Week 17 Games

Leader

NOW that is funny! Some dumb *** was running around the field in the Raiders v. Broncos game and the security guard hit him so hard they needed to bring the cart on the field and take him off on a stretcher! 

EDIT: It was actually one of the security guards who got hurt. NOT FUNNY! I hope the clown on the field gets a big hefty fine and a few days in jail too! 

Edited by Golfman

Nick Wright -  I've been as down on the Patriots' Super Bowl chances as anyone, but I'm still utterly gobsmacked that they lost today. At home, 17 point favorites, with the absolutely critical 2 seed & a bye on the line, and they let Ryan Fitzmagic come to their building and punk them. Unreal.

Wonder if the Kraft news that broke took a little steam out of their sails.  Prosecutors are trying to get him on a felony now.  Up to 5 years in jail. Heavy price to pay for a handy at a massage parlor.  Why doesn't he do what other rich guys do and become a sugar Daddy?  Sure the players heard about it.  But yah losing to Miami today was criminal no excuse for that.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nick Wright -  I've been as down on the Patriots' Super Bowl chances as anyone, but I'm still utterly gobsmacked that they lost today. At home, 17 point favorites, with the absolutely critical 2 seed & a bye on the line, and they let Ryan Fitzmagic come to their building and punk them. Unreal.

If DET had Fitzmagic today it would have been GB losing the #2 seed.

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Wonder if the Kraft news that broke took a little steam out of their sails.  Prosecutors are trying to get him on a felony now.  Up to 5 years in jail. Heavy price to pay for a handy at a massage parlor.  Why doesn't he do what other rich guys do and become a sugar Daddy?  Sure the players heard about it.  But yah losing to Miami today was criminal no excuse for that.

I have a tough time imagining that many NE players give a damn on way or the other.  Maybe a few, but not many.

45 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yeah, that is the most absurd thing I've heard in a long time trying to tag felony on him for going to a whore house. A little overzealous prosecutor. 

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, that is the most absurd thing I've heard in a long time trying to tag felony on him for going to a whore house. A little overzealous prosecutor. 

Trying to make an example of him. I'm fine with it personally. The justice system is skewed enough for the rich as is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have a tough time imagining that many NE players give a damn on way or the other.  Maybe a few, but not many.

I'm sure Tommy boy took it hard since apparently it was Kraft who made sure Bill didn't ship him out in favor of Garrapolo.  Plus it's one less dude for him to make out with if Kraft goes away.

14 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Trying to make an example of him. I'm fine with it personally. The justice system is skewed enough for the rich as is. 

You don't try and put a guy in jail for 5 years for that. It is a misdemeanor for the average joe. It's not suddenly OK to put a guy in jail for 5 years because you don't like that he's rich or this or that. 

I do agree the rich and powerful have a different justice system. This isn't the way to go about fixing it. It makes it worse. 

• Like 2

On 12/25/2019 at 7:43 PM, Leader said:

Favorites List 17.0

Green Bay over Detroit (H) -  (Green Bay finishes strong and in position for the #1 NFC seed)
Buffalo (H) over New York Jets  -  (Gotta go with the better team...even if it might not have anything to play for)
Cleveland over Cincinnati (H)  -  (CIN...safe with the #1 pick might try to knock off the better Ohio team...but wont)
Kansas City (H) over Los Angeles Chargers  -  (The end of the Philip Rivers era?)
Minnesota (H) over Chicago  -  (MN needs to put the egg laying Week 16 behind them)
New England (H) over Miami  -  (Tempted to take FitzMagic here...but NE doesnt lose many late games in Foxboro)
Tampa Bay (H) over Atlanta  -  (Two teams with nothing to play for...but TB put 35 on ATL five weeks ago)
New Orleans over Carolina (H) - (Gotta go with the better team...who might not be playing their starters.....)
Oakland over Denver (H)  -  (Presuming OAK has something to play for. If for pride only...DEN will pull this out)
Los Angeles Rams (H) over Arizona  -  (The LARs finish with a win and head off into the off season)
Indianapolis over Jacksonville (H)  -  (Mediocre road team with nothing to play for against a lousy home team during the holidays)

Special Interest Games:
New York Giants (H) over Philadelphia  -  (The upset of the day)
Dallas (H) over Washington  -  (Is it possible DAL will lay down to these losers and drive a stake into Jason's corpse?)
Baltimore (H) over Pittsburgh  -  (BALT will still have enough to put PIT down)
Tennessee over Houston (H)  -  (TN gets in to the playoffs)
Seattle (H) over San Francisco  -  (Somehow, someway, SEA gets an important W. Dont know how, but I'm hoping)

Playoff Rankings:
San Francisco (13+3)
Green Bay (13+3)
New Orleans  (13+3)
Philadelphia (9+7)
Seattle (11+5)
Minnesota (10+6)

Week 17 record:  7 + 9
YTD:  153 + 96

12 hours ago, Golfman said:

So, let's say that he is convicted of the felony charge.  Is he allowed to own an NFL team? I don't think there is a precedent for this.  MLB and the NBA forced Marge Schott and Donald Sterling to sell, and I don't think they did anything actually illegal.  Would he be stripped, or would it just roll over to his son, Jonathan, who is already team President?