GDT: Browns @ House of Cards

Mega Ron

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

@Mind Character I don’t think that us keeping Freddie is the foregone conclusion that I previously thought. Despite all of the reasons that I am aware of that it would not make sense from Dorsey’s perspective. I think the regression at quarterback and the offense in general with the talent that was accumulated is really detrimental towards allowing that to trot back out there next season under the same coaching. 

I get your reasoning man. I really do.

But it's a done deal. Freddie is coming back year. 

If we had an internal candidate, maybe he wouldn't be. If the Haslam's didn't have fears that they'll be perceived as fire-happy again (even if that fear is unfounded), maybe Freddie wouldn't come back.

There's a reason the reports have come out this week about Freddie coming back.

The only way he doesn't is if there is mass dissent against Freddie staying via the players. 

However, as long as Baker is team Freddie and Lindley they will stay. The mistake made in the Freddie hiring was basing everything around what Baker likes instead of what might've been best for Baker and the team in the long run.