Fire Freddie

mtmmike

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Ironic that the HC who basically got his Job " because " it was what Baker wanted is now being blamed for it all "because " things didn't go like Baker , the Browns and their Fans planned?

That's why McCarthy probably makes sense because he wouldnt allow Baker to control the situation and likely would not tolerate the ego 

16 hours ago, mtmmike said:

How many people think if freddy goes and gets fired the browns job is the most desirable of coaching jobs.

No, goodness no. It actually might be the least desirable job. Dorsey brings in a ton of "me first" guys, those guys start to completely go off the rails once the Browns lose (and they will lose very quickly) and Jimmy Haslem still gets paid, so he has no incentive to make necessary changes.

I don't think there's a coach in the league who can turn that franchise around immediately. The issue is more than a talent issue, it goes much further than that. You have ready made teams in Atlanta and Chicago that'll be looking for a HC, you might even have two playoff teams in Houston and Dallas looking for a new HC (Houston is highly unlikely, but a guy can dream) so Cleveland is really, REALLY low on this list.

Might be higher than Jacksonville, so there's that.

44 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, goodness no. It actually might be the least desirable job. Dorsey brings in a ton of "me first" guys, those guys start to completely go off the rails once the Browns lose (and they will lose very quickly) and Jimmy Haslem still gets paid, so he has no incentive to make necessary changes.

I don't think there's a coach in the league who can turn that franchise around immediately. The issue is more than a talent issue, it goes much further than that. You have ready made teams in Atlanta and Chicago that'll be looking for a HC, you might even have two playoff teams in Houston and Dallas looking for a new HC (Houston is highly unlikely, but a guy can dream) so Cleveland is really, REALLY low on this list.

At LEAST you get to live in Florida. 

5 hours ago, berlin calling said:

and i didn't mean to throw a shade at you just that it would be another stupid Browns hire.

however, every Browns fan on here would tell us different as they did when they were told that Kitchens was a unproven commodity at best during this offseason.
gotta love these educated guys on here.

Also no one knew that kitchens would completely blow up his scheme that actually worked. He basically ran that scheme about 2-3x this year. Vs the Ravens first half vs Seattle and vs Miami. The rest, we have no idea what he was trying to do 

35 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m honestly shocked this all blew up in their faces. A team who went and tried to buy their way to the playoffs by getting a bunch of ridiculous egos and then are led by a more egotistical clown.... What could go wrong?

How did they try to buy there ways? Your acting like they went out and signed a bunch of vets? Browns were still one of the youngest rosters in The league and went out and got a weapon for their QB. The downfall of the browns Was the coaching. Everything else snowballed from that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How did they try to buy there ways? Your acting like they went out and signed a bunch of vets? Browns were still one of the youngest rosters in The league and went out and got a weapon for their QB. The downfall of the browns Was the coaching. Everything else snowballed from that. 

If you think his comment was age related, you're not paying attention. The Browns grabbed a ton of volatile characters and hoped the situation would resolve itself once winning was common. Those wins never developed, so the opposite took hold - the situation got significantly worse.

If you're not seeing that, you're simply not looking at this objectively. John Dorsey doesn't account for character (since his KC days). The negative to that decision is now out for everyone to see.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Chicago's HC spot is opening? I'd be surprised...

As far as JAX, I don't think so tbh. Team has 4 1sts in the next two years and an owner that usually gives people too long of a leash.

Think it'll be better than people think, as long as Coughlin is canned which he will be.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Chicago's HC spot is opening? I'd be surprised...

As far as JAX, I don't think so tbh. Team has 4 1sts in the next two years and an owner that usually gives people too long of a leash.

Think it'll be better than people think, as long as Coughlin is canned which he will be.

I think the NFLPA saying "don't sign in Jacksonville" in essence is pretty damning. Might need an off-season or two to get that stink washed off.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you think his comment was age related, you're not paying attention. The Browns grabbed a ton of volatile characters and hoped the situation would resolve itself once winning was common. Those wins never developed, so the opposite took hold - the situation got significantly worse.

If you're not seeing that, you're simply not looking at this objectively. John Dorsey doesn't account for character (since his KC days). The negative to that decision is now out for everyone to see.

Yep

Just now, ET80 said:

I think the NFLPA saying "don't sign in Jacksonville" in essence is pretty damning. Might need an off-season or two to get that stink washed off.

It's possible, but that began in 2017 when he was brought on, and I'd imagine players/agents would realize if he's terminated that wouldn't be a thing 

I also don't think there would be any pressure to win immediately. Too many holes all over the roster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's possible, but that began in 2017 when he was brought on, and I'd imagine players/agents would realize if he's terminated that wouldn't be a thing 

But it's still something that would be asked - by media, by potential players, etc.

The "higher thinking" players/agents aren't just going to accept "It was Tom's idea" at face value, either - they're going to want to look at medical protocol and oversight created by Jacksonville to avoid this sort of issue going forward. I'm sure Jax will have a response, but it's still a headache that can be avoided. 

All things considered, I'm probably blowing it out of proportion a bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavensDefense3 said:

Baker is a bust he’s a better version of johnny football and the coach sucks. At this point i’d consider moving/disbanding that franchise its a joke that they've never fielded a competitive team

its obvious youre a troll but it pains me so woefully to admit that youre not wrong

• Like 2