New Years Resolutions Mafia - N4 is Sunday at 10pm EST

Dome

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I told you Day 1 that I didn’t believe your hard claim and that you should rethink your soft claim as it could be bad for town and draw an invest or protection. As for three phases, it was only 2. Day 3 I was kingmaker and narrowed it down to MD4L, Squire, Rackcs, and Malfatron in that order. I choose wrongly.

You said it yes.  What was the reasoning for that read?   That is part of it.

That’s fair, but what was I supposed to do? Say hey guys, I’m pretty sure Malf is the watcher and Squire is also scum based off of MD4L? I even said ahead of time if MD4L flipped non scum squire was likely a lock.

Again, why?  Connect the dots with posts and changes in how players are/are not acting.

When it became apparent after MD4L and my invest on squire failing to go along with Malf having more thread credibility and under no circumstances would anyone believe me, I went full scumbag play, not before that. 

I’m far from perfect and I understand why you think I played poorly. I thought touch was scum Day 3 because I thought he lied about the censor after the MD4L flip, and I didn’t realize what happened until it was too late ala Malfatron and his play. I own the fact that I should have openly speculated the censor fail earlier, and that’s absolutely on me.

Yes.  State why you are thinking touch was scum.  He could have been lying on his censor claim.  

--no cc of swag

--seemed a bit resistant on malf/matts.  Was more focused on me.  

--still alive that late

Those could have been points to bring up to "support "a case

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That’s absolutely fair

SwAg always goes above and beyond.

Swag goes above and beyond and that is why there are  many that will follow his case.  He makes it and supports it with posts.  

However, let’s not pretend he didn’t have his mind made up about me already by that point.

I think swag had you as 4th in the group of Rackcs, counselor, finn and Mwil.  He did not vote for Finn.    I got a bit lucky with slappy claiming deputy and not really stating that he was specific to the role.  My universal backup claim was enhanced when slappy was caught.  I had no answer for what would have happened if the cop died first.  I should have said I was a "Universal back up" or a limited backup (limited to any town not a cop).  My only answer would have been that @Dome would have had a mechanism to account for that and just said to take it up with Dome.  

I’m not nearly as good hinting at roles or connecting the dots. His slappy connection was genius. I was right about the censor but wrong about the person. I thought touch was lying and Malf was scum with him until N3, so that’s on me for not gaining enough thread credibility early on.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

You said it yes.  What was the reasoning for that read?   That is part of it.

Again, why?  Connect the dots with posts and changes in how players are/are not acting.

Yes.  State why you are thinking touch was scum.  He could have been lying on his censor claim.  

--no cc of swag

--seemed a bit resistant on malf/matts.  Was more focused on me.  

--still alive that late

Those could have been points to bring up to "support "a case

All of that is 💯 fair and I own it. I also was really struggling to articulate why I thought all of this, and to be blunt, Saturday I was at my wife’s family’s for Christmas and Sunday morning I royally messed up my knee and have been out of commission for two days. I told the doctor no to prescription pain killers and have decided to tough it out by using Aleve and ice, and some of that pain absolutely effected my temperament/meta, so @SwAg I do understand your points/criticisms, which are valid.

My Day 1-2 ply was also far from normal, and I told @Dome day 1 I was experimenting with some meta stuff and day 2 I was certain either Malf or touch was scum, hoping that the move direction recommendations and/or vote manipulation would provide clarity for which was which. I sacrificed thread credibility for my own clarity, and that was a mistake.

You said that I’m refusing to acknowledge my shortcomings, but you summed it up pretty well.  You understand why I think you played poorly.  Not that you played poorly.  I’m the one who is trying to avoid blame for my errors and poor play though.

All of that is 💯 fair and I own it. I also was really struggling to articulate why I thought all of this, and to be blunt, Saturday I was at my wife’s family’s for Christmas and Sunday morning I royally messed up my knee and have been out of commission for two days. I told the doctor no to prescription pain killers and have decided to tough it out by using Aleve and ice, and some of that pain absolutely effected my temperament/meta, so @SwAg I do understand your points/criticisms, which are valid.

Hope you had a good holiday despite the knee issue.   Let me know if you have questions on things going forward.  Happy to offer any thoughts and help with it that I can from afar.  

I understand the change in how you are feeling/what you are dealing with affects how you play......what was it 2 games ago I had my food allergy thing going on.   I am not sure how a few of you (think it was you -- @MWil23 and @theuntouchable that picked up on something).  I had no idea that was coming through in my posts, but it certainly could have because I was uncomfortable and irritated as hell IRL.

My Day 1-2 ply was also far from normal, and I told @Dome day 1 I was experimenting with some meta stuff and day 2 I was certain either Malf or touch was scum, hoping that the move direction recommendations and/or vote manipulation would provide clarity for which was which. I sacrificed thread credibility for my own clarity, and that was a mistake.

I think the experimenting is a fine thing to do, but you have to recognize that it will be picked up by others and you need to account for that as well.  

• Like 1

I will say, from the inside and knowing the moves that mafia had, town was in a tough spot after the night 1 census and who was on that lynch line.  

