Odell   

23 members have voted

1. 1. How long will he be in Cleveland?

• This is his only year
    • Through next season
    • 3-5 seasons
    • Brown for life
    • Horny
  2. 2. What would you need compensated to trade him?

• A 1st round pick and other compensation
    • 1st round pick
    • 2nd round pick
    • I’d die first
    • I’m done with this team
  3. 3. What would help him be more productive here?

How does Allen Robinson 2 TDs in one night

And Odell has 2 all year 

is it we don’t know how to use him or is it he doesn’t have the talent anymore?

its one or the other 

either we need to get rid of his ASAP while he still has value or the coaches need to fix something 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

And Odell has 2 all year 

its one or the other 

either we need to get rid of his ASAP while he still has value or the coaches need to fix something 

... but the OLine 

... but you can't just force it he's covered

.. but the defense is taking him away

... but he might drop the ball like earlier in the season

F-that noise... I'm putting OBJ on 3 vertical routes in the 1st half of each game ... and making him prove to me that throwing it to him is a bad idea by throwing it to him...

We don't even try ... when he's covered he's not always covered... rotating safety or not we have to let him show us magic moments...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

And Odell has 2 all year 

its one or the other 

He still has talent..

TBH, I don't care at all. He's under contract through 2023, so I don't see him going anywhere.

Honestly, I just want to win games. He's one of the best WR in the league, and if he's able to be healthy and shows up to OTA/gets a lot of camp reps, I'd expect him and Baker to have their timing down and be dangerous next year.

That said, this team has been exposed in pass protection, pre-snap reads/playcalls, and depth across the board at every position except for RB and MLB. 

The reality is, you can win and be successful without a true dominant WR. (See: San Fran, Baltimore, Seattle, New England)

I want him to be a part of that, but if he's not, big whoop. If he's not here then we probably trade him for some major assets.

• Like 1

- #hegone

- TBH, we aren't equipped to deal with everything the is involved (media circus, national and local)

- I would trade him while he is under contract, I think this will increase the value of what we can get in return for him, use that compensation to fortify our OL

- I love OBJ the person, but we aren't Hollywood, NYC or Miami, we are Cleveland, we need to be the hard working, tough, physical team and having him there compromises that.

- We need to move towards guys like Hakeem Butler, and bigger guys like that who can be an asset in the run game and not have to be obvious subbing in and out guys, that's part of the reason is our personnel, we are so predictable.

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

... but the OLine 

... but you can't just force it he's covered

.. but the defense is taking him away

... but he might drop the ball like earlier in the season

F-that noise... I'm putting OBJ on 3 vertical routes in the 1st half of each game ... and making him prove to me that throwing it to him is a bad idea by throwing it to him...

We don't even try ... when he's covered he's not always covered... rotating safety or not we have to let him show us magic moments...

Nah I would probably try to just pick up the momentum we had on offense after the Dolphins game to regain some confidence.  Maybe sprinkle an OBJ deep shot in on first down if the run game is hitting.  Getting Baker killed by running verts all day won't be worth jerking off to the one highlight that might create.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, brownie man said:

And Odell has 2 all year 

its one or the other 

How many teams have 2,1400 yard receivers on the field at the same time.

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- #hegone

- TBH, we aren't equipped to deal with everything the is involved (media circus, national and local)

- I would trade him while he is under contract, I think this will increase the value of what we can get in return for him, use that compensation to fortify our OL

- I love OBJ the person, but we aren't Hollywood, NYC or Miami, we are Cleveland, we need to be the hard working, tough, physical team and having him there compromises that.

- We need to move towards guys like Hakeem Butler, and bigger guys like that who can be an asset in the run game and not have to be obvious subbing in and out guys, that's part of the reason is our personnel, we are so predictable.

Sorry do not trade hof receivers in there20s

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- #hegone

Using that logic, trade Baker too.

He’s a small QB from a finesse system in the Big 12.

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah we should trade him honestly. At least if we keep this staff. 

If we get a new staff I’d be more open to keeping him give it at least one more shot

I'd think you would be tired of being wrong all the time, but you keep proving me wrong. 

Reporters need to ask Dorsey what OBJ's future hold, not OBJ.

Dorsey is the one who traded for him, but has yet to extend him (or Vernon for that matter).

Guys with no guaranteed money are easy to move, and Dorsey is making a huge mistake by not ending this pointless line of questioning by the media with an extension. 

He also is continuing to screw up the Schobert situation every day by not extending him.

This was Dorsey's undoing in KC, and it's playing out again in Cleveland.  Leopards and spots and all that.

• Like 2