GDT: Still kind of America’s Team at Ravens

titans0021

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Casey with 2 sacks on Jackson. Far from invisible. 

His biggest game of the season. Our entire interior DL is legit though. Those 4th and short stops are because of guys like Casey, Jones, and Simmons. 

I've been saying it for weeks, our run defense isn't a joke. We play bend but don't break defense. Our base is usually considered a sub package. We don't care if you rush for 4.4 YPC. We're betting that if we prevent big plays, we'll eventually get a stop leading to a 2nd and 10, or a false start/holding, or eventually get a sack or a big play for the D. Something that will kill the drive at some point. Very few teams sustain drive after drive after drive by making small gashes and getting seven 3rd down conversions on each drive. We don't care if you have 500+ yards of total offense as long as you got 12 points. This is the same strategy that Belichick used against us, really, and it held us to 14 points.

Oh, and while doing all of this is plays into our offensive strategy of shortening the game and fewer possessions. You'll run 4 minutes off the clock and then punt from your own 45.

Now the real test is stopping teams that get big plays no matter what in the passing game. KC and HOU both can beat you in the air, which is our weakness. Our CBs weren't tested the last two weeks the way the will be next week.

And how about Tremaine Brock the last two games. He wasn't really being tested by big passing offenses, but he has been playing really well on the outside. How about that for him to be cut by a team with a top 10 pick and be picked up by a contender and be a real contributor on the defense that is really responsible for these past two wins.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Is this "good to great" enough for you guys?

I can't talk tOo much **** cuz I was about ready to bail on the coach too during the shutout in Denver, but man, LETS ****IN GO!!

For most, yes. For Deluxx and Hope? One loss and they're off that train again.xD

1 minute ago, Adamc89 said:

Yanda said Simmons spit in his face and played dirty lol 

I really doubt the guy who stepped on a girls head when she was down would do such a thing. Sounds totally out of character lol. I'm sure Yanda wasn't completely innocent.

I'm honestly so emotional after this win for so many reasons, Just so damn happy for this team, and all of us fans on this board and beyond that have been loyal to this team for so many years and suffered through so many dark days just to get back here to where we are in the AFC Championship. It's an absolutely amazing feeling. This team has felt in a lot of ways like an extension of my family since the team moved here. I've followed them faithfully through all the ups and the downs. No matter what has happened in my life this team has always been very high on my priority list, and I hold this franchise really close to my heart. Some might call that silly or whatever, but some of my greatest memories in my personal life have come because of this team whether it was directly because of specific times we won, or just simple quality time memories of watching the games with my family.. So to see THIS particular team a team that nobody believed in get to the AFC Championship after so many years of struggle is just a surreal and special feeling. I'm taking it in and cherishing every second of it. Love you guys!

• Like 5