The "If Gamestop was open I'd buy Madden right now" Post-Game Commiseration Extravaganza with lots of cursing at Aaron Idiot Rodgers who Screwed us from the very beginning and kept on screwing us because he can't ever throw an interception God forbid he

MacReady

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Matke LaFlarthy loves those 2.1 yard passes to receivers/tight ends who have the NFL speed equivalent of a turtle with two legs and a 5 pound weight on its back.  

Remember when McCarthy did the same thing with Richard Rodgers?  Lol.  100% sure it’s a play Rodgers likes and that’s why it’s still in our offense.

It's normal to have that little dump-off safety valve.

...it just shouldn't be your first read/play choice. Especially when they know it's coming.

4 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Dude you're acting like a troll.

Brian had PLENTY of money to spend on WRs this off-season and HE DIDNT. He had plenty of options to draft a WR and HE DIDNT.

So don't blame this on Rodgers' contract. Blame this on crap management that Packers have had ever since Holmgren left.

Until that Dumb and Dumber look a like Mark Murphy leaves as CEO, this franchise will underperform. He is like Jerry Jones to us. Till Jerry dies, Cowboys aint winning a championship. Mark Murphy got lucky with catching A-Rod and stacked WR core.

Hell yeah. Get em. 

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I agree with you Pugger that much work still needs to be done Pugger.

But the sad truth is that Gute has already done a lot of work, getting rid of so much of the dead weight he inherited and signing FAs like GB hasn't done for 15 years, and still glaring holes remain.

I predict its gonna be another interesting offseason in Green Bay.

tbh, I think this team is over performing this year. They can spend some money this offseason to help the DL/OL and draft a WR or two (ideally at least one early). It's a pretty deep draft and, unless you want to spend up for a DeVante Parker or an Amari Cooper, it's likely the best route to go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Brian had PLENTY of money to spend on WRs this off-season and HE DIDNT. He had plenty of options to draft a WR and HE DIDNT.

So don't blame this on Rodgers' contract. Blame this on crap management that Packers have had ever since Holmgren left.

Until that Dumb and Dumber look a like Mark Murphy leaves as CEO, this franchise will underperform. He is like Jerry Jones to us. Till Jerry dies, Cowboys aint winning a championship. Mark Murphy got lucky with catching A-Rod and stacked WR core.

Yes because the rest of the team like the defense didn't contribute to their superbowl win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Well, some of that "crap management" still managed to win a Super Bowl and field two more teams that contended so...

Why can't Rodgers shoulder some of the blame? He's the face of the franchise and plays the most important position in the game. If he's not playing up to the $$, he should get some criticism. Honestly, this reads just like the defenses of Favre every time he imploded in big games. Always someone else to blame EXCEPT the QB.

Since 2010 the team, Rodgers included, have come up small in big spots. And some of those teams have had plenty of talent at OL and on the perimeter in games where the offense came up small.

Gute did have plenty to spend on WR this offseason. He wisely chose to invest in the defense. I suppose they could have spent on a...Golden Tate (4 yrs, 37.5M), John Brown (3 yrs, 27M), Adam Humphries (4 yrs, 36M), or a Tyrell Williams (4 yrs, 44M) and then had zero-to-negative cap room right now. But that would probably be foolish considering the quality of those WRs.

There's a slightly better argument for the draft but, with the exception of Gary, the players the Packers draft in R1/R2 have been immediate contributors at positions that needed reinforcing. Jenkins has been rock solid at guard and Savage flashes a lot of good things/has helped to stabilize safety.

Can't fill all the holes at all the times.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Striker said:

The mummified remains of Tom Brady was throwing to Julian Edelman and *checks notes* Jakobi Meyers and N'Keal Harry today. He somehow makes it work with less (which has kind of been his career tbh).

People like to make fun of Brady for dinking and dunking, but it's worked for years. Rodgers needs to do more of that. He'll get into a rhythm and he will start to make this offense click again like earlier in the season. Guy just trys to do too much now when he doesn't have to.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Yes because the rest of the team like the defense didn't contribute to their superbowl win.

Didn't you hear? Rodgers held the Bears to 14 points in the NFC Championship Game after hitting Cutler with his car and stopped the Eagles and Michael Vick in Philly by sheer force of will.

• Like 1

While I'm very much the new kid on this block, I am relieved to see so many well-deserved and on-point criticisms of Rogers, Gutekunst and the coaching. LaFleur looked clueless on the sidelines at times!--and he had two weeks to prepare for this big game. Maybe it's just me, but I thought our defense's tackling was just plain cruddy tonight too. A middle linebacker who has some speed and violence is another sorely-needed addition in my book.

13 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a429a3210742954846a

how many ppl actually thought we’d be 8-3 before this season started?  We got all gassed up on our suddenly heightened expectations being 8-2. Winning our division would be a huge step in the right direction.  

It feels great flipping the division around where the Bears went from first to worst, and we went to first. It feels great the run we've went on so far. It doesn't feel great to be embarrassed and lose though. The season is far from over, but we can still point out the flaws.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

It feels great flipping the division around where the Bears went from first to worst, and we went to first. It feels great the run we've went on so far. It doesn't feel great to be embarrassed and lose though. The season is far from over, but we can still point out the flaws.

It wouldn't be a full season without that around these parts.

• Like 1

Some point out the fatal flaws because we've been down the one and done road enough times to know it when we see it. While a couple of possible wins against the Giants and Redskins might be fun to watch, I think it's pretty fair to say that we aren't really much of a threat to do any real damage in the playoffs. Punches to the face are never fun to absorb even when taking the time to realize that this seasons expectations have probably been exceeded.

Edited by cannondale

6 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

No.  I'm not.  Jennings was getting paid 5 million in 2011.  Somebody said we need to surround Rodgers with the weapons of 2011 again. 

What if I told you that the 6 highest paid players on our team play offense?

Gute had plenty of opportunities to draft offense but DIDN'T?  Okay, he did.  We drafted an IOL who is having a hell of a year and we took a shot on a TE.  We also signed an IOL in free agency. 

Where you getting money for an extra wide receiver?  We did that with Graham.  It failed. 

If Rodgers wants better receivers, he should give up some of his pay. 

• Like 1

The offensive line and defensive struggles are truly baffling. I know SF has a great line and offense, but damn, our offensive line is a good unit, that shouldn't be dominated like that by anyone.

Defensively, I'm not saying get rid of Pettine yet. I am saying his job shouldn't be guaranteed next year. Too much talent on defense to be playing this poor. Way too much talent.