2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

23 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I guess that's a good question. I would say a receiver that the offense works through. 

Just trying tp think of names off top of my head...

Bonafide: Julio, Thomas, Hopkins, Adams, Hill

Close: Beckham, Evans, Godwin, Thielen, A-Rob, Cooper

Lower end: Cooks, Diggs, Edelman, Woods, Moore

Just now, mm6492 said:

See I'd say Kelce is the number 1 receiver for the chiefs not hill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mm6492 said:

Not a fan of Courtland Sutton, Kenny Golladay, or Keenan Allen? You'd take Edelman and Robert Woods over those three? I guess if it's off the top of your head you could have done worse, but Robert Woods?

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jefferson would be a good slot WR, but just be an average #2 outside WR, ala J Matt, but yeah, that wouldn't really move the needle for our passing game.

When people say this is a deep WR class, they mean it's a deep #2/#3 WR class. After Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs/Mims/Reagor/Maybe Shenault, it's a bunch of #2's or slot WR's or #2's that would be better off as slot WR's. I guess 5 or 6 potential #1 WR's is pretty deep though. Never mind, it's a deep class. 

Comparing Jefferson to Jmatt is a lazy comp

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jefferson would be a good slot WR, but just be an average #2 outside WR, ala J Matt, but yeah, that wouldn't really move the needle for our passing game.

When people say this is a deep WR class, they mean it's a deep #2/#3 WR class. After Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs/Mims/Reagor/Maybe Shenault, it's a bunch of #2's or slot WR's or #2's that would be better off as slot WR's. I guess 5 or 6 potential #1 WR's is pretty deep though. Never mind, it's a deep class. 

Jefferson is just a way more polished wideout coming out.  Jefferson is a way better route runner, gets more separation. Jefferson can actually play outside, but he can excel as a slot wideout. Also, Jefferson has great hands and is someone you can rely on. Jefferson is great on contested catches as he caught 92% of contested catches as jmatt was horrible at that. Jefferson also is really quick compared to jmatt. Also way better after the catch.

16 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I wouldn't say selecting Reagor at 21 would be settling for anything lol. He's a sure fire 1st round pick. Much more than just a deep threat. If you can't see that, can't help you. If you're gonna compare a talent like Reagor to Devin Duvernay, well again, I can't help you.

Reagor is not a sure fire first rounder, he could get selected if the top 4 or 5 are gone and a team gets pushed into taking him instead of waiting...And I compared the ability to stretch the field. Duvernay did most of his damage in the slot, Reagor on the outside. But the others were just as dynamic as vertical threats. 

There are plenty of WRs who ball out because 1 they develop in the right system or 2 their skillset translates at the next level. We all know the draft is a crap shoot, 

Edited by nlesthought

39 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

^ he won't get past GB. Book it.

Maybe at 62.  The Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since they took Javon Walker back in 2002.  In fact, going back to when Ted Thompson took over for Mike Sherman, the earliest the Packers have taken a WR was in 2008 when the Packers traded back from 30 to 36 with the Jets before taking Jordy Nelson.  Other than Nelson, the earliest they'd pick a WR was when they selected Greg Jennings 52nd overall back in 2006.  But I think the more staggering fact is that the Packers have only taken ONE WR that was sub-5'10", which was when they took Randall Cobb back in 2011.  All of their WRs are usually 6'+, and given LaFleur AND Gute's preference for bigger WRs, I'd be surprised if Reagor was their guy at 62.  I certainly don't think they're in on him at 30.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe at 62.  The Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since they took Javon Walker back in 2002.  In fact, going back to when Ted Thompson took over for Mike Sherman, the earliest the Packers have taken a WR was in 2008 when the Packers traded back from 30 to 36 with the Jets before taking Jordy Nelson.  Other than Nelson, the earliest they'd pick a WR was when they selected Greg Jennings 52nd overall back in 2006.  But I think the more staggering fact is that the Packers have only taken ONE WR that was sub-5'10", which was when they took Randall Cobb back in 2011.  All of their WRs are usually 6'+, and given LaFleur AND Gute's preference for bigger WRs, I'd be surprised if Reagor was their guy at 62.  I certainly don't think they're in on him at 30.

I heard they loved mims

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Fair enough, but Reagor won't be there at 62 lol. I think he has first round pick written all over him.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Fair enough, but Reagor won't be there at 62 lol. I think he has first round pick written all over him.

I'm not sure I agree on the latter part.  I'd probably agree he won't be available at 62.  This WR class is top heavy and deep.  I think there are 3 guys who are solidly ahead of Reagor (Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs).  After those 3, I think you're going to get some split opinions.  I think Denzel Mims and Justin Jefferson are probably the next WRs off the board.  I've got Reagor on the same tier as Shenault, Higgins, and Aiyuk.

58 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure I agree on the latter part.  I'd probably agree he won't be available at 62.  This WR class is top heavy and deep.  I think there are 3 guys who are solidly ahead of Reagor (Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs).  After those 3, I think you're going to get some split opinions.  I think Denzel Mims and Justin Jefferson are probably the next WRs off the board.  I've got Reagor on the same tier as Shenault, Higgins, and Aiyuk.

Once that run starts on WR (or any position really) it's like an avalanche man. Every team that needs one who hasn't picked one yet, will default to taking one. I think that run starts in the 20s. The big 3 will all be gone by 15 at the latest. There's gonna be like 7 receivers taken in the 1st.