The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

17 hours ago, matt79511 said:

It really is insane how they’re playing out the string here due to “respect” when in practice it’s the opposite. Say what you want of Garrett and his staff, but they deserve the right to seek new employment rather than hang around in this limbo.

Or maybe we’re just incompetent. That’s probably it. How does this process endear us to future candidates? It’s like we’re holding onto him out of spite.

They told the staff like ~3ish days ago to go find new jobs.

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

Just the "out of contract or expiring contracts" I believe. Splitting a hair with ya.

This is true. Which would be Kris Richard, Rod, Ben Bloom and Leon Lett. If I’m not mistaken. I don’t believe using the “well they told the expired contract assistants to go” is a big tell tale sign that Garrett is gone as these coaches can simply walk or are retiring anyway. Not hard to replace. Richard maybe the most and after the defensive play this season that’s a stretch. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

They told the staff like ~3ish days ago to go find new jobs.

Some of them might want to follow Garrett and kind of hinge on his decision/outcome. Of course that may not actually be the case if they feel he would just scapegoat them

17 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Some of them might want to follow Garrett and kind of hinge on his decision/outcome. Of course that may not actually be the case if they feel he would just scapegoat them

This is just feeling in my gut, but Jasons actions all say he is gone. So the fact that he isnt pushing the issue tells me that Garrett isnt going to try to coach anywhere in 2020.

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Its always weird to me the Slaters photo is basically her clubbing at a bar. 

Also, not shocked at all. Under Garrett our team has become mostly very tight lipped. Even Romo made a comment on Thanksgiving about how much stuff only gets discussed behind closed doors. 

Someone else posted this, but thought it was interesting. All the teams that have not won a Superbowl while Garretts been a HC:

Steelers

Colts

Chiefs

Vikings

Falcons

Bears

49ers

Chargers

Panthers

Dolphins

Texans

Bengals

Jets

Rams

Cardinals

Buccaneers

Bills

Redskins

Jaguars

Titans

Raiders

Lions

Browns

Cowboys

At this point, I'm thinking Garrett is staying with the organization in some capacity. 

Tom Ciskowski retired after the 2019, was a Personnel Dir. and worked closely with WM iirc.  Maybe that position disappeared after his retirement....maybe Garrett fills that void. 

idk...with the way this is playing out, I'm just assuming now that Redball is sticking around is some fashion.   

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

At this point, I'm thinking Garrett is staying with the organization in some capacity. 

Tom Ciskowski retired after the 2019, was a Personnel Dir. and worked closely with WM iirc.  Maybe that position disappeared after his retirement....maybe Garrett fills that void. 

idk...with the way this is playing out, I'm just assuming now that Redball is sticking around is some fashion.   

That would be awesome. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That would be awesome. 

I agree to some extent. He has an eye for talent and has always appeared FO capable.

But, I'm also kinda ready to just move on from the whole experience. Start fresh. Don't really need him in Jerry or Stephen's ear about anything. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone else posted this, but thought it was interesting. All the teams that have not won a Superbowl while Garretts been a HC:

okay? so you have what, 10 years? 8 different teams won in those 10 years. I think I'm missing something.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

okay? so you have what, 10 years? 8 different teams won in those 10 years. I think I'm missing something.

Nope, really that simple. That people being hyperbolic about Garrett being "horrible" might need context. 

Thats all.