Tom Time

Shady Slim

Brady 2020  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady next season is going to...

• Retire
    • Play on for NE
    • Play on for Someone Else (say)

1 hour ago, theJ said:

NE doesn't have a ready option in place, and aren't in a position in the draft to take one that's ready to start.

They'll work out a deal with him, and try one more time to find his replacement while he plays out his final year or two (i think it'll be two years).

To be clear though it’s far more likely a departure is all on TB12 than NE here.   NE would be crazy to think they can do better in 2020 (long term sure).   TB12 on the other hand wouldn’t be crazy to think there are 2-3 better places to prove whatever he feels is still left undone (in his IG post).  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

I understand what you're saying and it makes sense to some degree. I think part of it too is that the better you are, the less Bill wants to compliment you.

...Have you heard him talk about LT?? He needs to change his drawers halfway through.

8 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

There are plenty of examples where BB and Brady work together a lot on things as well. They have a lot of respect for each other.

Even considering all those things, BB wants what is best for the team and if Brady is asking for more money this year I can understand the hesitation. But Kraft loves Brady.

They have a fine working relationship, plenty of "respect". I don't think they particularly like the other one though. I don't think it's at all ridiculous, or a hot take, or PURE conjecture to say that Bill would love the opportunity to reload a fresh program with a new guy under center.

You are right that Kraft LOVES Brady. That's for real. So if Tom is for real, or can at least sell his bluff as legit, perhaps Kraft does cave in the 11th hour and pay him more than BB wants. However, then you have to consider what this does to BB's relationship with Kraft and the franchise. There are murmurs that he might be open to a change of scenery too at some point.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I see what you're saying, but this is classic Bill in the sense that he loves talking about actual football; plays, players, moment, tactics etc. He hates EVERYTHING else. Discussing one player's injury (because that's who Tom is to him, a player) that didn't actually have any bearing on the game constitutes as 'everything else'. It's like when he was asked about an Edelman off-field incident, he just shut it down worse than that. IMO - nothing to see there.

...now about Guerrero though...

As I said, any one incident that I can find and point out can easily be dismissed. It's the sum total though, that is convincing to me.

And I don't think Tom's injury had no bearing on the game. I think it changed the offensive approach, out of the gate any way. He had to see how it would hold up during the game. If anything, it's the Bill HATES talking about injuries, but why specifically be like...*scoff* "it's not open heart surgery!" That's not saying nothing. That's saying SOMETHING. How easy would it be to say "It didn't surprise me at all. Tom is probably the toughest football player I've coached, and I had no doubt that he would come through with a big day. His durability and heart is part of what makes him the best quarterback in the league." Not difficult.

And he absolutely detests Guerrero, haha! He'd send that dude through a 6th story window if he could make it look like an accident.

41 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

What about the Colts? 

Dome team, strong offensive line, lots of cap space, great GM and coach (and a coach that will play to his strengths)

They could add a couple more pieces in free agency and the draft and really be a dangerous team 

Not bad. Do they have cap space for two QB's, although I don't know what they pay Jacoby

Edited by Split the Sticks

5 hours ago, DannyB said:

...Have you heard him talk about LT?? He needs to change his drawers halfway through.

I don’t think Bill gasses any player on his team while they’re active. He’s coached elite players and never talked them up too much until they were off the team or retired.

He called Moss the smartest receiver he’s ever coached...a few months ago. 

29 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I don’t think Bill gasses any player on his team while they’re active. He’s coached elite players and never talked them up too much until they were off the team or retired.

He called Moss the smartest receiver he’s ever coached...a few months ago. 

Okay but I literally just posted an example of him slobbing over Amendola while he was on the team.

Why are people SOOO reluctant to admit that BB and Tom don't really have the happiest of relationships?? 

9 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Okay but I literally just posted an example of him slobbing over Amendola while he was on the team.

Why are people SOOO reluctant to admit that BB and Tom don't really have the happiest of relationships?? 

You “literally” (pet peeve: misuse of this word) posted a single memory of yours. Even taken at face-value, a 30-second comment doesn’t refute that Bill generally doesn’t gush over players he currently has on his team. He’ll do it over opponents, over retired players, over former players, but usually not over guys he currently has playing for him. Even assuming you offer zero exaggeration (which seems generous at this point given what you’ve put out ITT), the keyword is usually. 

I don’t think they have a perfect relationship. I just think a large majority of the comments and speculation is laughable and baseless.

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You “literally” (pet peeve: misuse of this word) posted a single memory of yours. Even taken at face-value, a 30-second comment doesn’t refute that Bill generally doesn’t gush over players he currently has on his team. He’ll do it over opponents, over retired players, over former players, but usually not over guys he currently has playing for him. Even assuming you offer zero exaggeration (which seems generous at this point given what you’ve put out ITT), the keyword is usually. 

I don’t think they have a perfect relationship. I just think a large majority of the comments and speculation is laughable and baseless.

Oh well now you're changing what you originally said, then.

I've heard him expound on Gronk, on Jules, I think Slater, Hightower, McCourty.

You don't have to agree, but if you've been paying enough attention, to call it "laughable" and "baseless" is absurd. You may not think it's correct, but it's far from that.

10 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Oh well now you're changing what you originally said, then.

I said he never gasses them up/talks them up too much. The way he talks about Reed, LT, Moss? Yeah, never with current Patriots.

I've heard him expound on Gronk, on Jules, I think Slater, Hightower, McCourty.

And I’ve heard him “expound” on Brady.

You don't have to agree, but if you've been paying enough attention, to call it "laughable" and "baseless" is absurd. You may not think it's correct, but it's far from that.

It is laughable and baseless. People with similar opinions as your own are reading between the lines and hanging on every word, every tone of voice inflection, etc. and then pretending like it has meaning. All from a guy who is usually a near-mute with the media.

If all you’re going to the table is, essentially, “he doesn’t compliment Brady enough” as proof - then that’s pretty baseless. And yeah, I’m laughing over here, so I’m gonna call it laughable too.