2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

They should do round 2 comp picks for people that sign for 15+, round 3 for 10-14.9M, etc

Yeah I think totally gutting the comp pick formula should’ve also been done. I’d probably bump up those numbers a tad. Like 17-18 mil gets a 2nd. Etc. but it’s a good idea

19 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think they are covering what he did on the field well. It's all the pre/post snap stuff that is the big lost obviously.
We so far are using 2-3 guys to replicate Malcolm which is the rub on a team trying to hold onto depth>

Yeah there is no way Mills is going to fill the hole Jenkins left. He is not a good football player, that transcends positions IMO. His instincts are poor. I hope he proves me wrong and he's just been playing out of position this whole time and is actually a natural at safety, but I have my doubts. At the very least he is more athletic than Malcolm, so we should defend against big plays better.

• Like 1

Pretty cool story, short 2 min video about Jon Runyan Jr. Apparently Lane lets him workout in his home. 

Pretty cool to think Lane does this and recognizes the man before him, Jon Runyan Sr. Hope the kid takes advantage of the opportunity working with the best RT in the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Don't like that... we need a damn WR after sitting on our hands during FA, and need to just pull that trigger in the 1st. Losing Ertz + a shot at a WR in the 1st? Poor Carson.

Going from Ertz to Goedert is not a big loss for us. There would be some drop off no doubt. But we can get more value right now by trading Ertz than keeping him. I'll forever be a fan, but this team can maximize what it has now if we flip Ertz.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Going from Ertz to Goedert is not a big loss for us. There would be some drop off no doubt. But we can get more value right now by trading Ertz than keeping him. I'll forever be a fan, but this team can maximize what it has now if we flip Ertz.

Bout damn time someone starts making sense around here. Trade a TE. Why do we need two? Trade Ertz to a wannabe contender or Goedert to a rebuilding team. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Pretty cool story, short 2 min video about Jon Runyan Jr. Apparently Lane lets him workout in his home. 

Pretty cool to think Lane does this and recognizes the man before him, Jon Runyan Sr. Hope the kid takes advantage of the opportunity working with the best RT in the game.

they probably just live in the same neighborhood in NJ and became friends over the years.

40 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Bout damn time someone starts making sense around here. Trade a TE. Why do we need two? Trade Ertz to a wannabe contender or Goedert to a rebuilding team. 

Because there isn't a single wide receiver available that replaces 88 catches in your offense.