2019 Divisional Round Playoffs

Leader

11 hours ago, Leader said:

Barry McCockiner -  All joking aside, congrats to the Seahawks, who did a phenomenal job of cheap-shotting Carson Wentz out of the game in the 1st quarter and barely held on to beat a 40 year old scrub QB. This is what greatness looks like. Props to Russ for scoring 17 points.

lol c'mon.

12 hours ago, Leader said:

Barry McCockiner -  All joking aside, congrats to the Seahawks, who did a phenomenal job of cheap-shotting Carson Wentz out of the game in the 1st quarter and barely held on to beat a 40 year old scrub QB. This is what greatness looks like. Props to Russ for scoring 17 points.

True story, Bertie and Barry are old HS buddies.

• Like 3

There was chatter yesterday that NOLA should have bypassed the FG and gone for the TD when they were 4th and goal from the MN 11 yard line.
It was early and I commented they were right to take the easy points.

Turned out to be a consequential 3 points no?  

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

There was chatter yesterday that NOLA should have bypassed the FG and gone for the TD when they were 4th and goal from the MN 11 yard line.

4th and Goal from the 11 is a tough play to convert vs a good defense.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:06 PM, incognito_man said:

AFC home teams and GB are gonna roll.

I think SF probably will, too. But that will be the most contested game I think. Next weekend is going to be boring compared to this one. See at least 3 of the games as double digit wins.

BLT (38) TEN (20)

KC (34) HOU (23)

GB (27) SEA (16)

SF (24) MIN (20)

I don't know if SF - MN will be that close, mostly because of the Vikes' OL.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:26 PM, Golfman said:

Seattle 21 v. Cincinnati 20

Seattle 28 v. Pittsburgh 26 (Rapeburger goes out in first half)

Seattle 32 v. Browns 28

Seattle 27 v. Atlanta 20 (before Atlanta started to turn it around)

Seattle 40 v. Tamp 34

Seattle 30 v. Carolina 24

Arizona 27 v. Seattle 13 (when they had a chance to be playing the next week for a division championship and a bye)

LOL! 

This just shows how hard it is to win in this league.  SEA found a way to win these games winning ugly like we did, especially on the road.  Yes, we struggled in Detroit but we usually do.   We aren't the best team still left in the dance but we aren't as bad as cannondale is suggesting.  Wasn't that game against AZ a home game for them?

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

This just shows how hard it is to win in this league.  SEA found a way to win these games winning ugly like we did, especially on the road.  Yes, we struggled in Detroit but we usually do.   We aren't the best team still left in the dance but we aren't as bad as cannondale is suggesting.  Wasn't that game against AZ a home game for them?

Yeah that was a home game. AZ dominated all three phases and ultimately finished them off with Brett ******* Hundley because of the injury to Murray. 

On 1/5/2020 at 10:38 PM, Sasquatch said:

I think you nailed it pretty damn well.  Once Wilson escapes, it almost always ends up sucking for the defense, as you pointed out.  He can run it for 15 yards, or make some ridiculous throw that leaves announcers speechless.  With our defense, I prefer a matchup with a pocket passer because we’ve proven we can get home.  If our defense can play disciplined and contain and pressure Wilson, it should be a no-brainer.  Ugly?  Probably.

If their OL is as bad as Lodestar suggests I would think Z. Smith could replicate his performance like he did against MN a couple of weeks ago unless Wilson gets loose of course.

23 hours ago, Leader said:

I thought they should have taken the FG too.  Didn't then have to get a TD and a 2 point conversion to tie?

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:06 PM, incognito_man said:

AFC home teams and GB are gonna roll.

I think SF probably will, too. But that will be the most contested game I think. Next weekend is going to be boring compared to this one. See at least 3 of the games as double digit wins.

You guys remember what Z, Clark, Preston, and co did do Minny's offensive line at MN? I expect San Fran to do equally or even worse to them this weekend.

• Like 1

Tom Pelissero -  Vikings RB Dalvin Cook addressing reporters, draws a distinction between being injured and banged up. Says he was just banged up at end of season. Had 31 touches in return Sunday. “I’m fine, just to let y’all know.”

Question:  when considering the "odds", which is more 'likely':

1. beating a team the second time you play them where you lost the first game in that same season

Or,

2. beating a team three times in the same season

I understand there's a lot of criteria that has to be considered when running the math for the "odds", home versus away, matchups, etc.  I'm just curious if statistically speaking, the odds favor one scenario over the other, regardless of what our heart or gut says?