GDT: Browns @ House of Cards

Mega Ron

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ok everyone I’m sorry. It’s out of my system and I’m stepping away. I can’t act this way. It’s ridiculous. I’m sorry.

Hey man it’s ok. Step away for a moment and come back and watch the game like it’s a comedy. I’m staying in today because if I go out I may go looking for a fight 😂

But I got work early and don’t need @pnies20 or @NateDawg coming with the wagon to take me away. 

12 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

That's actually a pretty common theme of the old Bill Walsh West Coast offense, isn't it? Short, quick passes to spread the defense horizontally to open up the run game. Not saying we're doing that, but it's not a crazy concept.

Nope. Not at all. With Bill Walsh it was the complete opposite actually

The West Coast offense under Walsh the great was about spreading the defense to create one on one match-ups and a quick rhythm passing game. However, like Kyle Shanahan and Mike Shannahan current West Coast offenses, the West Coast god father Bill Walsh was not pass first and instead argued that his offense was built on what then was called the "Play-Pass." We now know it as play-action pass.

Walsh was obsessive with ball-faking, ball-handling, and making both the run and the pass look the same. 

Explosive passing offenses and efficient one's aren't efficient because those offenses pass first and all the time, but because the running and passing game work off one another.

It's a misnomer that Bill Walsh West Coast was "pass first." It is accurate to say that they were a highly successful, dynamic passing offense. But running and establishing the run and it's look to lead to tempo based "Play-Pass" or what we know as play-action was the heart of what Walsh believed. Some of his best writings after his coaching career ended were arguments against the perception that his WC offense was pass first.

Edited by Mind Character

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Nope. Not at all. With Bill Walsh it was the complete opposite actually

The West Coast offense under Walsh the great was about spreading the defense to create one on one match-ups and a quick rhythm passing game. However, like Kyle Shanahan and Mike Shannahan current West Coast offenses, the West Coast god father Bill Walsh was not pass first and instead argued that his offense was built on what then was called the "Play-Pass." We now know it as play-action pass.

Walsh was obsessive with ball-faking, ball-handling, and making both the run and the pass look the same. 

Explosive passing offenses and efficient one's aren't efficient because those offenses pass first and all the time, but because the running and passing game work off one another.

It's a misnomer that Bill Walsh West Coast was "pass first." It is accurate to say that they were a highly successful, dynamic passing offense. But running and establishing the run and it's look to lead to tempo based "Play-Pass" or what we know as play-action was the heart of what Walsh believed.

Well it's always about balance but what can you scare the opposing defenses with more? If it is your weapons in the pass game it makes sense to try to put them in position to stop that as a priority and vice/versa. Then attack with the other.

Obviously we are a much bigger threat with our ground game we (Freddie) just haven't realized it yet No one is scared of OBJ. Haven't been all year. Chubb is the much bigger threat.

• Like 1