Wildcard Round: VIKINGS (10-6) at Saints (13-3)

swede700

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I hope we both take care of business next week a Packers Vikings NFC championship would be epic. Who would of thought the two most inconsistent teams could be in this position 

Like we say at home, "Don't count yur chickens before they're stolen"...I mean, we are getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves here!

16 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

@swede700 get the game day thread started. Us fans are ready 

I thought about jumping on and creating it last night, but that thought lasted about 30 seconds.  I actually didn't watch the game live, as I had gone out of town for a wedding and drove back during the game.  I'll create it here shortly.

If the Vikings do beat the 49ers, however, I will jump on after the Seahawks-Packers game to create the next thread.  xD

Edited by swede700

So, I'm not going to go back and read through everything, but, I wanted to toss in a few thoughts on the game.

That, I think, was about the most complete Vikings game we've seen this year. Thielen getting off to a rough start was about the downside of the game. You can easily argue that there are games the Vikings dominated more, but when facing off against an opponent of the Saints level, that was a complete game from offense to defense, to special teams. And it was a complete game where I don't feel like Zimmer made any changes in the second half. They had planned everything out so well ahead of time with the game plan that they were able to stick with it the whole way through. The moving Hunter/Griffin into the middle was a great wrinkle, especially with the lack of depth we have at DT and the depth we have at DE. Also, "resting" Cook was great to end the season. Considering how much he'd been getting used during the season, he needed that time off. I'll be curious to see how they do next week. If they play like they did yesterday, they can beat anyone, if things fall apart at all, they are very beatable.

11 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

That, I think, was about the most complete Vikings game we've seen this year. Thielen getting off to a rough start was about the downside of the game. 

Did you happen to see the research tweet last night that said that the last 3 teams to fumble the ball on an opening possession of a playoff game went on to win the Super Bowl?    They were the 2017 Philadelphia Eagles, 2013 Seattle Seahawks and the 2012 Baltimore Ravens.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Did you happen to see the research tweet last night that said that the last 3 teams to fumble the ball on an opening possession of a playoff game went on to win the Super Bowl?    They were the 2017 Philadelphia Eagles, 2013 Seattle Seahawks and the 2012 Baltimore Ravens.  

I'm not holding my breath, but hilarious stat.

5 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Why did the stupid Cowboys have to hire a coach TODAY?

Been searching up and down the sports channels for some talk about the game and it's wall to wall Cowboys talk. Non friggin' stop.

Good...makes the Vikings more under the radar...just the way we like it.  

Jerry always likes to make every conversation about himself (like someone else I know), so it shouldn't come as a surprise that they're talking Cowboys.   

11 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Why did the stupid Cowboys have to hire a coach TODAY?

Been searching up and down the sports channels for some talk about the game and it's wall to wall Cowboys talk. Non friggin' stop.

The mainstream media is trash these days anyway. Shouldn’t be a surprise that the Cowboys would be sensationalized instead of talking about substance like recent playoff games.

18 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Is it hypocritical of me to say that it wasn't OPI by Rudolph but still say Drew Pearson pushed off?

No, because Drew Pearson's push-off was far more obvious, considering he basically pushed the guy to the ground.