BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

4 hours ago, Blue said:

hallelujah, a mock where I have picks!

I'm the only one who doesn't have a pick in the first four rounds :( sad rack noises

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I appreciate the effort for the mock, but that's a trash draft for me.

I fully admitted that your draft was tough because your needs didn't exactly match the players available. But also I don't think it was trash either. You got some very talented players.

5 hours ago, rackcs said:

Mock Draft 4.0
Honestly got a little tired of doing the explanations partway through the second round so I just gave up on that but I will explain my reasoning for any pick if you ask.

Round 1

13. Singapore Sentinels: Jeremiah Owusu-Karamoah, LB, Notre Dame - Singapore has Deion Jones but that is literally it. I think SirA will like JOK's versatility and athleticism.

While I do have a penchant for acronym guys, I don't really value LB's this early or much at all. I am high on Van Ginkel and Hollins as ERFA's to pair with Jones next season or another vet again like KPL.

Round 2

13. Singapore Sentinels: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia - Singapore could use help at this position. While Campbell may not be an immediate starter, he's got all of the tools to potentially be elite down the road.

Don't really know anything about him but I really haven't done much research yet. 

Round 4
13. Singapore Sentinels: Patrick Jones II, EDGE, Pittsburgh
14. Singapore Sentinels (via Gotham): Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC

I also like 2nd and 3rd sons so will have to look up Jones. I do know who Amon-Ra is from a Devy dynasty league I was in a couple of years ago.

Thanks for you effort.

6 hours ago, rackcs said:

10. Cuba Smugglers: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama - Cuba's secondary is a little bit sus so they add one of, if not the, top CBs in the class.

How do I say I dislike the pick and not be lying?

Cuba Smugglers: Carlos Basham Jr., EDGE, Wake Forest

I respect you for giving me an ACC guy but I probably won’t go this route. Obviously will be reassessed come combine.

Cuba Smugglers (via Berlin): Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis

Probably not.

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

So after watching tonight's game, do I have to endure another week of lies about how Kyler Murray is a great quarterback, or do I get a brief reprieve?

I think he is capable of playing great, or rather making some great players. He has skills, some talent for sure. Is he a great QB? No, no he is not. I didn't need this game to know that. 

7 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Divisional record only applies for teams in the same division who need to have a tie broken. Otherwise its head to head (2 teams) or vote record. Then for 3 or more, its div record if there's multiple team in the same division, with the worse divisional record being eliminated if possible. If not, record in common games (if all the teams have played each other). If they haven't, then its broken by vote total.

We already determined that what was posted, what you quoted was the way it was being done At least 6 of us discussed at length and basically agreed in the end that 

1. Record

2. H2H

3. Divisonal Recoee

4. Vote Differential

5. Coin Toss

Is how it'll be done (it was apparently voted on a long time ago it just took a lengthy conversation earlier to gain some necessary clarity)