Tom Time

Shady Slim

Brady 2020  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady next season is going to...

• Retire
    • Play on for NE
    • Play on for Someone Else (say)

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

What the hell are you even talking about? Gisele said it in the "docu-series" that Tom has absolute final editorial control over. Are people so naive to think that doesn't mean anything? Jesus.

I don't think it's strange to ask to hear how Tom said what he said. One gets way more context when you hear what someone says instead of just reading what they said. You don't know if someone says something in a serious manner, or a jovial manner. Their body language or whatever. The quote you displayed here about him wanting to be appreciated at work, I didn't take that as him implying that he isn't. Like at all. 

Edited by PapaShogun

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I don't think it's strange to hear how Tom said what he said. One gets way more context when you hear what someone says instead of just reading what they said. You don't know if someone says something in a serious manner, or a jovial manner. Their body language or whatever. The quote you displayed here about him wanting to be appreciated at work, I didn't take that as him implying that he isn't. Like at all. 

The episode it appeared on was the last episode in the series. It was SUPPOSED to be celebrating another SB victory, but in twisted case of hubris, was delayed and had to be reshot because the Patriots lost to Nick freaking Foles.

So, the last episode of the series instead takes on a more muted tone, more contemplative of what comes next, almost elegiac. And it's in this vein that Gisele mentions that the last few years have been hard on Tom, and that Tom always tells her that he loves football, but he just wants to go to work and be appreciated and have fun. Why would you, on numerous occasions, talk to somebody about wanting to feel appreciated at work, if you already felt appreciated?

Remember: This is still in the wake of Deflategate, where the franchise + BB dumped the ENTIRE mess at Brady's feet, since BB had to be insulated from it. post-Spygate, if he got caught up in something again it would've been a MAJOR suspension, if not worse. So, they dump it on Tom, and Tom was caught COMPLETELY off-guard. They didn't tell him beforehand, he found out by watching BB's press conference on TV. Furthermore, BB had blocked Brady's personal trainer/life coach from the previous level of access he had with the team.

Couple things about TvT: First of all, like pretty much EVERYBODY Tom does over the past few years, it is at its core, an infomercial for TB12. I'm not sure if people outside of NE understand how big of a part of his life TB12 has become. It IS what the next phase of his life will revolve around, and even right now takes only a VERY close backseat to football (let's also not pretend that the two aren't inextricably tied together). All that being said, I actually found the series to be better, and more compelling then I anticipated it to be. It is ultimately an ad, but it's also a solid watch.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:37 PM, BayRaider said:

Bradys suite that his wife uses to watch games has been wiped completely clean and not renewed. 

Missing details, this is very common because duh they're not gonna use it during the off-season and Tom Brady will always have a personal suite whenever he asks for one. 

Either he will retire or return to New England for another 2 decades because 60 year old Brady winning a SB is inevitable much like Bellicheck's spiritual dealings finally catching up to him thus forcing him to transfer his spirit into Josh McDaniels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

If Philip Rivers is going to go to Tampa Bay, then Brady could possibly end up in Miami since Flores is already there. 

Miami is still a year away from competing. And they will draft Tua is a ready to start Week 1 type of starter. 

If Tom doesn’t go to New England, his options are basically Vegas and Los Angeles. Chargers and Raiders could compete this year. And both need a huge face to sell their new stadium. Tom stays in the AFC imo so I don’t think TB is an option.