You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

47 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not gonna lie kinda scared carr will ruin a rookie #1 wr by ignoring him like he did coop

call me crazy but I don’t think carr would be a good teacher to a young qb

He ruined cooper by giving him 158 catches 2,200 yards and 11 TDs in his first 2 Seasons. Amari is an average WR2. He is THE MOST inconsistent WR in the NFL. He is the same Harry Houdini in Dallas that he was in Oakland.

He doesn’t love football, he loves what football gives him. No Heart. No Passion. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Carr is in love with completion percentage he think those 5 yard dumps makes him look good.

If you think Carr cares about any stat except wins and losses you are a fool. 

He plays within the system. Get over it.

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Again call me crazy but I think Carr’s personality dictates his chemistry with wrs and I can see why carr and hunter click.

Makes sense. Also had chemistry with Crabs and James Jones. Maybe we just need to trade for Adams. People worry about Lamb's speed but he'd be a good fit for the 3 yard quick pass.

EDIT Personality is why I wouldn't want OBJ. 

Edited by G

15 minutes ago, G said:

Makes sense. Also had chemistry with Crabs and James Jones. Maybe we just need to trade for Adams. People worry about Lamb's speed but he'd be a good fit for the 3 yard quick pass.

EDIT Personality is why I wouldn't want OBJ. 

Oh yea imagine carr and obj... in Vegas naw not gonna happen 

I trust mike may to find good prospects tho 

and I’m talking about post the $ carr. college carr loved wrs iirc Adams, burse? averaging 50 throws a game straight gunslinger what happened to that guy that’s who I want

I’d live with 30ts/15ints

cause that also opens up the running game 

after the $ he was done imo next Andrew luck I can’t see him playing 5 more years prolly catch on as a backup like his bro maybe get a ring that way 

I honestly thought our wrs were serviceable and ignored by carr imagine Brees ignoring colston cause he was a nobody. 

I honestly thought our o line played very good I remember one play Trent blocked for so long he just stood there with carr behind him and I think it ended up being a check down after about 7 seconds 

last game was a perfect example of our defense imo trying to hold a team down forever until the offense can score 

how many games can we legit say carr carried the team start to finish to a w... since 2016. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

He ruined cooper by giving him 158 catches 2,200 yards and 11 TDs in his first 2 Seasons. Amari is an average WR2. He is THE MOST inconsistent WR in the NFL. He is the same Harry Houdini in Dallas that he was in Oakland.

He doesn’t love football, he loves what football gives him. No Heart. No Passion. 

You are spot on.  Super inconstant #2 that can't be the focal point of an O.  Someone else who understands football and can critically watch him play unlike these other homers.  

What blows my mind is how much the media jocks this guy.  You would think he is the next coming of Jerry Rice the way they hype him up.  I think that most people in the media are force fed information that they vomit all over lazy and uneducated fans  The fans all follow and start to believe things like, "Cooper is one of the best WR's in the NFL".   Anyone who actually watches Cooper knows he is extremely inconsistent. and is no where close to an elite #1  

We fleeced Dallas by stealing their 1st round pick and  sticking them with a 20 million number 2 WR.  Absolutely stellar move by the Raiders.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh yea imagine carr and obj... in Vegas naw not gonna happen 

I trust mike may to find good prospects tho 

and I’m talking about post the $ carr. college carr loved wrs iirc Adams, burse? averaging 50 throws a game straight gunslinger what happened to that guy that’s who I want

I’d live with 30ts/15ints

cause that also opens up the running game 

after the $ he was done imo next Andrew luck I can’t see him playing 5 more years prolly catch on as a backup like his bro maybe get a ring that way 

I honestly thought our wrs were serviceable and ignored by carr imagine Brees ignoring colston cause he was a nobody. 

I honestly thought our o line played very good I remember one play Trent blocked for so long he just stood there with carr behind him and I think it ended up being a check down after about 7 seconds 

last game was a perfect example of our defense imo trying to hold a team down forever until the offense can score 

how many games can we legit say carr carried the team start to finish to a w... since 2016

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Edited by OG_C2X

Just now, OG_C2X said:

averaging 50 throws a game straight gunslinger what happened to that guy that’s who I want

He grew up and matured and realized it's easier to win games by limiting mistakes. I would rather carr throws 17 TDs and 0 INTs then 30TDs and 15INT

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You are spot on.  Super inconstant #2 that can't be the focal point of an O.  Someone else who understands football and can critically watch him play unlike these other homers.  

What blows my mind is how much the media jocks this guy.  You would think he is the next coming of Jerry Rice the way they hype him up.  I think that most people in the media are force fed information that they vomit all over lazy and uneducated fans  The fans all follow and start to believe things like, "Cooper is one of the best WR's in the NFL".   Anyone who actually watches Cooper knows he is extremely inconsistent. and is no where close to an elite #1  

We fleeced Dallas by stealing their 1st round pick and  sticking them with a 20 million number 2 WR.  Absolutely stellar move by the Raiders.  

The guy is one of quickest WRs, is regarded as top 3 route runners if not the best, and statistically one of the best in the league.  He was hurt for a lot of games this season, continued to play at less than 100% and was still a top ten WR.  He can disappear in games the same way 99% of WRs can.  What is it that makes him such a horrible WR to you because he is the best WR talent wise we have had since Moss.  Funny thing is his numbers compared to Moss are very similar and Moss would also disappear for entire games.  If we fleeced Dallas how often is a "true #1 WR" is taken towards the end of the 1st round?  Getting a first for a WR we are not going to utilize because of our QB is a smart move but getting rid of a talent to only replace the QB he had no chemistry with a year and a half later because the QB was the problem is stupid.  Cooper might have not resigned with us because he did not want to be on this team but stop bashing the guy because he is not Michael Thomas or Julio Jones.  He has played well in Dallas and I do not think Dak is much better than Carr but they do have better chemistry and Dak plays with heart like Carr did before he broke his leg.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

He grew up and matured and realized it's easier to win games by limiting mistakes. I would rather carr throws 17 TDs and 0 INTs then 30TDs and 15INT

He might truly believe this but that is a huge problem I have with him.  Sometimes you must attempt the play with extra risk because you lose with the safe play also.  Limiting mistakes is good but you have to let the game circumstances dictate the acceptable level of risk.  He goes from live to fight again on the next play to we will get the W next week and then we can make the playoffs next year.  At some point he needs to make a stand or the team needs to go in another direction.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Easier to win games by limiting mistakes but he's #2 all time losing QB in his 1st 6 years? Makes no sense

• Like 2

6 hours ago, G said:

It's interesting that we have a QB that we want to take more chances/risks and sling the rock when a lot of QB's are usually frustrating coaches that they take too many chances and give it back to the other team...HUMMM...

When limiting mistakes is resulting in virtually going scoreless in 2nd halfs of games, I don't see how could anyone tolerate that.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

And with teams like New England, Baltimore, Buffalo, and Kansas City all looking like they'll be in the AFC playoff picture for a while, it's hard to have faith in Carr being able to get us over the hump. 

What does Houston, KC, Baltimore, Buffalo have in common? They all are in playoffs now. Also, they took the chance to replace their middling QB with 1st round QBs while building their team out with a rookie contact scale.

5 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

You literally described Derek Carr. Such irony.

• Like 3