What do you think of Green Bay Head Coach Matt LaFleur?

Uncle Buck

What do you think of Matt LaFleur?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Matt LaFleur?

• Grade A - He is the new Bill Belichick, and is largely responsible for the Packers' success this season!
    • Grade B - He has done a very nice job and is better than most people think he is. He clearly has a bright future.
    • Grade C - He hasn't blown it this year, but he hasn't really done all that much to contribute to the team's success.
    • Grade D - He is below average and is mainly benefitting from a better than average roster of players.
    • Grade F - Guy is garbage and has only won games because he has had a horse shoe up his back side and has benefitted mainly from a lot of good luck this season.

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

The Packers front 7 lived in the backfield.... both in the run and the pass. Cousins played bad because the Packers played well. You give no credit to GB while meanwhile holding up a RB that hasn't ran for over 4 Y/A in his last 5 games as the difference. The Packers dominated the entire game and without uncharacteristic TOs (Something the Packers haven't done all season) it may have been over in the first half. 

Kirk Cousins is 0-9 on MNF.  

This game was definitely more about Kirk Cousins than it was Green Bay.  

He couldn't even connect with Theilen or Diggs and was throwing behind them.  

Don't even question Cook's talent.  He wasn't averaging 4 yards a carry the last five games because he was playing with an injury during that time frame.  

The dude is very injury prone, but he still rushed for over 1,000 yards this season without even playing all 16 games.  

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I was going to mention this fact. I think this is part of the poor optics for the Packers. Now, I don't know why they get hit with that but the Pats don't get hit for their blowout loss to the Ravens, but I do think that it exists. 

Honestly, I feel the same way about the Pats for the same reasons. I don't think they're as good as their record, either. A bunch of blowouts against bad teams, one score wins against formidable opponents (DAL, PHI, BUF), and losses against the leagues best teams (BAL, KC) - including a blowout @ BAL. Same goes for Green Bay. People are picking them as their NFC representative and I just don't see it. I think the first time they see a legit team in the playoffs they will get bounced. I will say though, that right now they have health going for them, which could be the difference between winning a game and going home early. The Niners and Seahawks are both battered. Even the Saints are pretty dinged up at the moment. 

59 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Honestly, I feel the same way about the Pats for the same reasons. I don't think they're as good as their record, either. A bunch of blowouts against bad teams, one score wins against formidable opponents (DAL, PHI, BUF), and losses against the leagues best teams (BAL, KC) - including a blowout @ BAL. Same goes for Green Bay. People are picking them as their NFC representative and I just don't see it. I think the first time they see a legit team in the playoffs they will get bounced. I will say though, that right now they have health going for them, which could be the difference between winning a game and going home early. The Niners and Seahawks are both battered. Even the Saints are pretty dinged up at the moment. 

I think if this was the NBA playoffs I would agree. But for the NFL playoffs you just need to win 2 games to get to the superbowl (Assuming 1st round bye). A fumble or two, a key injury, just catching a team with a few explosive plays can be the difference. I wouldn't expect the Packers to be able to beat the 49ers or Saints 4 out of 7 times. I believe they can beat either team once though and that is all they need to do. 

I think they are on the same level as the Vikings, Seahawks, & Eagles. 

On 12/27/2019 at 11:01 AM, SmittyBacall said:

Nobody expected us to win it in 2010 either.  All you need to do is get on a roll.  Get the bye and a home game in the divisional round.  I don't expect us to win it this year either but ya never know.

Obviously it's year one. I think he does a good job scripting the first series or two, and game planning. So far his more important asbect is he has this team as one. They have all bought into his one game at a time, and he was smart enough to empower Z and Rodgers to be focal leaders of the team, and handle issues in house. I think his players like to play for him, and I think he is humble enough to not mess with whats working. I also think he's good with the media.

His offense has struggled at times, but he has had Rodgers buy in, and that was one of the biggest question marks. I also like he sticks with the run. I don't think we are world beaters, but I do think we can play with most teams. Year two will tell a lot. Especially how this offense and Rodgers continue to fuse. You see improvements and honestly what more can you ask for in year one? He's a solid B. So far happy with the hire.