Week 17 GDT - Raiders (7-8) @ Broncos (6-9) - Last game as the OAKLAND Raiders and we're fighting for the playoffs!

RaidersAreOne

Who wins on Sunday?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaidahs
    • Donkeys
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

This isn't last year.  I can't help but feel like a sell out if I "intentionally lose".  It's pride.  It's integrity.  I'll never at any point root against the Raiders.  F the draft pick.  It's a crap shoot anyway.  

You’re talking to a bunch of guys that Bet against the Raiders and rather have a high draft pick than go into the offseason 8-8 and feeling good about the program. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm thinking long term and the higher draft pick has potential for a much higher long term impact than a win today in Denver. 

This is not a legit playoff team and they don't deserve to go to the playoffs with the roster they have.  The D is embarrassing and our WR's are amongst the worst in the NFL. 

Then you can sit there with your Bronco gear on and root for that higher draft pick.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Totty said:

Then you can sit there with your Bronco gear on and root for that higher draft pick.  

I'm not rooting for Denver, I rooting for the Raiders to be a good team long term... 

I feel like a higher draft pick is potentially better for long term success than winning today in Denver.  We have to nail the pick regardless but every slot we move up in the draft theoretically poses greater long term value to the team.  Long term success is more important than 1 game...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not rooting for Denver, I rooting for the Raiders to be a good team long term... 

I feel like a higher draft pick is potentially better for long term success than winning today in Denver.  We have to nail the pick regardless but every slot we move up in the draft theoretically poses greater long term value to the team.  Long term success is more important than 1 game...

The long term effect from going 8-8 with that Roster and the injuries will far outweigh picking at 15 instead of 19.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Not when there's playoffs on the line.  IDC how minute the chances are.  It's the playoffs.  You want the team better?  Let's let this young group grow.  Learn how to succeed.  Play for each other.  No bigger stage than playoffs.  If they lose its a small drop in the draft.  I'd rather them have playoff experience over 1 guy who may or may not bust.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Meh...  The Raiders are playoff pretenders, not contenders....  To me this is obvious. 

The higher draft pick could have a greater ling term impact than a meaningless victory.  Last we we beat Zona which knocked us out of the number 2 spot and a chance to draft Bosa... Would you rather have the Zona loss and Bosa or the Zona win and Ferrell?  

So true. Bosa :/ 

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Only time I'll root for a higher pick is top 5 because that can make a difference. Top 10 if it's an insane draft but like you say we have to 'nail the pick' and even those top 5's aren't always ballers. There are 15 players deserving of the top 15 picks and teams don't go BPA as much as BPA for what they need so top 20 is a good place this year so we will probably get two of those guys. Top 12 from Cough's list and if there is a 'run' we can use a 3rd to make sure we're good. Rather win and think what could have been had refs ruled Carr down in bounds against the Jags...4-12/8-8/12-4 or at least 10-6 :D Come on Frankie, we can get a WR you like this season. 

• Like 1

We are still alive, you play to win the game.

raider fans just love their off-season mock drafts. 
rememver when a 7-9 team won their game against the saints?

remember the last time the raiders were 8-8 and made the playoffs? If not look it up.

if you are a fan, you cheer to make the playoffs. Any given Sunday. 
now if we are mathematically out, I understand the argument

i think a lot of people who want us to lose, are also hoping for another bad performance of Carr so there is still the cold weather argument. 

I can see the argument, Hope Carr plays bad so there is more evidence he can’t play in cold and we should move on. If Gruden / Mayock are on the fence maybe it’s a make or break game, so the Carr haters want to see him fail and put a nail in the coffin.

im on the fence with Carr. I want to see him rip den apart.

i can’t believe fans are actually rooting for us to lose and not make playoffs.. actually blows my mind

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

You guys act like we didn’t lose two games on last drives. 

yea, we don’t have the best team and we’re banged up. We won’t win the SB, so don’t chase the playoffs? This is a young team finding its way, if there’s hope you play to win. ****, even if we don’t you still play your *** off. 

I didnt say dont win, I always advocate winning, but winning is not a given and if we do win too much has to happen to make the playoffs when teams we need to win are resting players.