Malf had a framer move -- though it would have went to Orca I assume with the lightning rod.

MD4l had a 1shot invest immune (or something to that effect).  

So the census effective cleared malf in a fluke way.  If Malf or MD4L are not on that lynch line, things change drastically.  

Look at the day 1 votes.  If Daboyle is lynched, there are 2 on there.  

6 naz - naz, orca, md4l, matts, malf, daboyle

5 daboyle -mwil, pickle, counselor, rackcs, swag

1 wolf - josh

1 finneas - squire

1 matts - bcb

1 pickle - touch

1 rackcs - nacho

1 finn - finn

12 hours ago, Dome said:

Player Role Name Power(s) Wincon
@Slappy Mc Godfather Godfather, 1-shot Janitor Strongman Make up 50% of the games population
@squire12 Mafia Doctor Nightly Hit Protection (Makes tareget immune to all hits) Make up 50% of the games population
@rackcs Mafia Redirector Redirect (Force Player A to target Player B) Make up 50% of the games population
@Counselor Mafia Backup Backup to the Doctor and the Redirector. (One or the other, cannot take over both roles.) Make up 50% of the games population
@Malfatron Mafia Sleeper No Deadchat link. (1-shot Commuter, 2-shot Lawyer, 2-shot Watcher) Make up 50% of the games population
@wolfeyestrk Compare Cop 2-shot Odd Night Compare Cop Eliminate all threats
@Matts4313 Alignment Cop 3-shot Even Night Alignment Cop Eliminate all threats
@theuntouchable N1 Calculator You'll find out how many players of non-town alignment are on the D1 lynch. Eliminate all threats
@bcb1213 Jailkeeper Nightly Jailkeeper (Roleblock target, block all incoming moves) Eliminate all threats
@JoshstraDaymus Tracker Odd Night Tracker. 1-shot Self Watch. Eliminate all threats
@Nazgul Watcher 3-shot Watcher Eliminate all threats
@MWil23 Motion Sensor Nightly Motion Sensor. Find out if your target had any visitors. Find out if your target went anywhere. Eliminate all threats
@TheKillerNacho Vigilante 2-shot Vigilante, 1-shot Tracker Eliminate all threats
@SwAg Vigilante 1-shot Vigilante, 1-shot PGO Eliminate all threats
@The Orca Lightning Bolt 1-shot Lightning Bolt. Redirect all moves to you on one night. Eliminate all threats
@FinneasGage Ascetic All moves (except hits) made on you will fail. Eliminate all threats
@daboyle250 Kingmaker 1-shot Kingmaker. The player you target at night wil decide the lynch the next day. Eliminate all threats
@Pickle Rick Vanillaizer 2-shot Vanillaizer. Turns your target vanilla. Eliminate all threats
@MD4L Serial Killer Odd Night Hit. 1-shot Bulletproof. Can make one even night hit if you previously killed Mafia. Reach a 1:1:1 or 1:1 ratio to win.

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

So what were the roles @Dome?

@The Orca

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Hope you had a good holiday despite the knee issue.   Let me know if you have questions on things going forward.  Happy to offer any thoughts and help with it that I can from afar.  

If after this 1-2 week rehab and strengthening routine I still need surgery, how long could I postpone without damaging it further. Also, I’m supposed to lay 1500-2000 square feet of flooring. Would I be safe in assuming that is now a deal breaker?

I understand the change in how you are feeling/what you are dealing with affects how you play......what was it 2 games ago I had my food allergy thing going on.   I am not sure how a few of you (think it was you -- @MWil23 and @theuntouchable that picked up on something).  I had no idea that was coming through in my posts, but it certainly could have because I was uncomfortable and irritated as hell IRL.

Yep! I thought you’d understand based upon that reason.

I think the experimenting is a fine thing to do, but you have to recognize that it will be picked up by others and you need to account for that as well.  

Absolutely!

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@SwAg Vigilante 1-shot Vigilante, 1-shot PGO Eliminate all threats

@SwAg  did both nacho and matts target you N2 and die via PGO.

I was thinking you had the ability to not activate your PGO....similar to Mwil and Forge in the game dome hosted a few back....Survival school.   Rule 3.2 stated that a player could opt to make no move, but would need to notify the host of such a move.   That was my thinking for why Josh did not die N3 when we redirected him to you.

Fair to assume that you used your 1 shot vig on N1?  If you saved it, then I am surprised you would not have used it on Rackcs or counselor on N3 or N4

@SwAg  did both nacho and matts target you N2 and die via PGO.

I was thinking you had the ability to not activate your PGO....similar to Mwil and Forge in the game dome hosted a few back....Survival school.   Rule 3.2 stated that a player could opt to make no move, but would need to notify the host of such a move.   That was my thinking for why Josh did not die N3 when we redirected him to you.

Fair to assume that you used your 1 shot vig on N1?  If you saved it, then I am surprised you would not have used it on Rackcs or counselor on N3 or N4

dome posted the moveset earlier.

swag hit nacho direct