get one loss from MN against SEA (which should happen), we are still the odds-on favorite to win the North which guarantees us a home playoff game, and hopefully at worst, a trip to the divisional round. From there, anything can happen on any given Sunday. 

There's no such thing as a super-bowl calibre team. Any team that makes the playoffs, can go on a run and win the super-bowl. We didn't look a super-bowl calibre team last time we won the thing. We aren't and shouldn't be favourites but we will be in there and will at least have a shot.

This was basically a day that everything went wrong. We aren't a team that should be playing from behind - we don't have a high powered offence - to beat a side like the 49ers, we have to start well, stay solid and get the breaks - a lot would have to happen for us to do it but on another Sunday it might do.

The Rodgers stuff is getting ridiculous. Like most players, he had a bit of a shocker, get over it.  Anyone thinking he is the problem would get a heck of a shock when you stick someone else in. The offence needs a heavy makeover this off-season. All of the premium picks needs be going on offence. Stop pratting around and give him some weapons if you are going to demand elite results.

Regardless of the severity of the injury, assuming that there is nobody still in the 'give Bulaga a big deal camp'. If he checks out medically in the off-season, I don't mind a one-year contract on good pay but he probably needs to retire.

Sick of the holes on defence. No matter how many picks we throw at it, how many expensive free agents, still seems to be a mess. Get rid of Pettine and bring in someone who can utilise what we've got. The receivers have got weaker and weaker every year but people whinge when the passing game looks less effective (like what did they think was going to happen) whereas on defence the answer is more top picks, more free agents. 

4 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

i guess well see but i will not be surprised in the slightest if they drop the Giants game next week. they are not as bad of a team as their record indicates and they will be at home. 

You are now tied for the Debbie Downer overreaction award. 

4 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

There's no such thing as a super-bowl calibre team. Any team that makes the playoffs, can go on a run and win the super-bowl. We didn't look a super-bowl calibre team last time we won the thing. We aren't and shouldn't be favourites but we will be in there and will at least have a shot.

This was basically a day that everything went wrong. We aren't a team that should be playing from behind - we don't have a high powered offence - to beat a side like the 49ers, we have to start well, stay solid and get the breaks - a lot would have to happen for us to do it but on another Sunday it might do.

The Rodgers stuff is getting ridiculous. Like most players, he had a bit of a shocker, get over it.  Anyone thinking he is the problem would get a heck of a shock when you stick someone else in. The offence needs a heavy makeover this off-season. All of the premium picks needs be going on offence. Stop pratting around and give him some weapons if you are going to demand elite results.

Regardless of the severity of the injury, assuming that there is nobody still in the 'give Bulaga a big deal camp'. If he checks out medically in the off-season, I don't mind a one-year contract on good pay but he probably needs to retire.

Sick of the holes on defence. No matter how many picks we throw at it, how many expensive free agents, still seems to be a mess. Get rid of Pettine and bring in someone who can utilise what we've got. The receivers have got weaker and weaker every year but people whinge when the passing game looks less effective (like what did they think was going to happen) whereas on defence the answer is more top picks, more free agents. 

Rodgers has an elite line, an elite number 1 receiver, an elite running back, and a passable TE and 3rd receiver. If the only weakness an offense has is the#2 WR, and the QB can't make it work with two different coaches and two different schemes, you don't have a roster problem, you have a QB problem.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers has an elite line, an elite number 1 receiver, an elite running back, and a passable TE and 3rd receiver. If the only weakness an offense has is the#2 WR, and the QB can't make it work with two different coaches and two different schemes, you don't have a roster problem, you have a QB problem.

After last night's showing our line is not elite, they are touch above average. Adams is not elite, he's maybe in top 10-15. TE and 3rd receiver barely adequate.  Qb has to get rid of ball, playing has to be better along with the coaching.  This team is still rebuilding a depleted roster and still experencing growing pains from a year 1 coaching staff. Can it, should it get/be better ... absolutely. Let's hope they get their crap together and finish strong!

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

After last night's showing our line is not elite, they are touch above average. Adams is not elite, he's maybe in top 10-15. TE and 3rd receiver barely adequate.  Qb has to get rid of ball, playing has to be better along with the coaching.  This team is still rebuilding a depleted roster and still experencing growing pains from a year 1 coaching staff. Can it, should it get/be better ... absolutely. Let's hope they get their crap together and finish strong!

Will we be applying the same criteria to Rodgers and declaring him the worst starting QB in the league?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Will we be applying the same criteria to Rodgers and declaring him the worst starting QB in the league?

Nope and you know that isnt true.  But as I stated, he's got to hit the open guy and get rid of the ball like when Adams was hurt.  If he doesn't, his legacy will suffer for it.  Time for him to Brady time his career!!

45 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think our biggest issue is our Oline is not as good as we think it is. Bhak has not been the same and I wonder if he will earn a third contract here. Bulaga has been okay as well but not brilliant. Yesterday Lindsey was very poor. Overall as a group they seem okay but when against premier pass rushers and front four that can generate pressure they don't hold up well. That was the tale at LAC as well. Our defence is good enough to win when our offence plays well. It is not strong enough to win a game on its own.

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I think our biggest issue is our Oline is not as good as we think it is. Bhak has not been the same and I wonder if he will earn a third contract here. Bulaga has been okay as well but not brilliant. Yesterday Lindsey was very poor. Overall as a group they seem okay but when against premier pass rushers and front four that can generate pressure they don't hold up well. That was the tale at LAC as well. Our defence is good enough to win when our offence plays well. It is not strong enough to win a game on its own.

He's 28 and is having a down year. With the state of OL in the NFL right now, he'll get paid again.

Another guard opposite Jenkins would be great. As is the next RT.

Edited by Striker

25 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Nope and you know that isnt true.  But as I stated, he's got to hit the open guy and get rid of the ball like when Adams was hurt.  If he doesn't, his legacy will suffer for it.  Time for him to Brady time his career!!

Brady has never had to "Brady time" his own career. Hes never looked as bad as Aaron has these last two seasons. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers does not like throwing over the middle.  Might have been the Finley injury in 2013 that reinforced that home.  

My guess is that the playbook has those plays and concepts as options, but when MLF and Rodgers go over a fine tuned game plan of plays Rodgers likes, those fall to the bottom of the preferred list.  

Doubt it’s that because he’s thrown Allison and a few others into being absolutely demolished a couple times this season. I think it’s more likely his INT aversion.