Brushmyhairs First official mock upon the draft order being established

brushmyhair

The main reason that trade for the Chargers never happens is that if the Giants are willing to deal the pick, guarantee you as soon as they hear Tom Telesco's best offer they turn around and call Miami and tell them to beat it, because the Dolphins have way more ammo to do so.  I know you're basing this on the premise that Miami would be now tanking for Trevor, but with them having seen how it's not quite so easy to tank themselves into the #1 or #2 overall pick, if they're able to get a deal done to get Tua (who was their espoused target from jump this season), I doubt a GM from the New England tree makes that gamble twice running.

19 minutes ago, The LBC said:

The main reason that trade for the Chargers never happens is that if the Giants are willing to deal the pick, guarantee you as soon as they hear Tom Telesco's best offer they turn around and call Miami and tell them to beat it, because the Dolphins have way more ammo to do so.  I know you're basing this on the premise that Miami would be now tanking for Trevor, but with them having seen how it's not quite so easy to tank themselves into the #1 or #2 overall pick, if they're able to get a deal done to get Tua (who was their espoused target from jump this season), I doubt a GM from the New England tree makes that gamble twice running.

The dolphins have a few first round picks for next year. Miami may have the ammo, but i doubt they fork over the chunk the giants want to move up 1 spot. The Giants know the chargers are desperate to make a splash that'll put butts in the seats of the new stadium. The Giants will try to pull a SF CHI one spot trade, but the dolphins will look back on the total gaffe that trade became and get cold feet.

Edited by brushmyhair

1 minute ago, brushmyhair said:

The dolphins have a few first round picks for next year. Miami may have the ammo, but i doubt they fork over the chunk the giants want to move up 1 spot. The Giants know the chargers are desperate to make a splash that'll put ***** in the seats of the new stadium. The Giants will try to pull a SF CHI one spot trade, but the dolphins will look back on the total gaffe that trade became and get cold feet.

You base this off what exactly?  Dean Spanos and Tom Telesco are extraordinarily arrogant.  Spanos legitimately doesn't think he's doing/done anything wrong in his entry into LA.  Telesco and Lynn have both said they're fully comfortably rolling into 2020, if necessary, with Tyrod Taylor as the starter.  Tua is almost certain not to play in 2020, particularly for a team like LAC or Miami who both have vets they could start for a year to make sure he has a chance to fully heal up.  The thing is, you don't trade up for injured players, you sit and wait and take them if they fall to you.  There is minimal if any evidence to suggest teams actually trading up to acquire prospects carrying injuries that were going to keep them out for a season.

Truth be told, Gettleman is an old school GM.  OT is one of those milestone franchise positions that old school GM's don't risk trading back and hoping to still be able to get (hence why he was willing to sit and take Daniel Jones where he did when he, very likely, could have taken a modest trade-back and still gotten him).  I would see Detroit as far more likely to move back (not if Young is on the board obviously, but if Washington takes Young, which they should) than the Giants are.

28 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You base this off what exactly?  Dean Spanos and Tom Telesco are extraordinarily arrogant.  Spanos legitimately doesn't think he's doing/done anything wrong in his entry into LA.  Telesco and Lynn have both said they're fully comfortably rolling into 2020, if necessary, with Tyrod Taylor as the starter.  Tua is almost certain not to play in 2020, particularly for a team like LAC or Miami who both have vets they could start for a year to make sure he has a chance to fully heal up.  The thing is, you don't trade up for injured players, you sit and wait and take them if they fall to you.  There is minimal if any evidence to suggest teams actually trading up to acquire prospects carrying injuries that were going to keep them out for a season.

Truth be told, Gettleman is an old school GM.  OT is one of those milestone franchise positions that old school GM's don't risk trading back and hoping to still be able to get (hence why he was willing to sit and take Daniel Jones where he did when he, very likely, could have taken a modest trade-back and still gotten him).  I would see Detroit as far more likely to move back (not if Young is on the board obviously, but if Washington takes Young, which they should) than the Giants are.

I'd assume the Giants would be more likely to trade back based on not wanting to make a reach pick at 4

4 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

xDxDxD

Good one!

You lost to them at Levi's already and you almost lost up at Century Link. It's funny, I have a few friends that are 49er fans, and they like to crown themselves super bowl champons every time they make the playoffs before the games are even played. Is that a common theme amongst 49er fans. Anyway, no team likes playing someone 3 times in the same season. The vikings aren't beating the Saints and the Eagles aren't beating Seattle, so you guys are set up for an inevitable collision course

On 12/30/2019 at 2:27 PM, brushmyhair said:

Miami is trying to build a foundation for the real prize, 2021 QB Trevor Lawrence. All those trades have given them the opportunity to do so.

If that's the case, they need to pick offensive linemen and or trade down for future picks.

Brown is interesting as he'd command double teams freeing up an OLB or DE, but we already have Davon Godchaux and Christian Wilkins. Lamb doesn't make much sense with DeVante Parker finally breaking out and the development of Preston Williams. Okwara is more of a day 2 pick imo and I'd scream if we passed on Jedrick Willis although I doubt he makes it past #20.