Fire Freddie

mtmmike

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you think his comment was age related, you're not paying attention. The Browns grabbed a ton of volatile characters and hoped the situation would resolve itself once winning was common. Those wins never developed, so the opposite took hold - the situation got significantly worse.

If you're not seeing that, you're simply not looking at this objectively. John Dorsey doesn't account for character (since his KC days). The negative to that decision is now out for everyone to see.

its funny though, kareem hunt has been a model citizen while overwhelmingly good person OBJ has caused the most drama.  well i guess baker, but obj hasnt shut down the unneccesary drama surrounding him. 

I disagree with so much of what you said. Lets go piece by piece. 

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I want nothing to do with Garrett who has shows he cant even win in a weak division with a team more loaded than the Browns. I cant see them going out after him with a guy like Rivera/McCarthy (who they spoke with last year) out there looking.

Garrett is about to win the division the 3rd time in 4 years along with a coach of the year award. Not saying he is a great coach or that he is better than Rivera/McCarthy. But is a good coach for a team that needs a culture change. He will get you out of being a dumpster fire. 

You know who has a run first mentality mixed with downfield passing? Ron Rivera :) 

So is Garretts... 

That also makes me wonder if they do go with a new HC that wants to pound it with Chubb/Hunt, does that make OBJ and his massive contract expendable? I feel like a lot of the issues going on right now is because there are not enough touches to keep everybody happy. If your going to be run first might as well trade OBJ for a player + 1st and create cap room to resign other players at key positions. 

Also to note: Nick Chubb leads the NFL in carries so Im not sure how anybody think we are not giving him the ball enough lol

I dont think you get a 1st + player for OBJ at this point.

I would think so, I think its more if the splash hire can put up with Jerry. Hes a control freak and I dont think a veteran HC with stature would take too kindly to some of the things Jerry says and does.

Jerry doesnt do much of anything anymore. Hasnt in years. All he does is speak to the media and manage the non-football stuff (marketing, facilities, etc). 

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

its funny though, kareem hunt has been a model citizen while overwhelmingly good person OBJ has caused the most drama.  well i guess baker, but obj hasnt shut down the unneccesary drama surrounding him. 

OBJ is an overwhelmingly good person? I dunno man, he seems like an immature dude who happens to be great at football. 

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But it's still something that would be asked - by media, by potential players, etc.

The "higher thinking" players/agents aren't just going to accept "It was Tom's idea" at face value, either - they're going to want to look at medical protocol and oversight created by Jacksonville to avoid this sort of issue going forward. I'm sure Jax will have a response, but it's still a headache that can be avoided. 

All things considered, I'm probably blowing it out of proportion a bit. 

Nah, I mean this whole this is completely ridiculous so who knows. Just feel like considering the timeline, what everyone knows about Coughlin, etc. it's quite obvious it him and only him but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I disagree with so much of what you said. Lets go piece by piece. 

Garrett is about to win the division the 3rd time in 4 years along with a coach of the year award. Not saying he is a great coach or that he is better than Rivera/McCarthy. But is a good coach for a team that needs a culture change. He will get you out of being a dumpster fire. 

So is Garretts... 

I dont think you get a 1st + player for OBJ at this point.

Jerry doesnt do much of anything anymore. Hasnt in years. All he does is speak to the media and manage the non-football stuff (marketing, facilities, etc). 

OBJ is an overwhelmingly good person? I dunno man, he seems like an immature dude who happens to be great at football. 

na, he donates a lot of his time and money to our community.  

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Both good and bad rich people tend donate time and money. 

Im not sure charitable acts automatically makes you an "overwhelmingly good person"; though it certainly helps.

regardless, the point is that denigrating OBJ for his character is overplayed and incorrect.  he certainly has been a distraction though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

regardless, the point is that denigrating OBJ for his character is overplayed and incorrect.  he certainly has been a distraction though.

If Romo got bagged on for going to Cabo before a playoff game for his entire career, you should probably expect OBJ to get the same treatment for his boat trip/Packers game debacle. And thats not even including he recorded a video of him with coke, weed and a chick laying in bed. 

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is it safe to label OBJ as a quitter at this point? Anytime the going gets tough he wants out of dodge. You have to think that hurts his trade value. What established team would want that in the locker room?

Oh, I think a ton of teams would take him. That's not really a question for me. His trade value though? I can't begin to guess, to be quite honest. His contract is pretty nice for any team acquiring him, so there's that. I still think that some good teams with receiver needs would throw a late first there though. 

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is it safe to label OBJ as a quitter at this point? Anytime the going gets tough he wants out of dodge. You have to think that hurts his trade value. What established team would want that in the locker room?

If he's playing through a sports hernia on a lost cause season and forgoing surgery to stick it out as has been reported...I think you can call him a lot of things, but "quitter" certainly isn't one of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If he's playing through a sports hernia on a lost cause season and forgoing surgery to stick it out as has been reported...I think you can call him a lot of things, but "quitter" certainly isn't one of them.

How else would you interpret him telling teams, "Come get me"? 

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

How else would you interpret him telling teams, "Come get me"? 

OBJ didn't choose CLE, that' just where he was traded by NYG.
Yes he wants out , but I don't think he ever wanted IN in the first place - and he's quite used to getting his way in life
So I'm not sure I'd label him a quitter unless he lobbied for CLE and then bailed as soon as things went south.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

If you think his comment was age related, you're not paying attention. The Browns grabbed a ton of volatile characters and hoped the situation would resolve itself once winning was common. Those wins never developed, so the opposite took hold - the situation got significantly worse.

If you're not seeing that, you're simply not looking at this objectively. John Dorsey doesn't account for character (since his KC days). The negative to that decision is now out for everyone to see.

Grabbed a ton of volatile Characters? What is massive list of players? Callaway, Whitehead? 

also it’s not like Dorsey keeps them around no matter what...he had no problem getting rid of Gordon, Whitehead, Callaway. The dudes wit’s true character issues. You are Making out this team is like the late 00’ bengals