New Years Resolutions Mafia - N4 is Sunday at 10pm EST

Dome

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, I know.  That's the reason I'm taking this light-heartedly.  If there was any chance the game is changed by Dome's nonsensical application of rules that may or may not apply depending upon his slightest whim, then I am basically burning the forum to the ground to make my point.  But, there is no difference.  It goes from 5-4 to 4-2, with MWil mislynched, and a NK for a deadlock.

This game is just an expose of what happens when the risks I take every game do not pan out.  I mean, it took nearly a year for it to happen at this magnitude, but it was brutal.

I blame myself for missing the MD4L information.  On the other forums I played, the census taker essentially functions as a strongman investigation that penetrates investigation immunity.  So, I never really even considered the census was faulty.  Plus, it was phrased awkwardly, so I never really thought about it afterward.

I blame myself for ignoring all the warning signs with Malfatron because of the census (and because he did that retard **** last game as Town).

I blame myself for attributing too much credit to thread interactions related to Slappy's claim and lynch that portrayed you and Malfatron favorably.

I blame myself for having rack and Counselor down to the very last detail in my final long post, and then decided that Finn and MWil are on the same level due to meme responses.

I blame myself for going out and not reading the last four hours of the thread because I thought the game was solved and it was all smoke to cause confusion, only checking in to see if I had to vote.

I don't blame myself for the PGO play turning out poorly because the play was there.  It really was there.  I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but it objectively took a series of unfortunate breaks in the game for it to flip as it did.  Town didn't target me on its own, and I truly did try to convince Town not to target me.  At one point I even told Daboyle not to target me after lobbying for someone other than MWil to be Kingmaker.  It's a tough break, but I don't think I would do it differently if given the chance.

But, there you have it.  Loss is on me, from the thread play errors to switching my kill from Malfatron to rack to Nacho.  Almost all of the active Town put in enough to where I should have been able to get us over the goal line, and I couldn't do it.

That's why I'm sorry to Touch, Daboyle, Orca, Rick, matts, bcb, and Josh... and MWil, I guess, even though I still blame him for his erratic behavior.

But it should not all be on you to decipher the information.  Town needs to pull as a collective to contribute to process.   Mafia does that in the chat.  The game thread should serve as the "town chat"

Mwil said he had a hunch on Malfatron, but never got into the information to put it together in a manner that would have been enough to get anyone thinking that way. 

Pickle....though only around for 3 days, did not contribute to those pieces. 

Touch was active, helped some, but missed the same things as you. 

Daboyle was MIA after his kingmaker move. 

Josh....nothing. 

Wolf got modkilled. 

Bcb was only alive for 2 days, but posted little. 

Matts was helping some, but never got to live long enough.

Nacho did next to nothing

Finn was expecting updates so he could "help"

Nazgul and orca were out after day 1

-------------------

your best "helper" was Malfatron and he was not with you.  

Town has a hard time winning when not enough are pulling the same way. 

31 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, I know.  That's the reason I'm taking this light-heartedly.  If there was any chance the game is changed by Dome's nonsensical application of rules that may or may not apply depending upon his slightest whim, then I am basically burning the forum to the ground to make my point.  But, there is no difference.  It goes from 5-4 to 4-2, with MWil mislynched, and a NK for a deadlock.

This game is just an expose of what happens when the risks I take every game do not pan out.  I mean, it took nearly a year for it to happen at this magnitude, but it was brutal.

I blame myself for missing the MD4L information.  On the other forums I played, the census taker essentially functions as a strongman investigation that penetrates investigation immunity.  So, I never really even considered the census was faulty.  Plus, it was phrased awkwardly, so I never really thought about it afterward.

I blame myself for ignoring all the warning signs with Malfatron because of the census (and because he did that retard **** last game as Town).

I blame myself for attributing too much credit to thread interactions related to Slappy's claim and lynch that portrayed you and Malfatron favorably.

I blame myself for having rack and Counselor down to the very last detail in my final long post, and then decided that Finn and MWil are on the same level due to meme responses.

I blame myself for going out and not reading the last four hours of the thread because I thought the game was solved and it was all smoke to cause confusion, only checking in to see if I had to vote.

I don't blame myself for the PGO play turning out poorly because the play was there.  It really was there.  I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but it objectively took a series of unfortunate breaks in the game for it to flip as it did.  Town didn't target me on its own, and I truly did try to convince Town not to target me.  At one point I even told Daboyle not to target me after lobbying for someone other than MWil to be Kingmaker.  It's a tough break, but I don't think I would do it differently if given the chance.

