The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

4 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

Except they'd be 11-4 going in today with the Texans at 10-5, and Texans would have actually played their starters with the division on the line.

The Texans beat this exact Titans team two weeks ago. In Nashville. I should know, I got to watch the game in person.

And if the Texans win again today in that scenario at home... turns out they're 11-5 and Tennessee is 11-5, and the Texans would have the season sweep. Still division champs.

It'd boost Tennessee to the 5 seed (for a third game against the Texans in 4 weeks, lol), but Tannehill alone doesn't make them a bye-worthy team.

{It was a close game two weeks ago. One I think the Titans could easily win. I think it's definitely a stretch to say the Texans could definitely beat them again. A big one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

{It was a close game two weeks ago. One I think the Titans could easily win. I think it's definitely a stretch to say the Texans could definitely beat them again. A big one.

Not really, no. Titans managed to take a lead for about four minutes, but the Texans dominated in all three phases of the game.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Your fear is so obvious

I feel bad for you

I'm trembling...

Our 2nd string just played them incredibly close, so I don't have any sort of worry about the Titans showing up in any capacity.

Only thing that might be worse than BoB is a guy from the BoB coaching tree, Mike Vrabel. I'm positive the Texans waltz into the next round in a hypothetical Titans/Texans game, and you guys know I rarely play UP the Texans in any matchup. Titans don't have the defense to contain the Texans for four quarters, and the Titans strength on offense is exactly what the Texans stop - the power run game. Derrick Henry has kryptonite, and his name is Zach Cunningham.

Texans win, handily.

Now go and enjoy that pick in the late 20s.

• Like 1

But it's also a stretch to say that the Titans definitely win this one, either. In fact, given evidence, they'd still be underdogs. It's not 100-0 Houston, yeah, but it's closer to 60-40 Houston than 60-40 Tennessee at full strength.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

One of the hottest teams in the league?  Are we talking about the same TEN team that is coming off consecutive home losses after having the division title in sight?

The loss last week was to the team that had the best chance of making the SB for the NFC, and that could have been a win if Boger's crew didn't miss an obvious unnecessary roughness penalty

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm trembling

Our 2nd string just played them incredibly close, so I don't have any sort of worry about the Titans showing up in any capacity.

Only thing that might be worse than BoB is a guy from the BoB coaching tree, Mike Vrabel. I'm positive the Texans waltz into the next round in a hypothetical Titans/Texans game, and you guys know I rarely play UP the Texans in any matchup.

Texans win, handily.

Now go and enjoy that pick in the late 20s.

I will

and the top 10 pick next year

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I will

and the top 10 pick next year

Along with that 32 we'll be giving you. Your own top 10 pick should be good to watch Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields get snagged before you pick...

Who knows, Tua's hip might be better by then.

i think my prediction of the top 10 pick from you guys is more likely, 100 fold.

That's given - there are 10 picks in the top 10, only one SB winner.

This is a Booger McFarland take right here. For shame.

• Like 1