Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

1 hour ago, Joe said:

It's because you have a conglomerate of tool warehouses out in the Dakotas that wish they lived in the Twin Cities Metro. They try to be hardcore with their fandom and fanboy personas of Minnesota sports that they tarnish the reputation of the average Vikings fan. In other words, your fans in the Dakotas make you look like a bunch of wankers....to put it lightly...and Paul Allen fuels the fire... 

I imagine if Minny ever does get a Lombardi, it’ll really get bad, LOL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Honestly, this is disturbing, and part and parcel why I have hard feelings about the purples.  Outside of Barr and Moss, I’ve never actually hated the team itself.  It’s mostly the obsessed and demented fans I can’t stand.  Disclaimer - most of the Vikings fans on this forum are pretty decent.  It’s damn near every other Viking fan I’ve ever encountered that I just can’t stomach.  The above “Top five sports moment” is on par with their ridiculous and sick mentality.

Nobody reads that paper. There are sports moments that rank much higher for Minnesota. Rodgers injury isn't even in the top 500.

7 hours ago, Golfman said:

I haven't seen a first round rookie offensive lineman get tossed around like Bradbury was Monday night since Tony Mandarich was a rookie. I think I'd rather have my first rounder on the bench learning than getting embarrassed like yours was on Monday night.

If he's a worthy starter you are basing that solely on perceived upside. That is a risky proposition for a 24 year old rookie. 

He's had some good games this season. Started out slow and got much better as the season went on. Just had a crappy game like the rest of the Vikings.

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Nobody reads that paper. There are sports moments that rank much higher for Minnesota. Rodgers injury isn't even in the top 500.

I would hope not, and perhaps for you it’s not.  But I’ve got plenty of Viking fan friends who posted their fanboy love of that injury on Facebook and it made me sick.  Not a single one of us here celebrated Bridgewater’s gruesome injury, or Cook’s, etc.  Takes a certain kind of cretin to celebrate terrible injuries.

Edited by Sasquatch

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I would hope not, and perhaps for you it’s not.  But I’ve got plenty of Viking fan friends who posted their fanboy love of that injury and it made me sick.  Not a single one of us here celebrated Bridgewater’s gruesome injury, or Cook’s, etc.  Takes a certain kind of cretin to celebrate terrible injuries.

Bridgewater and Peterson were celebrated by Packer fans I know. I'm sure a few here celebrated those guys getting injured and laughed about in their private messages. I've been on this too long to think otherwise.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Bridgewater and Peterson were celebrated by Packer fans I know. I'm sure a few here celebrated those guys getting injured and laughed about in their private messages. I've been on this too long to think otherwise.

Then I guess some fans are just so full of hatred for each other that all common sense goes out the window.  I admit, I’ve had enough bad experiences with your fans that I have a visceral distaste for your team as a result.  I’m also well aware there are decent Viking fans - including a few members of my own family - so I’m mature enough to make the distinction and not be rude in discussions here or in person.  It doesn’t have to be stupid, but sadly it’s become that way for portions of both fan bases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Honestly I just don’t remember the last time I talked to a vikings fan. It may have been in high school, and I graduated in 09. They don’t exist out here. 

There’s a ton of Viking and Packer fans out here in the Rockies - transplanted (escape as they say) from the upper Midwest to live in the mountains.

16 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Very true. You just don't see as many 1st rounders outside of QB's standing on the sidelines.

It frustrates some of us, too.  But...we are trying really hard to find the positives about Gary.  And to be truthful?  Very disappointing in pre-season games.  Nothing there early, but limited snaps.  That last 3 games or so?  Different story.  Couple more snaps, but he's doing more with them.  

I dare say, if Gary were a Viking, Bear or Lion, we'd be looking at his stats and laughing.  But...he's ours and at least he's showing improvement.  And we all know that he's an all-world athlete.  We just keep our fingers crossed.

Pretty similar to how I'm thinking you feel about Bradbury, only he plays more and gets really exposed in most games.  It is just easier to see Bradbury's flaws because he's a starting center and you can see instantly when he is beaten.  You have to look to find Gary reps and even then, it is tougher to notice when he's underperforming just because of the position he plays.  

15 hours ago, Golfman said:

I haven't seen a first round rookie offensive lineman get tossed around like Bradbury was Monday night since Tony Mandarich was a rookie. I think I'd rather have my first rounder on the bench learning than getting embarrassed like yours was on Monday night.

If he's a worthy starter you are basing that solely on perceived upside. That is a risky proposition for a 24 year old rookie. 

Yes, you have seen it.  Week two when we played them the first time.  And if you go out there and watch that Falcon game, he was owned by a really good DL over there as well.  Grady Jarret.  To be fair, Clark and Jarret are really good and it has been kind of a baptism by fire for young Bradbury.

I think it was about week 6 I went into PFF and looked at the DLs who were playing against Bradbury.  At that time, every player earned their highest PFF score when playing against him.

It isn't often you see a center get that dominated.  He's young and I'm sure there is hope for development, but I'll put up that name on the list for why you don't draft interior lineman in round one.  At least for now.  Props to @Outpost31

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I'm gonna be fair to you.  I appreciate your posts and your stance on the Rodgers injury.

But I've been on this board long enough and have enough PM's out there.  None of them "celebrated" any injury.  For anyone.  Vikings included.  

From the little I've read on your board, you seem to have a lot of level headed guys over there.  I think you'd find it similar here.  Celebrating injuries just doesn't happen...that I'm aware of.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 9:04 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

yZGfZfS.png

That last throw of the half, woof

Never should have come to this either. There should have been a run or a QB sneak called immediately. LaFleur isn't involved in the playcalling called in the 2 minute. That last sequence, the good (the entire drive down into the redzone) and the bad (the last 30 seconds) were all on Rodgers. 

I don't mind the play call.  If the sneak or run gets stuffed there was only about 6 seconds left in the half and then we don't score at all.  The pass was bad.  Thankfully it wasn't picked.

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

On a day where their #1 pick scored a 0.0 pass blocking grade, the guy we got a round later keeps impressing. This is fantastic play from Jenkins. Takes 3 guys out of this play.

He's been wonderful this season, frankly.