The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But we're talking about 10 years - a decade. You know, that thing that ended about three hours ago.

Stop moving the goalposts to make your argument coherent. That's two extra playoff wins in that space. It's not something I'd brag about when trying to discuss Houston vs Pittsburgh, but it's holding weight in this discussion, even if you're kicking and screaming otherwise.

I don't think you do get it.

I do get it. Believe me, I do. The only part I don't get, is why are you the one that decides where the goalposts go?

Even in the last few seasons the Titans are just as good as the Texans.

4 straight winning seasons,2 playoff berths and a playoff win since 2016 for Tennesee

So you guys have a couple more division titles that don't mean jack shat.

The Texans have been out since 2002,The Titans since 1999

Yet although you guys have just 3 fewer seasons the Titans have....

a better win percentage,

We have been to AFC Title games,X2  have the Texans NOOOOOOO

We've been to Super Bowl,X1  have the Texans NOOOOOOO

We've had the NFL best recordX2, have the Texans NOOOOOOO

We've had more than 12 wins,X3  have the Texans NOOOOOOO

Even recently we are holding our own

Shut up you look silly

Edited by The Robfather

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

I do get it. Believe me, I do. The only part I don't get, is why are you the one that decides where the goalposts go?

Because a decade was/has been a pretty acceptable measure in the NFL since... geez, forever?

You know they have All Decade teams, right? And that's been my measure since the start of this awful discussion, right? And given we just ended a decade, it's a pretty convenient way to measure who has done what, right?

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

This argument is dumb. 

I can agree with this.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Good luck against the Bills, I pray we get to see each other again this season.

Good luck against the Patriots. I'm all but certain we won't meet again, but I also hope we do too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Robfather said:

4 straight winning seasons,2 playoff berths and a playoff win since 2016 for Tennesee

a better win percentage,

Something tells me you don't understand how expansion franchises work... You keep saying the Titans started in '99, you understand that's incorrect, right? The name "Titans" came in 1999, but the franchise owned by Bud Adams (along with all of the players/coaches from the late 90s - McNair, Munchak, George, Fisher, Reese) they were around for several years before that. All football operations had been active since the 60s, actually. So you're really comparing two different situations entirety - a team that had been around for decades and moved to a new city and changed names vs a brand spanking new build up in Houston.

Sure, you won in the early 00s. Won't argue that, the Texans were still building football operations, coaching staff, front office and roster that wasn't made up of rookies and guys made available in the expansion draft back then. Hard to win when your roster is only a bunch of draft picks and no good veteran presence, and your coaching and FO are working with scraps themselves.

Once we got past the 00s ...well, that's when the Texans started to win. And that shows in the '10s, despite your "jack shat" claim.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Robfather said:

a better win percentage,

Even recently we are holding our own

Wow.

First off, its silly to claim that the Texans division titles dont mean jack, and then go on to list several things that dont really mean anything more.

Secondly, for a Titans fan, you dont seem to know your teams history.   The "Titans" name has only been around since 1999, but the Titans as a FRANCHISE (formerly the Oilers) were around since 1960.     The 2002 Texans were a completely NEW franchise, build from the ground up from castoffs of other teams.

Im not trying to argue the Texans are a more successful franchise or anything.....but your argument is really awful.     

In reality, neither team has really separated itself in terms of recent success, so its silly to argue.   Titans/Oilers have a deeper history, though.

21 minutes ago, The Robfather said:

Shut up you look silly

source.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Something tells me you don't understand how expansion franchises work... You keep saying the Titans started in '99, you understand that's incorrect, right?

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Wow.

First off, its silly to claim that the Texans division titles dont mean jack, and then go on to list several things that dont really mean anything more.

Secondly, for a Titans fan, you dont seem to know your teams history. 

source.gif

I live in Tennessee.

I got into the team the Tennessee Titans that started their inaugural season in 1999.

They even celebrated their 10th,15th and 20th anniversaries with logos like these below....

I don't really care what happened before 1999 all i know is the Tennessee Titans started playing in a brand new stadium,with a brand new name and brand new uniforms in '99 which was year one. We recently celebrated the 20th anniversary in 2018.

The Titans are all i care about.

The Oilers ceased to exist after 1998. Not to be harsh but i didn't get into the team until the name change and new start. Bud Adams did this because the majority of Tennesseans voiced their demands of wanting a new name and fresh start.

You can argue until you are blue in the face but it doesn't change the fact that the Oilers were done and ceased to exist after 1998. In 1999 there was a name change,jersey change,stadium change and year 1 of the Tennessee Titans franchise.

The Baltimore Ravens were once the Cleveland Browns as well until 1996 when they weren't the Browns anymore. Only difference is the Ravens left the Browns history in Cleveland.

Since they were emotionally attached to the name the Adams didn't leave the history in Houston they took it with them but all that happened was it was retired to the annals of history.

TITANS-anniversary-logos-590x550.jpg

Edited by The Robfather

The bickering back and forth has been pretty amusing.

And as much as it pains me to disagree with my fellow Titans fans, I do have to agree with Texans fans that winning the division is a pretty big deal. Hosting a playoff game means something. Something us Titans fans have wanted to do in over a decade. It's easy to say winning the division doesn't mean much, when you're not the one winning said division.

Having said all that, for all the division titles the Texans have won the past decade, they're pretty much at the same spot they were at the start of 2010s as they are at the end of it. Stuck as team that's best case scenerio is winning a wildcard  game but losing in the divisional round. It'll be interesting to see if they can take that next step in the 2020s as legit SB contenders.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Robfather said:

The Titans are all i care about

That's fine, but you're ignoring that this was an already created team and FO - while the Texans had to be built up from scratch, with replacement level players everywhere for the first few years. 

You can care about whatever you want to care, but facts are facts and ignoring facts to suit your argument only works for you - and nobody else.