Tom Time

Shady Slim

Brady 2020  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady next season is going to...

• Retire
    • Play on for NE
    • Play on for Someone Else (say)

5 hours ago, DannyB said:

Are you serious? Bill has made it subtly or not-so-subtly clear that he hopes Tom decides to move on so that he can move forward with the next phase of the franchise.

If you don't see that, it's because you live in homer fan-fiction land.

I think this isnt very accurate. 

What Bill Bellichick has done is refuse to address it, state that this isnt a decision that is solely his to decide upon. It may be a case of him not really knowing how he feels a week after their season ended. I think if you think BB is just stone cold ready to throw Brady out of the door, you might be somewhat delusional 

• Like 1

Is this acceptable?

Since week 4;

Dorsett targeted 44 times, catching 17 (39%)

Sanu 52 targets, caught 27 (52%)

Harry 31 targets and caught 14 (45%)

Seeing those stats, unless it was all on the QBs accuracy (which it wasn't in our case, mostly) you would defend your QB, every last one of you.

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is this acceptable?

Since week 4;

Dorsett targeted 44 times, catching 17 (39%)

Sanu 52 targets, caught 27 (52%)

Harry 31 targets and caught 14 (45%)

Seeing those stats, unless it was all on the QBs accuracy (which it wasn't in our case, mostly) you would defend your QB, every last one of you.

Haven’t read the whole thread so I’m not sure if this has been brought up but I heard on a sports talk show that Edelman led the league in drops as well.

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Haven’t read the whole thread so I’m not sure if this has been brought up but I heard on a sports talk show that Edelman led the league in drops as well.

Did he? Doesn't surprise me, I'm pretty sure he dropped one every game.

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Edelman was banged up pretty badly all season, but yes his drops were annoying to witness. He lost 3 of 7 of them.

Comparatively...

Sanu, Harry, and Dorsett: 127 targets, 58 receptions.

Edelman: 153 targets, 100 receptions.

I think he resigns in NE for one year. I'm not sure he would actually want to play anywhere else at this point. The move, the new players, coaches, learning a different offense, installing it  etc.. Just seems like a ton of work just to stroke your ego and say you can win without Belicheck. 

Edited by RabidPanther89
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I think this isnt very accurate. 

What Bill Bellichick has done is refuse to address it, state that this isnt a decision that is solely his to decide upon. It may be a case of him not really knowing how he feels a week after their season ended. I think if you think BB is just stone cold ready to throw Brady out of the door, you might be somewhat delusional 

If I'm reading into this statement by Belichick, it's this: Belichick wants Brady back but at a lower price, while Kraft is willing to pay more. That's why he's saying it's not just his decision.

This may be one of those rare cases where Kraft overrules Belichick because he desperately wants Tommy to be a Patriot for life.

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/tom-brady-thanks-patriots-fans-in-instagram-post  

Tom addresses the media/fans about future.

The 42-year-old seems to confirm what he's hinted at since Saturday night -- he isn't retiring.

Here's what it says: "I just wanted to say to all of our fans, THANK YOU! After a few days of reflection, I am so grateful and humbled by the unconditional support you have shown me the past two decades. Running out of that tunnel every week is a feeling that is hard to explain. I wish every season ended in a win, but that’s not the nature of sports (or life). Nobody plays to lose. But the reward for working hard is just that, the work!! I have been blessed to find a career I love, teammates who go to battle with me, an organization that believes in me, and fans who have been behind us every step of the way.

"Every one of us that works at Gillette Stadium strived to do their best, spent themselves at a worthy cause, and prepared to fail while daring greatly (h/t Teddy Roosevelt). And for that, we’ve been rewarded with something that the scoreboard won’t show - the satisfaction of knowing we gave everything to each other in pursuit of a common goal. That is what TEAM is all about.

"In both life and football, failure is inevitable. You dont always win. You can, however, learn from that failure, pick yourself up with great enthusiasm, and place yourself in the arena again.
And that’s right where you will find me. Because I know I still have more to prove."

So there's that :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

If I'm reading into this statement by Belichick, it's this: Belichick wants Brady back but at a lower price, while Kraft is willing to pay more. That's why he's saying it's not just his decision.

This may be one of those rare cases where Kraft overrules Belichick because he desperately wants Tommy to be a Patriot for life.

Yeah, that was what I perceived as well. BB was simply stating that it's not as easy as "You coming back Tom?" and Tom saying "Sure."

There is a lot of money at stake, decisions outside of just those two that have to be made and different terms to agree to, etc... Anyone reading it as anything other than that is inserting their bias.

6 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Right now, he's probably thinking he has to prove 2019 wasn't his fault.

Anyone with two eyes and a baseline understanding of football that watched more than a couple games should be able to see that. I'm all for him coming back to shut 'em all up though :)

I have zero doubt he's coming back.  I have a lot of doubt it's to NE.

Everyone can point to preserving his legacy as a lifer NE QB - but if you want to prove that it was way more TB12 than BB - you go to another team and win a title.

Now, I don't think that's the only angle - the bigger angle is that NE has so much work to do to get a good supporting cast, and way fewer resources than other teams who also need QB (Colts, Chargers being 2 obvious spots).    Brady can't carry an O by himself, we've seen as much this year.   So going to the best spot to have the deepest cast would make sense.   IND has the unbelievable OL, but needs a complementary WR to TY Hilton, while LAC has the receiver corps, and Henry/Ekeler, but needs a better OL (but also owns the 6 spot to draft impact OL talent).

Add it all up, I don't think a Montana/Favre redux is at all out of the question here.