Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dll2000

2019 Season Thoughts

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I actually forgot they were leading that game...nonetheless you get my point...they didn't deserve to win any of those 3 games vs GB (both games) and vs Rams and Eagles.

They could have been a lot worse for sure...but they were lucky to play Lions twice without Stafford and basically a backup Vikings squad today...and they still barely won those games.

And beating the Broncos when they had no business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're going to address the OL, upgrade at TE and maybe add another burner WR to the mix. I think with that, they're going to expect playoffs or bust (pending health, of course).

2020 is going to shape the next 5-8 years of our franchise. Either Trubisky plays well and is extended, or he sucks and is let go and we draft a QB in 2021. I don't foresee any middle ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, G08 said:

They're going to address the OL, upgrade at TE and maybe add another burner WR to the mix. I think with that, they're going to expect playoffs or bust (pending health, of course).

2020 is going to shape the next 5-8 years of our franchise. Either Trubisky plays well and is extended, or he sucks and is let go and we draft a QB in 2021. I don't foresee any middle ground.

I disagree, I think we get legit competition for Mitch via draft or FA. I see him being a backup before training camp is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nads786 said:

I disagree, I think we get legit competition for Mitch via draft or FA. I see him being a backup before training camp is over.

Would be nice if we lucked out and got a Tannehill type situation.  That dude has been playing really good for the Titans ever since taking over for Mariota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, G08 said:

They're going to address the OL, upgrade at TE and maybe add another burner WR to the mix. I think with that, they're going to expect playoffs or bust (pending health, of course).

2020 is going to shape the next 5-8 years of our franchise. Either Trubisky plays well and is extended, or he sucks and is let go and we draft a QB in 2021. I don't foresee any middle ground.

Tru has to be able to hit the open receiver 20+ yards downfield to utilize a burner. 

 

I'm betting on a new QB in 2021.

 

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I disagree, I think we get legit competition for Mitch via draft or FA. I see him being a backup before training camp is over.

This is the best situation IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offense was pathetic all the way around.  Blame Mitch all you want, the o-line was bad, our skill players not that threatening outside of Robinson.  The play calling was bad.  Mitch had a couple good games, Montgomery showed promise, but we need to utilize him more.   We're not winning with MT throwing 35+times.  Last year with Burton, our offense scored 5-7 points more a game.  No TE threat really showed.  IMO with both of our 2nd round picks, we get a TE and OG.  Improve the offense and get MT more help.  Spend a day 3 pick on a back up QB who could be a starter.

Defensively, we took a hit when Hicks went down.  Our run D was bad, lack of QB pressures and sacks, lack of turnovers.  We need to draft one, preferably 2 pass rushers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Offense was pathetic all the way around.  Blame Mitch all you want, the o-line was bad, our skill players not that threatening outside of Robinson.  The play calling was bad.  Mitch had a couple good games, Montgomery showed promise, but we need to utilize him more.   We're not winning with MT throwing 35+times.  Last year with Burton, our offense scored 5-7 points more a game.  No TE threat really showed.  IMO with both of our 2nd round picks, we get a TE and OG.  Improve the offense and get MT more help.  Spend a day 3 pick on a back up QB who could be a starter.

Defensively, we took a hit when Hicks went down.  Our run D was bad, lack of QB pressures and sacks, lack of turnovers.  We need to draft one, preferably 2 pass rushers. 

Quick question, how many of you would just cut Leno outright post June 1? His dead cap according t Spotrac would be 7.5M which amounts to 3.75M spread over 2020/21. His play was an abomination over the past season and I have to think he is among the worst LT's in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, malagabears said:

Quick question, how many of you would just cut Leno outright post June 1? His dead cap according t Spotrac would be 7.5M which amounts to 3.75M spread over 2020/21. His play was an abomination over the past season and I have to think he is among the worst LT's in the NFL. 

I wouldn't cut anyone until I had someone to replace him.  As bad as Leno has played I would need that 2nd round rookie to show they can play... not just the promise he could play before I let anyone just walk away.  Let the kid or Bars compete in training camp and if they are better let him go after that, or make him a swing tackle for the year and get him off the books for 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Offense was pathetic all the way around.  Blame Mitch all you want, the o-line was bad, our skill players not that threatening outside of Robinson.  The play calling was bad.  Mitch had a couple good games, Montgomery showed promise, but we need to utilize him more.   We're not winning with MT throwing 35+times.  Last year with Burton, our offense scored 5-7 points more a game.  No TE threat really showed.  IMO with both of our 2nd round picks, we get a TE and OG.  Improve the offense and get MT more help.  Spend a day 3 pick on a back up QB who could be a starter.

Defensively, we took a hit when Hicks went down.  Our run D was bad, lack of QB pressures and sacks, lack of turnovers.  We need to draft one, preferably 2 pass rushers. 

Offensively shouldn't Nagy and Pace take some of the blame. Pace drafted White, Trubisky and Shaheen. That helps makes your offense bad when you make the wrong draft selections. Nagy should take blame for not centering the offense more around what Trubisky can do but instead make him play his offense which he doesn't fit into. Trubisky needs a strong running game  to succeed. He is not a QB that you win because of.That will get Nagy fired if he doesn't change the offense. Over Nagy's last 23 games he has averaged under 18 PPG.

 

Defensively every team would take a hit if they lose a Hicks. The Texans lose Watt and they go from giving up 85 yards a game rushing to 140 yards rushing a game.

The Bears need a SS and a DL.  As Eddie Jackson needs to play FS again.

 

How are you going to draft 2 pass rusher's after drafting a OG and TE in the 2nd round? The Bears have no picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pace should 100% take blame for the substandard offensive talent, 10 included.

He seems to be skating however as everyone focuses on 10 and Nagy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Offensively shouldn't Nagy and Pace take some of the blame. Pace drafted White, Trubisky and Shaheen. That helps makes your offense bad when you make the wrong draft selections. Nagy should take blame for not centering the offense more around what Trubisky can do but instead make him play his offense which he doesn't fit into. Trubisky needs a strong running game  to succeed. He is not a QB that you win because of.That will get Nagy fired if he doesn't change the offense. Over Nagy's last 23 games he has averaged under 18 PPG.

 

Defensively every team would take a hit if they lose a Hicks. The Texans lose Watt and they go from giving up 85 yards a game rushing to 140 yards rushing a game.

The Bears need a SS and a DL.  As Eddie Jackson needs to play FS again.

 

How are you going to draft 2 pass rusher's after drafting a OG and TE in the 2nd round? The Bears have no picks.

Who said they're taking TE and OG in round 2? TE's typically take awhile to acclimate to the NFL and I think they can probably use the Amos pick or one of the two 5's on OG. Maybe they like Coward enough to give him another shot or perhaps even Larsen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×