Head coach candidates

lavar703

58 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If he had a plan, he would've been moving on a GM earlier in the year instead of waiting until the end like this.  So that should tell us all about where this is going to end up, plus 20 years of history.  

Even hiring a GM and saying he's going to evaluate everything from the top down and keeping the coaching staff intact for another year would be better than hiring the coach first, GM second.  That's not the way the smart organizations play it.  And I could get behind that if the person truly has full control over football operations and Snyder stays out of it. 

Lately the trend is Coach first. In San Fran Shanny hired Lynch. In Oakland Gruden hired Mayock. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong I just want it to work. 

Now I’m hearing (nothing reliable) that Lewis will be hired by Snyder in a front office capacity. Based on what? He was given control of the 53 in Cincy and got fired a year (Maybe 2) later. He’s made some players out of guys with checkered pasts, but again is this how Snyder plans on re-engaging the fan base???

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

Now I’m hearing (nothing reliable) that Lewis will be hired by Snyder in a front office capacity. Based on what? He was given control of the 53 in Cincy and got fired a year (Maybe 2) later. He’s made some players out of guys with checkered pasts, but again is this how Snyder plans on re-engaging the fan base???

That’s not going to happen. 

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

Lewis has a lot of influence on personnel decisions while at Cincy. He didn’t have final say, but he had a lot of influence during the draft and free agency.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

What’s y’all a honest opinion on Rivera, I don’t know too much about him other than he’s a defensive head coach and that he had 3 winning seasons in 9 years with Carolina, though a lot on the losing seasons could be blamed on QB play and O coordinator 

I think he’s the type of guy you need as a coach. He will love, respect and treat you like a man. He we will put you in your place when needed. He gives respect and demands it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think he’s the type of guy you need as a coach. He will love, respect and treat you like a man. He we will put you in your place when needed. He gives respect and demands it. 

You give him non cocky talent his talent will rise to it's peak. Josh Norman rose to his peak under this guy by being treated as a underdog. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

What’s y’all a honest opinion on Rivera, I don’t know too much about him other than he’s a defensive head coach and that he had 3 winning seasons in 9 years with Carolina, though a lot on the losing seasons could be blamed on QB play and O coordinator 

Hes a guy that had a load of talent and resources. And spent 6 of his 9 seasons under the .500 mark like you said. And thats what he is.

Instead of going with some youth or taking a chance on guys like Lincoln Riley or Ryan Day. We retread a old nag standing in line at the glue factory to try in win the Kentucky Derby.

Edited by PARROTHEAD