Tom Time

Shady Slim

Brady 2020  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady next season is going to...

• Retire
    • Play on for NE
    • Play on for Someone Else (say)

Brady's is a victim of his own success at this point. They're at a stage where unless they're getting to the AFC Championship at the bare minimum it's a failed season. So they're probably have to decide are they 1 Julio Jones away from a Super Bowl birth or not if they're going to keep him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malik said:

Brady's is a victim of his own success at this point. They're at a stage where unless they're getting to the AFC Championship at the bare minimum it's a failed season. So they're probably have to decide are they 1 Julio Jones away from a Super Bowl birth or not if they're going to keep him.

Well we tried that with AB...whoops.

Julio obviously is 100x the person though :) no chance of him however.

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No one should be angry at your opinion, because they are just that - an opinion. And interesting, at that.

My opinion is that you're doing a lot of over-analysing and reading into things that are mostly probably not there. The last place BB ever wants to be is in press conferences and I don't think we should be reading much into anything he says up there. Good or bad.

But it's not JUST the press conferences. It's the aggregate of the way things have looked and sounded by all parties since around 2014. That's my point, it's not any one obvious thing. The individual pieces are easily dismissable.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have a hard time believing he will retire and have an even harder time thinking he'll play for someone else

If he could get anyone to catch the ball regularly more than Edelman and White at least

Well he has basically explicitly said he's coming back, the question is where. After an entire season of posturing that he is more than willing to leave if they don't give him a better contract, the latest feeling is that he's stepping back from that a bit, and is leaning more toward coming back.

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Well he has basically explicitly said he's coming back, the question is where. After an entire season of posturing that he is more than willing to leave if they don't give him a better contract, the latest feeling is that he's stepping back from that a bit, and is leaning more toward coming back.

Can you show us some examples of that? 

The most egregious thing I've heard was his pleading the 5th last season. Don't recall anything worse than this, but maybe I missed it

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can you show us some examples of that? 

The most egregious thing I've heard was his pleading the 5th last season. Don't recall anything worse than this, but maybe I missed it

"Scoops" dropped to reporters in the Brady camp (Gasper, Curran, etc), skipping passing camps, STRONG smoke regarding the Gronk trade that wasn't, the joyless way he carried himself pretty much all season, including basically crapping on the weapons he was given (whether he was right or not, I'd NEVER seen/heard him act this way or say these things, so consistently, at any point during his career). Probably other stuff that doesn't come to mind. To me it was beyond obvious. To the point that I couldn't believe that he kept acting that way, like, even if he was unhappy.

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

"Scoops" dropped to reporters in the Brady camp (Gasper, Curran, etc), skipping passing camps, STRONG smoke regarding the Gronk trade that wasn't, the joyless way he carried himself pretty much all season, including basically crapping on the weapons he was given (whether he was right or not, I'd NEVER seen/heard him act this way or say these things, so consistently, at any point during his career). Probably other stuff that doesn't come to mind. To me it was beyond obvious. To the point that I couldn't believe that he kept acting that way, like, even if he was unhappy.

So..."no"?

33 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

So..."no"?

I mean, sure, if you just don't want to bother reading or looking into ANYTHING else yourself. I write a lot and people go "lol nice essay", I just post a simple statement, and people go "please provide a 300 page cited, peer-reviewed dissertation regarding the entire history of this topic".

So, y'know, go screw.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

To their face? Everyone was in the same room when he said it? 

What the hell are you even talking about? Gisele said it in the "docu-series" that Tom has absolute final editorial control over. Are people so naive to think that doesn't mean anything? Jesus.