Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

30 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He doesn't get a lot of help from Reiff or Elflien. He'll be ok once we overhaul the offensive line. O'Neil and Bradury are the only worthy starters. Your first rounder has been quiet this season. What is up with that?

You've seen Z and Preston twice now. You going to sit them any more than you have to?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

You had those 2 before the draft. Curious as to why the Packers picked Gary when they had other needs?

That's pretty obvious.  Upside at a premium position.  Can't have enough pass rushers.  And you can play all three at the same time, which GB is doing some of right now.

Look.  Don't get me wrong.  We all would have loved a more polished pick at #12, but GB went with a guy who has an enormous RAS score and crazy upside.  Knowing full well it would take time for him to learn how to play EDGE.  And...we are trying hard to remain patient with him.

Drafting for pure need is not the way to draft.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

That's pretty obvious.  Upside at a premium position.  Can't have enough pass rushers.  And you can play all three at the same time, which GB is doing some of right now.

Look.  Don't get me wrong.  We all would have loved a more polished pick at #12, but GB went with a guy who has an enormous RAS score and crazy upside.  Knowing full well it would take time for him to learn how to play EDGE.  And...we are trying hard to remain patient with him.

Drafting for pure need is not the way to draft.

Very true. You just don't see as many 1st rounders outside of QB's standing on the sidelines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Picked this up from Rodney

Richard Rodgers caught 58 passes for 8 TD's in 2015.

Graham, Lewis, and Tonyan have caught a combined 56 passes for 5 TD's in 2019.

To be fair that was in a passing offense. That year GB didn’t have a RB get 19 total TDs. And have another RB also have a lot of rec TDs.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

He doesn't get a lot of help from Reiff or Elflien. He'll be ok once we overhaul the offensive line. O'Neil and Bradury are the only worthy starters. Your first rounder has been quiet this season. What is up with that?

I haven't seen a first round rookie offensive lineman get tossed around like Bradbury was Monday night since Tony Mandarich was a rookie. I think I'd rather have my first rounder on the bench learning than getting embarrassed like yours was on Monday night.

If he's a worthy starter you are basing that solely on perceived upside. That is a risky proposition for a 24 year old rookie. 

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Set the world record for fastest guy drafted at pick 12 who weighed over 275 lbs with the initials R.G and wears #52

Getting into baseball stat territory here...

He is the best hitting second baseman, when facing a left handed reliever, after the seventh inning, in the first game of a double-header.  :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

you know your teams accomplishments are not impressive when you list hurting Rodgers as a top story/achievement of the decade

Honestly, this is disturbing, and part and parcel why I have hard feelings about the purples.  Outside of Barr and Moss, I’ve never actually hated the team itself.  It’s mostly the obsessed and demented fans I can’t stand.  Disclaimer - most of the Vikings fans on this forum are pretty decent.  It’s damn near every other Viking fan I’ve ever encountered that I just can’t stomach.  The above “Top five sports moment” is on par with their ridiculous and sick mentality.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Honestly, this is disturbing, and part and parcel why I have hard feelings about the purples.  Outside of Barr and Moss, I’ve never actually hated the team itself.  It’s mostly the obsessed and demented fans I can’t stand.  Disclaimer - most of the Vikings fans on this forum are pretty decent.  It’s damn near every other Viking fan I’ve ever encountered that I just can’t stomach.  The above “Top five sports moment” is on par with their ridiculous and sick mentality.

It’s an inferiority complex is all.

44 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

To be fair I'm betting Charles Martin's body slam of Jim McMahon would have been voted pretty darn high on a poll of best Packers play of the 80s.

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

It's because you have a conglomerate of tool warehouses out in the Dakotas that wish they lived in the Twin Cities Metro. They try to be hardcore with their fandom and fanboy personas of Minnesota sports that they tarnish the reputation of the average Vikings fan. In other words, your fans in the Dakotas make you look like a bunch of wankers....to put it lightly...and Paul Allen fuels the fire...