What do you think of Green Bay Head Coach Matt LaFleur?

Uncle Buck

What do you think of Matt LaFleur?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Matt LaFleur?

• Grade A - He is the new Bill Belichick, and is largely responsible for the Packers' success this season!
    • Grade B - He has done a very nice job and is better than most people think he is. He clearly has a bright future.
    • Grade C - He hasn't blown it this year, but he hasn't really done all that much to contribute to the team's success.
    • Grade D - He is below average and is mainly benefitting from a better than average roster of players.
    • Grade F - Guy is garbage and has only won games because he has had a horse shoe up his back side and has benefitted mainly from a lot of good luck this season.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I would have been less harsh if it wasn’t a blowout. 

I was going to mention this fact. I think this is part of the poor optics for the Packers. Now, I don't know why they get hit with that but the Pats don't get hit for their blowout loss to the Ravens, but I do think that it exists. 

For better or for worse the Patriots usually perform better in the playoffs than the Packers do. They're going to get benefit of the doubt that even with a bad loss, they'll bounce back in the post-season. The last 2 playoff losses for the Packers were pretty ugly. The last time the Patriots lost a playoff game it was by one score in the highest scoring Super Bowl ever.

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Dude, I'm sure you watched your favorite team play.

They got off with an easy win.  Minnesota went into that game handicapped.  

They'll probably get swiped their first game in the postseason.  

Easy win? You do know the Vikings weren't playing a scrimmage against themselves... It was an easy win because the Packers outplayed them and if you think Cook would have been the difference you were not watching that game. TOs in the first half made it look a lot closer than it should have been. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Easy win? You do know the Vikings weren't playing a scrimmage against themselves... It was an easy win because the Packers outplayed them and if you think Cook would have been the difference you were not watching that game. TOs in the first half made it look a lot closer than it should have been. 

Dalvin Cook would have made a significant difference. 

Even then, Cousins had his worst game of the season. 

Of course Green Bay outplayed them.  Minnesota was handicapped.  

They could have easily beat Green Bay if they had the means to.  

2 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Dalvin Cook would have made a significant difference. 

Even then, Cousins had his worst game of the season. 

Of course Green Bay outplayed them.  Minnesota was handicapped.  

They could have easily beat Green Bay if they had the means to.  

The Packers front 7 lived in the backfield.... both in the run and the pass. Cousins played bad because the Packers played well. You give no credit to GB while meanwhile holding up a RB that hasn't ran for over 4 Y/A in his last 5 games as the difference. The Packers dominated the entire game and without uncharacteristic TOs (Something the Packers haven't done all season) it may have been over in the first half. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

The Packers front 7 lived in the backfield.... both in the run and the pass. Cousins played bad because the Packers played well. You give no credit to GB while meanwhile holding up a RB that hasn't ran for over 4 Y/A in his last 5 games as the difference. The Packers dominated the entire game and without uncharacteristic TOs (Something the Packers haven't done all season) it may have been over in the first half. 

Speaking as a Vikings fan, this is the truth. The Packers dominated that game and the only reason the Vikings had any chance was the turnovers. I still think you have to attribute those TO's to the Vikings defense, but the Packers defense held the Vikings offense to generating zero points; all 10 points came off TO's. Packers defense deserves some serious credit for that win, and I don't think just having Dalvin Cook would magically make the Vikings win. The Vikings needed a completely different gameplan that accounted for their O-Line being a massive liability the whole game.

• Like 2