Is Drew Brees overrated?

rocky_rams

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Ravens have had some bad receiving cores. 

I don't disagree to be honest but at the same time they weren't bad they were tailored for play action and big plays.

Smith, Wallace, Maclin, Snead, Aikem, Givens, Jones and I am sure I missing a few with a few decent TE's..

Saints

Colston, Henderson, Moore, Snead, Thomas, Ginn,Cook, Meachem, and Graham,Gates, Shockey. (These are Brees best Wrs over a 19 year span by the way.

A lot of these Wr's never had the same production they had with Brees at Qb. Even the running back that were Wring threats numbers are way better with Brees. So are the deep threats.

12 minutes ago, MrnastiesNO said:

There are only2  BETTER than him and Brady isn't one of them. There are a few more GREATER than him and that include Brady. I don't look into Greatness to much for the example. Brees has a higher Regular season Qb rating and his rating goes up in the playoffs.  Brady has a worst Regular reason Qb rating and in the post season it drop considerably.  (That tell you alone that Brady accomplished wasn't to elevated play but to great teams.) How can you be truly the Greatest if your play didn't elevate in the playoffs and you were never actually the best QB while playing ever.

I prefer you answer the question why is Tom Brady's Qb rating 7 point lower in the playoffs than in the regulars seasons. He has the worst differential of all elite QB's .

This is where you lose credibility. Take off those NO shades 

14 minutes ago, MrnastiesNO said:

I prefer you answer the question why is Tom Brady's Qb rating 7 point lower in the playoffs than in the regulars seasons. He has the worst differential of all elite QB's .

First off, QB rating isn’t everything. 

Second, Brady historically hasn’t been surrounded by top offenses unlike Brees.

Brady has played more playoff games than most QBs with an average or mediocre offense while facing strong/elite defenses in the playoffs. So his rating is bound to dip

Brady is not a stat padder, he’s a winner. Which is why Montana will always be better than Marino. Brady and Brees don’t even belong in the same sentence.

Brees is in the Rodgers tier 

If we are going to go based on QB rating in the playoffs than I assume Mark Sanchez (94 QB rating) is better than Tom Brady (89 QB rating)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

First off, QB rating isn’t everything. 

Second, Brady historically hasn’t been surrounded by top offenses unlike Brees.

Brady has played more playoff games than most QBs with an average or mediocre offense while facing strong/elite defenses in the playoffs. So his rating is bound to dip

Brady is not a stat padder, he’s a winner. Which is why Montana will always be better than Marino. Brady and Brees don’t even belong in the same sentence.

Brees is in the Rodgers tier 

If we are going to go based on QB rating in the playoffs than I assume Mark Sanchez (94 QB rating) is better than Tom Brady (89 QB rating)

Brady-- Moss, Caldwell, Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Graham, Watson, Crumpler, Bennett, Ochocinco, Lloyd, Cooks, Stallworth, Elderman, Amendola, Brown, Givens, Patten, Brown, Sanu, D. Thomas, I am sure I am missing a few.

Brees-- Thomas, Colston, Meachem, Stills, Cooks, Graham, Graham, Shockey, Boston, Caldwell, Conway, Henderson, Moore, Snead.

Which one would you rather have. Plus one of the best offensive lines and defense of consistently. Have a great defense is such a blessing. Team don't win Superbowls with average QB play in the playoffs withouy great defenses.

Every defense in the playoffs is elite unless your playing the Saints. lol.  Brady has padded stats plenty of times especially his 2007 season. Montana isn't better than Marino. He is greater there is a huge difference. Montana played on all time great teams and Marino didn't. Marino was easily the better Qb he just never had the talent around him. Rodger, Brady, Brees, and Manning have always been in the same tier. If you compare season, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers head to head to Brady have all had more better season than Brady. (Take it for what's it worth but Brady has the championships.) This all means on thing. Brady was on the better team.

Mark Sanchez did nothing the playoffs. I used QBR because it's easy. You can break down the number per game and its still reflects the QBR so why would I waste the time. 

Brady 4.2%  TD 2.2% in the playoffs

Brees 5.2%    TD 1.9% playoffs

Look at the points against for the Patriots vs the points against the Saints in the regular season then glance at the postseason also.

Edited by MrnastiesNO

7 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

There are only2  BETTER than him and Brady isn't one of them. There are a few more GREATER than him and that include Brady. I don't look into Greatness to much for the example. Brees has a higher Regular season Qb rating and his rating goes up in the playoffs.  Brady has a worst Regular reason Qb rating and in the post season it drop considerably.  (That tell you alone that Brady accomplished wasn't to elevated play but to great teams.) How can you be truly the Greatest if your play didn't elevate in the playoffs and you were never actually the best QB while playing ever.

1.)Brady has a higher passer rating indoors(109 to 104) and outside(96.4 to 91.8). Brees just plays 9 games a year in a dome. 

2.)The vast majority of Drew Brees playoff games have been indoors. Where Tom Brady is better.  Tom Brady best playoff game ever was inside against the Eagles in which he had 505 yards 3 Touchdowns

3.)The audacity of using never been the “best QB” in the league to defend a guy who has zero 1st team all pros and ZERO MVPS.

Brees is a first ballot HOFer. But he's not the same guy now that he used to be. The interception last week he under threw the ball if not that could have been a TD. The throw before the FG to tie he under threw if not what does Thomas do with that if he's hit in stride? He's been fun to watch but if he comes back next year what do we see?

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

1.)Brady has a higher passer rating indoors(109 to 104) and outside(96.4 to 91.8). Brees just plays 9 games a year in a dome. 

2.)The vast majority of Drew Brees playoff games have been indoors. Where Tom Brady is better.  Tom Brady best playoff game ever was inside against the Eagles in which he had 505 yards 3 Touchdowns

3.)The audacity of using never been the “best QB” in the league to defend a guy who has zero 1st team all pros and ZERO MVPS.

Brees was first team All Pro in 2006. 

I've heard from other Saints fans that Sean was pretty close to getting the axe after three straight 7-9 seasons. That and expectations are different for a franchise like New Orleans (been great recently but historically awful) than they are for Green Bay (pretty much always expected to win the Super Bowl).

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

When does Sean Payton start taking some heat?

We threw McCarthy under the bus for underachieving.

We had been giving him heat for his consistent historically bad defenses, but he turned that around in 2017, which was probably gonna be his last year if he didn’t.

Brees is a clear tier below the "best of all time", but i don't think it's unfair to rate him comfortably among that next tier.  It's a much bigger tier though, including an awful lot of QBs that probably actually spills outside the Top-10.  Whether he's in or out...is either a matter of an arbitrary threshold, or just personal opinion pretty much.

• Like 1