If your HC just got fired, check in here

Matts4313

This thread is to give details on the rest of your staff. 

• Who will stay
  • Who will go
  • Who is good
  • Who sucks
  • What is their specialty
  • Are they alignment specific?

I will start as I assume the Cowboys will be firing most of their staff:

Garrett => HC. Strengths are environment, culture, talent scouting (RKG - Right kind of guys). He did wonders for team direction. He was a decent OC - ran a power run game and air croyell. So basically the 90's offenses.  His faults: Everything to do with actual coaching. He sucks at game planning, game management, adjustments. He had all that stripped away. Best suited for a dumpster team that needs to go from horrible to generally competitive. Or really, he needs to go in the front office. He would be an amazing GM. 

Moore => OC, first year and our offense improved *dramatically*. I hope we retain him. His nickname is boy genius. Dont know what his playbook is because he ran Linehans. But apparently he made his own playbook in college with Peterson. 

Kitna => QB coach. I think he will be retained as well. Dak had over 5000 total yards and 30+ TDs. And all the efficiency stats are top 5-10. His footwork improved and he changed his throwing motion. So he seems like a QB Coach god after 1 season. 

Colombo => OL Coach. He has only had the job for 14 months and the OL this year was better than last year. That said, other teams said they could tell our plays by OL stances.... So I dont know if he is refined. Probably will be available. 

Brown => RB coach. The results seem to be good, so I guess he is good. But if he has any say in the running game (play design) then I want him gone. 

Sanjay => WR coach. Lot of negative press about him. And out team leads the NFL in drops. But he developed Gallup? Probably fired.

Nussmeier => TE coach. I dont think he is does anything, Witten was a developed product before him. Probably fired.

Marinelli =>Co-DC/DL coach. He is a really good DL coach, but I am 95% sure he is retiring. 

Bloom => LB Coach. Ive never heard of a coach being benched before, but apparently we didnt let him attend a game this season. Hes fired. He is an eberflus guy, so he will end up in Indy.

Richard => Co-DC/Secondary. Very very disappointing regression in our secondary. He did wonders with our CBs year 1; but I understand why the Seahawks fired him.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

Kitchens: HC

Monken: OC

Wilks: DC

giphy.gif

Wilks is low key arguably the worst DC I have ever seen in Cleveland. Running single high cover 3 with a young dynamic second year CB coming off of a pro bowl rookie season in Ward and Greedy who was drafted for his man/press man abilities. Throw in awful DL play and zero semblance of creative blitz packages or looks at all, and he’s terrible.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Kitchens: HC

Monken: OC

Wilks: DC

Wilks is low key arguably the worst DC I have ever seen in Cleveland. Running single high cover 3 with a young dynamic second year CB coming off of a pro bowl rookie season in Ward and Greedy who was drafted for his man/press man abilities. Throw in awful DL play and zero semblance of creative blitz packages or looks at all, and he’s terrible.

Great... just what I wanted to read with rumors of him reuniting with Rivera. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like some of you are not understanding what this thread is for (cough cough @ET80); and for those of you that do, you are giving some pretty short answers. Most teams have at least ~8-10 important coaches, but yall are listing just a couple dudes. 

Yeah, I don't care.

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Someones grumpy they dont get to see their coach fired. 

On the day BOB gets fired, I am going to lock every single thread except for the "Texans fire Bill O'Brien" thread. We shall all bask in that glory for a day.

• Like 6