Week 13 GDT Raiders(6-5) Chiefs(7-4)

agarcia34

12 minutes ago, true2form said:

Why so defensive? 

You don't like him and want him replaced, like I said that's your opinion and right to it.

Own it.

Its not about liking him or not. It's about do I think he is the guy to win us playoff games or a superbowl. You starting to sound like his lil brother on twitter. And yes I do want him replaced when it is reasonable to do so. I'm not running away from that opinion at all. Pretty sure everybody here knows I'm not high on him.  

16 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Williams averaged 3.2 rec, 50.8 yds and 0.3 TD per game with Rivers the last 3 years. This season he's averaging 3.3, 48.9 and 0.5 TD. It's just who he is. He isn't a bad player to have if there's another much better WR to be the go to guy. Renfrow became the go to guy over the last month for a reason.

This is why I don't read into stats. Williams wasn't the go to option in San Deigo. When he was (2016) when thrust into a starting role, he was a big time play maker for Rivers. 

I think you have to give him some chances. I get he dropped some balls, but Carr just ignoring him as a result (ala Cooper) is just dumb and poor from a leadership standpoint. And he's still not 100% from his foot injury per reports. 

16 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I think it should be widely accepted. The question should be about the option we move forward with. Keep Carr and build the team around or go find a new QB. At this point, i'd keep building the team around him.

So build an extravagant house on a poor foundation and expect it not to collapse? 

I agree, you don't get rid of Carr without a viable option. But you also can't sit idle with the amount of draft capital if the right guy is there.

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Everyone knows Waller is a great player now, so defense scheme against him which is why he hasn’t been having monster games. Defenses don’t have to worry about our wideouts since their starting cbs can handle them 1 on 1. Gruden knew we needed AB badly which is why we tried to make it work so hard after he went crazy. We had no other choice then to move on. Then is desperation moves traded for Davis and Zay Jones to help patch up our pathetic WR unit. 

Good scheme and playaction can get even bums open. That's all I'm saying, I feel like we need to use Jacobs as decoy a little more. 

Renfrow going down hurt us more than I even thought. 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is why I don't read into stats. Williams wasn't the go to option in San Deigo. When he was (2016) when thrust into a starting role, he was a big time play maker for Rivers. 

I think you have to give him some chances. I get he dropped some balls, but Carr just ignoring him as a result (ala Cooper) is just dumb and poor from a leadership standpoint. And he's still not 100% from his foot injury per reports. 

I think you're making Williams to be more than he ever was. It's not like i've changed my tune lately either, Williams is going to have a few big games and a majority of inconsequential ones. And Rivers was a better QB than Carr, that's not even a question for me.

12 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Its not about liking him or not. It's about do I think he is the guy to win us playoff games or a superbowl. You starting to sound like his lil brother on twitter. And yes I do want him replaced when it is reasonable to do so. I'm not running away from that opinion at all. Pretty sure everybody here knows I'm not high on him.  

Why do you have to try and spin it?  I'm saying you don't like him as the QB, not anything else.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So build an extravagant house on a poor foundation and expect it not to collapse? 

I agree, you don't get rid of Carr without a viable option. But you also can't sit idle with the amount of draft capital if the right guy is there.

Who says the right guy is there? Sounds like Tua doesn’t want to come out if he’s projected to fall to the bottom first top of the second. So who would the Raiders take? Burrow? Herbert? There isn’t a lot of available guys and there’s going to be quite a few teams looking to draft QBs. 

21 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Who says the right guy is there? Sounds like Tua doesn’t want to come out if he’s projected to fall to the bottom first top of the second. So who would the Raiders take? Burrow? Herbert? There isn’t a lot of available guys and there’s going to be quite a few teams looking to draft QBs. 

Not saying he will be there. But the Raiders have lots of draft capital to make moves if Mayock/Gruden saw the right guy. We will have to see who all comes out so this is to be continued.

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not saying he will be there. But the Raiders have lots of draft capital to make moves if Mayock/Gruden saw the right guy. We will have to see who all comes out so this is to be continued.

True. This was something I was saying last season before the draft when people wanted the Raiders to take a QB. I was against it because of the class that was coming out and outside of Murray it looks like I was right. I felt last season that with the two firsts the Raiders had they could maneuver anywhere in the first for a QB if they wanted one. Although I didn’t foresee the lengths that Miami would go to secure a QB. With their 3 firsts they could completely out bid the Raiders especially if the Steelers fall flat on their faces. I heard that the owner is in love with Tua ever since the national championship game a few years ago.