2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

True. Never blame the players for getting theirs. But the Wisconsin-Maryland wars back when he decided... goddamn

Oh yeah I mean Bo Ryan's daughter outright said he never got into Wisconsin then, and Maryland is a meme program anyway. So there wasn't a whole lot of difference either way.

But yeah anybody who's morally outraged at a poor HS kid screwing a predatory agent can go fly a kite.

I think every single major player in the recruiting game, and a handful of successful programs (to a lesser extent), are guilty of the same things Arizona got heat for a few months ago. It's the whole system really. These HS guys essentially have these shadow agents ( who then get them benefits via sponsor reps, boosters, assistants, etc. The HCs know something is going on, but they don't know the details, a don't ask don't tell sort of situation... Enough so that I'm sure none of them get implicated. 

If I'm not mistaken, all of these new findings are coming from the FBI's raid of just ONE agency? Makes me think you can find impermissible benefits for every top 20 recruit.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

It's gonna be nice to see all these punishments... Everyone is gonna get a taste of what Syracuse went through

Glad that it seems Cuse stayed out of all of it.

I wouldn't say Cause stayed out of it, just that agents/companies weren't pushing/paying players to go there. Or you didn't have big time players that agents wanted to try to convince to go to their company.

That is if this recent situation is like the initial one. I haven't seen what it is about yet.

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I wouldn't say Cause stayed out of it, just that agents/companies weren't pushing/paying players to go there. Or you didn't have big time players that agents wanted to try to convince to go to their company.

That is if this recent situation is like the initial one. I haven't seen what it is about yet.

I think we we're just steering clear after our 1st investigation. NCAA was investigating every part of this program and our punishment was still going on. I'm sure if that investigation never took place then we would be in the middle for this investigation

Archived