Fire Freddie

mtmmike

Just now, braylon said:

I'll take a young guy I consider to have a creative offensive mind over a guy who has proven to be an extremely average head coach. I wouldn't blame someone for wanting to take the known quantity in one of the others, but I'd be willing to take what I know is a risk on Josh McDaniels.

Yeah I get it but the Browns dont have a really good record by going with the flashy OC hire with minimal HC experience. Thats how they are in this mess with Freddie/Hue and even going back to Pettine/Chudinsky. The Browns havent hired a proven veteran coach like Rivera/McCarthy for as long as I can remember and I feel that is always their downfall.

I get that McD might be a great offensive mind, but I really question if he can wrangle the entire lockerrom the way Im certain Rivera/McCarthy can.

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

Almost every fan cheers at a firing made by their team. But the truth is that the grass isn't always greener in the pasture beyond. 

Sure, aggressive moves can backfire, if that's what you're arguing. 7-9 hell is a real thing though. The goal is to win a championship, not to go 10-6, lose in the wildcard round and look "respectable". 

I think some people seriously overestimate the value of "losing pretty". The value of going 4-12 and 8-8 is pretty close together, as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather take risks to win the difficult games in the postseason even if means it could blow up badly in my face - because if that's the case, we weren't winning those postseason games anyway.

37 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah I get it but the Browns dont have a really good record by going with the flashy OC hire with minimal HC experience. Thats how they are in this mess with Freddie/Hue and even going back to Pettine/Chudinsky. The Browns havent hired a proven veteran coach like Rivera/McCarthy for as long as I can remember and I feel that is always their downfall.

I get that McD might be a great offensive mind, but I really question if he can wrangle the entire lockerrom the way Im certain Rivera/McCarthy can.

Totally fair assessment.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, mtmmike said:

How many people think if freddy goes and gets fired the browns job is the most desirable of coaching jobs.

I don't know who would ever want to coach Cleveland, because the entire offensive system is built and centered around Baker Mayfield.  

That's the whole reason why Freddie Kitchens was hired from the beginning.  He worked well with Baker, and John Dorsey took attention to that.  

But, the problem is that Kitchens is just as immature as Baker is.  He really doesn't have any leadership qualities to redeem him as a coach.  

Baker Mayfield is the most talent quarterback Cleveland has had since Bernie Kozar.  

He's capable of playing  the game.  We saw that last year when he broke the rookie TD record without even playing all 16 games.  

This year was really different for Cleveland, because you had a lot of talking heads on the team to begin with, Hugh Jackson was cussed out of the city, and they now have a head coach who is incapable of getting a grip on his football team.  

The dude needs to go, and Dorsey needs to get somebody in there that will put Baker Mayfield in his place.  

• Like 1

1Part of my reason for not firing freddy is to give baker a consistent learning platform that is the same.

I do not like Freddy but he has beat playoff level teams in his first year.

The most important thing to remember about new hires is to give them time to learn there job.

2 more off seasons like last year then if fredyy does not get us deep into the playoffs then hire somebody of urban meyers pedrigree.

Thank you for your post it is very obvious that you know football.

51 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

1Part of my reason for not firing freddy is to give baker a consistent learning platform that is the same.

The most important thing to remember about new hires is to give them time to learn there job.

2 more off seasons like last year then if fredyy does not get us deep into the playoffs then hire somebody of urban meyers pedrigree.

What’s he learning? He’s regressed significantly whatever he’s learning he’s gotta un learn is fast. 

I honestly think some a new offense and some urgency could do him good. He was lazy last offseason he said himself he should’ve did more. 

Nick Chubb beat the Ravens not Freddie. I’ll give you Buffalo. Steelers suck 

we don’t have time. Jarvis and Odell only have so long under contract we gotta get this thing moving. We gotta pay Myles and Denzel soon. 

haha hiring Urban is a lot harder than it sounds. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, mtmmike said:

The scheme doesn't have to change but the culture in Cleveland needs too. That goes deeper than just the coach but I don't think Freddie can change the culture, in fact he is a large part of it. wearing the Steelers started it tee shirt is a perfect example. Sure it was maybe innocent and funny but what kind of message doesn't it send to the organization? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok Freddy got fired mind character thinks the browns are the most desirable location 

bleed the clock and lets go brownies are his lieutenants 

Don’t be a chump, tag a mf if you wanna talk ish. @BleedTheClock @Mind Character

I said no such thing btw, just that we won’t have any problem hiring a coach.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

has anybody heard who the browns have interviewed 

Learn to google ya boomer goof

• Like 2

Freddie was one of the worst hires I’ve ever seen. No experience leading. No experience even being a coordinator. And I said the ONLY way the Browns could shoot themselves in the foot is by hiring within such as Williams or Kitchens. 

They have the dumbest owners in the history of team sports. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Freddie was one of the worst hires I’ve ever seen. No experience leading. No experience even being a coordinator. And I said the ONLY way the Browns could shoot themselves in the foot is by hiring within such as Williams or Kitchens. 

They have the dumbest owners in the history of team sports. 

As much as I question the agenda and want to say "get off our lawn."

This guy's dialed in.

Those illusioned by the success in 8 games never paid attention to the fact that the HC decision was bout the next 5 years.

• Like 1