The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mitch Trubisky, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Most of the Rookies, Andy Dalton, even Derek Carr are all much better than Marcus Mariota. Mariota has the football IQ of a toad and does not make progressions and has absolutely zero accuracy. 

Even though @ET80 has been critical of the Titans in this thread, we are the only two that accurately predicted before the season started that Titans would bench Mariota Mid Season with a losing record, and make the playoffs as a Wildcard with Ryan Tannehil. 

Mariota brings us all together in unity as we can all agree on something. He is one of the worst multiple-season starting QB’s in NFL History. And perhaps one of the worst in general. He is absolutely terrible. 

no, this is an awful opinion. 

3 minutes ago, x0x said:

What? Tannehill passed for 70 and 80 yards in these playoff games. Without Derrick Henry having half the monster games he's had these are probable losses.

And I'm not taking your statement about worst 2 season starting QB but I just want to know how you even think to go that far?

Tannehill was sluggish vs the Pats(though his throw to Firkser and rushing first down late in the game were big), but he played a really good game today despite the limited opportunities. It's a fine example of how just looking at stats to compare things doesn't really work.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, x0x said:

What? Tannehill passed for 70 and 80 yards in these playoff games. Without Derrick Henry having half the monster games he's had these are probable losses.

And I'm not taking your statement about worst 2 season starting QB but I just want to know how you even think to go that far?

Teams respect Tannehil. Henry averaged 3.0 YPC with Mariota. Tannehil had the 4th highest QB Rating in NFL History. Henry and Tannehil are at least equal to each others success. 

As for Mariota, have you not watched him play? Stop box score scouting. Absolutely terrible with progressions, terrible accuracy, and dumb as rocks.

The only QB that started a game this year that is worse than Mariota is Josh Rosen. Slowest mental processor I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by BayRaider

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As for Mariota, have you not watched him play? Stop box score scouting. Absolutely terrible with progressions, terrible accuracy, and dumb as rocks.

The only QB that started a game this year that is worse than Mariota is Josh Rosen. Slowest mental processor I’ve ever seen. 

People should study this game as an example of stats don't always lead to winning.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201811260htx.htm

Mariota had a 147.7 rating and led his team to 17 AND ONLY 17 points.

He did everything you need to do to lose a game but look good in the box score.

Who goes 22 of 23 but is 4 for 12 on 3rd down?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

People should study this game as an example of stats don't always lead to winning.

Agreed. Any QB can have good stats these days. Mariotas box scores aren’t bad. But if you watch 95% of his games, and I mean all of it not frickin Redzone/Highlights like some of these people here do, he is terrible. He can’t make progressions and his accuracy is absolutely abysmal. He misses 5+ wide open guys every game. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 12/29/2019 at 2:55 PM, wackywabbit said:

I think they are too buzzy to be honest. They were outplayed by Houston at home in their current iteration. Houston is the "worst" division winner in the AFC. I'd take the Bills over them too. So... 6 seed seems right to me. 

Talk to me if they actually beat NE. 

They more then talked to you. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

How am I just now seeing this thread. 

And why are their 19 pages PRIOR to the Titans v Patriots matchup and only 3 pages since????? Seriously? Were there 19 pages of people talking **** on the Titans that are now hiding after they looked dominant against the presumed best team in the NFL?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Any QB can have good stats these days. Mariotas box scores aren’t bad. But if you watch 95% of his games, and I mean all of it not frickin Redzone/Highlights like some of these people here do, he is terrible. He can’t make progressions and his accuracy is absolutely abysmal. He misses 5+ wide open guys every game. 

QBR seemed to be more reflective of his true performance.  He had only a 44.0 QBR that game.

In the past year the Raptors won the NBA Championship, the St Louis Blues won the Stanley cup and the Washington Nationals won the Stanley cup. All three had never won a championship prior, and all overcame long odds to do it.

I was hoping that it would be the Vikings overcoming long odds to win their first Super Bowl, but it is clear today that the honor this year will be the Titans.