But, there you have it.  Loss is on me, from the thread play errors to switching my kill from Malfatron to rack to Nacho.  Almost all of the active Town put in enough to where I should have been able to get us over the goal line, and I couldn't do it.

That's why I'm sorry to Touch, Daboyle, Orca, Rick, matts, bcb, and Josh... and MWil, I guess, even though I still blame him for his erratic behavior.

Nothing to really be sorry for. I assumed you had a reason for making that claim and IMO it was a good claim to make. That’s why I didn’t outright CC you because it seemed more like a play to try and draw in a hit (which you’ve done in a recent game, so switching up the “how” made complete sense to me). 

when you made the statement to daboyle about not targeting you was when I started thinking PGO instead of protector. 

ultimately, it’s my fault for not considering more info on the census. When Md4l claimed indy, I wrapped that side of it up. I also should have spoke a little louder on my squire read. I wanted to let it simmer some more but I was starting to not like a bcb lynch and didn’t want Matts lynched either. i went quiet in it after that because I assumed our order was racks, counselor then Finn. With mwil mixed in. 

no one to blame but ourselves but it sure as **** isn’t solely on you or even remotely close.

Edited by theuntouchable
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

But it should not all be on you to decipher the information.  Town needs to pull as a collective to contribute to process.   Mafia does that in the chat.  The game thread should serve as the "town chat"

Mwil said he had a hunch on Malfatron, but never got into the information to put it together in a manner that would have been enough to get anyone thinking that way. 

Pickle....though only around for 3 days, did not contribute to those pieces. 

Touch was active, helped some, but missed the same things as you. 

Daboyle was MIA after his kingmaker move. 

Josh....nothing. 

Wolf got modkilled. 

Bcb was only alive for 2 days, but posted little. 

Matts was helping some, but never got to live long enough.

Nacho did next to nothing

Finn was expecting updates so he could "help"

Nazgul and orca were out after day 1

-------------------

your best "helper" was Malfatron and he was not with you.  

Town has a hard time winning when not enough are pulling the same way. 

I never for a second thought the census would be wrong. I still maintain that’s not so great of a design. It’d be one thing if a player chose the right person to frame or if I had a choice of what night I could use it, but the construct of the move was broken. 

regardless of what happened n1, someone would have ended up clear off of the census. 

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I never for a second thought the census would be wrong. I still maintain that’s not so great of a design. It’d be one thing if a player chose the right person to frame or if I had a choice of what night I could use it, but the construct of the move was broken. 

regardless of what happened n1, someone would have ended up clear off of the census. 

The census being wrong is why I told Dome I was sure either you or Malf was scum. It’s also why I said if MD4L didn’t flip red scum squire was a lock. That’s 💯 on me for not pushing it more/harder and why as squire stated.

42 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

So if slappy was on that lynch line as a godfather role, should he have been included as non town?

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The census being wrong is why I told Dome I was sure either you or Malf was scum. It’s also why I said if MD4L didn’t flip red scum squire was a lock. That’s 💯 on me for not pushing it more/harder and why as squire stated.

Why was I lock scum if md4l didn't flip red?  I was not on  that lynch line.  

This is the statement made without explaining the steps and "evidence" to support it that some are trying to lay out for players. 

29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So if slappy was on that lynch line as a godfather role, should he have been included as non town?

That’s my point tho, 2 players that would have avoided the census period as well as another via a move. Someone would have ended up cleared that shouldn’t be. 

The Godfather isn’t the biggest thing I would have taken issue with. The move was designed with a flaw considering it had to be used n1. 

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

That’s my point tho, 2 players that would have avoided the census period as well as another via a move. Someone would have ended up cleared that shouldn’t be. 

The Godfather isn’t the biggest thing I would have taken issue with. The move was designed with a flaw considering it had to be used n1. 

Malfs framer would not have worked as it would have went to Orca the night it would have been used.  It was just the godfather and MD4L role that would have been an issue.  I get the frustration, but it also implies an over reliance on the night move information and ignoring thread play and posts.  

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Malfs framer would not have worked as it would have went to Orca the night it would have been used.  It was just the godfather and MD4L role that would have been an issue.  I get the frustration, but it also implies an over reliance on the night move information and ignoring thread play and posts.  

yep, night moves meant to be used as a guide.

because lawyers, gfs, and invest-immune others do exist

36 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Well, considering the move said it would tell the number of non-town on the lynch line; there’s a certain level of expectation that comes along with that. Especially given that it’s a blanket move.