What do you think of Green Bay Head Coach Matt LaFleur?

Uncle Buck

What do you think of Matt LaFleur?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Matt LaFleur?

• Grade A - He is the new Bill Belichick, and is largely responsible for the Packers' success this season!
    • Grade B - He has done a very nice job and is better than most people think he is. He clearly has a bright future.
    • Grade C - He hasn't blown it this year, but he hasn't really done all that much to contribute to the team's success.
    • Grade D - He is below average and is mainly benefitting from a better than average roster of players.
    • Grade F - Guy is garbage and has only won games because he has had a horse shoe up his back side and has benefitted mainly from a lot of good luck this season.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

First off, I'll strongly disagree that Gute is a massive improvement over Ted. GMs with different philosophies meld perfectly to rosters at different stages. Ted Thompson with a young QB was one of the best GMs in the NFL, that 2010 team was setup for a much longer run if not for injuries. Ted is not a good late stage QB GM, he's not aggressive enough in the closing window, we made the switch at the perfect time and Gute did immediately start to push in the chips.

As far as LaFleur, we'll see, think he's a hell of a head coach as far as prep and control of a locker room go. His scheme has improved from the first month of the season to where we are now. Still needs to get Aaron Rodgers to play at a higher level.

At one time TT was a good GM but his drafts the past couple of years and his avoidance of FA told me it was time for him to retire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

IMO their record is deceiving. they haven't played like a 12 win team this season. 

If you look at the Pythagorean  / Bill James formula for "expected wins" via Pro Football Reference:
They have the 2019 Packers as a 9 - 6 team so far,  based on their models
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2019.htm

These Packers do not look "special" on any of the various predictive models, but fortunately the W / L column still rules them all

Take a look at the Sagarin ratings page below and look at the W/L  records vs Top 10 teams.
Offers some insight going into the playoffs.

http://sagarin.com/sports/nflsend.htm

7 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Weak troll job. I know you can do better!

I disagree on both counts.  I actually thought that was a halfway decent troll job.  As for the second point, I've never seen anything from him that makes me think he can do any better. 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

After that epic handshake, we don't have to wonder what Zimmer thinks of La Fleur
Rookie Head Coach is 5-0 vs the division, putting him in rare company for 2019 ( BB, Andy Reid)

Zimmer's team played like crap. Easily their worst performance all season in front of their home crowd. Has nothing to do with what he thinks of Lafleur. 100% doubt that Zimmer even thinks of him. 

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Ranked 10th on both sides of the ball.  If they get home field, it’s gonna be hard to knock them out.  49ers and Saints defenses have been looking worse and worse, while Packers defense just beat up the Vikings on the road.

I'm hopeful that the 49ers get the bye because if they do, they will largely be healed up by the time they have to play in the playoffs, which would be huge. Tartt will be back, Dee Ford, and there's even talk that Kwon Alexander could be back for the playoffs. Would be a huge boon for the 9ers. 

4 minutes ago, 808sinfour4time said:

I guess that partly explains the game plan.

You don't game plan the Packers to stop Mat Lafleur. You game plan them to stop Rodgers and Adams. It was a weak handshake but had nothing to do with his like or dislike or Lafleur