2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

17 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

'sources say' is info?

the others had stuff from the FBI come out about them. Unlike everything else, this didn't come from the FBI.

Exactly. The evidence about the other players hasn't been released yet. Somehow this information of the wiretap was released... I say this wiretap info is more than the rest of the players.

I'm sure Arizona is talking to both Miller, Ayton, NCAA, and FBI. If they get a small hint that the FBI does in fact have this wriretap then he is not playing... If he does play they are risking a worse punishment down the road handed down by the NCAA. Kinda like when Syracuse self inflicted post season ban... NCAA takes stuff like that into consideration. So if they were smart they should be looking towards the long haul and just keep him out now.

Carter and Knox currently only have info of a meal (not saying they didn't receive money but that info hasn't been made to public) but Ayton has 100k money if true.

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Exactly. The evidence about the other players hasn't been released yet. Somehow this information of the wiretap was released... I say this wiretap info is more than the rest of the players.

I think you are misunderstanding me. All the information about the players that came out yesterday was from the FBI. The thing about Miller/Ayton has no proof. Allegedly it is coming from the agent's team, not sure why.

3 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I'm sure Arizona is talking to both Miller, Ayton, NCAA, and FBI. If they get a small hint that the FBI does in fact have this wriretap then he is not playing... If he does play they are risking a worse punishment down the road handed down by the NCAA. Kinda like when Syracuse self inflicted post season ban... NCAA takes stuff like that into consideration. So if they were smart they should be looking towards the long haul and just keep him out now.

Carter and Knox currently only have info of a meal (not saying they didn't receive money but that info hasn't been made to public) but Ayton has 100k money if true.

The spreadsheets were released yesterday. 

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

21 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Yes but that isn't all of the FBI information/evidence. They wouldn't release that all at once. I'm sure they have a bunch of phone calls, messages, bank statements that are being held under wraps. This phone conversation with Miller concerning Ayton is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure FBI has even more that will be slowly leaked through time that connects money being sent to these players.

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

If Ayton actually got 100k from Arizona...Could he be looking at legal issues? I mean, you know he didn't pay taxes on those lol

Yeah that's illegal. 

I'm not a lawyer, but my guess is that the prosecutor is going to want the agents and boosters, so they'll use any player as a witness to help burn the cash cows.

Im almost leaning towards the NCAA should allow the players to sign with Agents. If the player wants to get paid, well that should come out of the agents side and not the school. Allow players to get paid on their likeness but again allow the agent to deal with it. It comes down to the agent to trust they will get their share when they sign that pro contract. If a kid busts or leaves them before the deal, well thats on the agent then. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Im almost leaning towards the NCAA should allow the players to sign with Agents. If the player wants to get paid, well that should come out of the agents side and not the school. Allow players to get paid on their likeness but again allow the agent to deal with it. It comes down to the agent to trust they will get their share when they sign that pro contract. If a kid busts or leaves them before the deal, well thats on the agent then. 

the problem with letting them make money in any way is that you create loopholes for people to pay them to go to a school. Someone can say they are making $ on their likeness but they are really getting paid to go to a particular school. 

58 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the problem with letting them make money in any way is that you create loopholes for people to pay them to go to a school. Someone can say they are making $ on their likeness but they are really getting paid to go to a particular school. 

thats fine. Early on in the process, you will see it get crazy but when players pull in a bunch of money and they flop pretty hard and now that agent lost out on a lot of money and you see some agents losing jobs with certain agencies, its going to settle it down. In the early stages you will see big money thrown around but when things start to settle in and the people giving hands out start to see that they are not see the kinds of returns they were hoping, then they might start spending their money a lot wiser. There might not be a perfect way but I think doing something and then really dropping the hammer to really force schools to police better would be the only way to help. I really hope they set a legit precedent with what happened. Miller should get a nasty show clause handed to him. Stuff like this gets away with because no one fears the NCAA. NCAA needs to make themselves be feared.

Archived